News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sm33

sm33 Profile Photo
Member Name: sm33
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LITTLE BEAR RIDGE ROAD: Metcalf & Mantello, Steppenwolf Summer 2024  May 13 2024, 05:40:46 PM
Thanks so much for sharing, because I'm going to Chicago in July and this will fit into my plans perfectly! I've never been to Steppenwolf, excited to check it out.
The New Group's  May 12 2024, 05:16:55 PM
Coming into the city on Tuesday for a week and I didn't have anything booked for Sunday night, so I slotted this in based on these reviews! I'll be sure to report back.
Free streams of past Shakespeare in the Park productions  May 5 2024, 11:51:17 AM
That's awesome!

I am still salty that the only one we've been able to attend (The Tempest a few years back with Sam Waterston) got rained out at intermission. Maybe one day I'll be able to see the end!

The Lonely Few @ MCC  Apr 29 2024, 05:12:23 PM
Man, some of these reviews make me realize that listening to reviews here has probably caused me to miss out on some great stuff over the years! I saw this in LA (several times!) and absolutely loved it - looking forward to seeing it again in a couple of weeks at MCC. I think the story is pretty clear, but maybe not as substantial as some are looking for - it's a relationship drama. And it's loud, for sure, but hopefully a few more previews will allow them to tweak the audio if deciphering lyric
Mayer-helmed GALILEO musical and more part of Berkeley Rep season  Apr 12 2023, 07:01:18 PM

Looks like I'm road tripping to Berkley next summer! That creative team is absolutely stacked. After I saw (and became a little obsessed with) The Lonely Few, I was poking around trying to see what else Zoe Sarnak was working on, and this looked promising. I'm only sad we have to wait a year! 

Dave Malloy's THREE HOUSES at Signature  Apr 2 2024, 04:58:50 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Dave writes, I buy.

That's how this relationship works.

Can't wait!
"

Same here... going in May and I can't wait. 

FAT HAM at Geffen Playhouse  Jan 9 2024, 03:29:26 PM
Planning to see this production since I didn't get the chance to see it in NYC. Is there a bad place to sit for this show, or not so much?
Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Jan 3 2024, 06:17:12 PM
I went to the matinee on Saturday 12/30, and was expecting that she'd be out because of reports here that she doesn't do matinees, but she was in and sounded great. I was especially psyched because I saw it off-Broadway exactly one year before that and she was out for that show. I did love Jamila Sabares-Klemm's performance (and my husband actually preferred her) but it was nice to be able to see the full cast.
Jamie Lloyd's revival of THE EFFECT to play The Shed (w/ Paapa Essiedu & Taylor Russell)  Dec 11 2023, 02:10:01 PM

I'd love to see this, but a four week run is not long enough for me to get there with everything else coming out this spring. It's wild to me that it even makes sense to transfer for such a short run.

New Musicals by Jason Robert Brown, Gavin Creel & More Set for MCC's 2023/24 Season  Jun 22 2023, 04:06:37 PM

So excited to see The Lonely Few in their season!! Saw it three times when it was in LA and wish I could have seen it more. Just a shame it's a full year out! 

Signature Theatre season includes Morriseau, Ruhl, and Malloy musical premiere  Jun 13 2023, 08:18:15 PM

I will absolutely be planning a spring trip around Dave Malloy's show.

The 76th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 11 2023, 08:18:06 PM

Theatrefanboy1 said: "This host is so boring. She was bad last year. I’m surprised they had her back. I think Rosie was far more interesting. Nathan lane would have been far better especially with the improv"

I could not disagree with this more, she's been great! 

Millennials Are Killing Musicals  May 17 2023, 01:34:15 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "dseaver70 said: "More or less…but beyond that, why is Ciara

absent from this?
"

I’m thinking the same thing… her recent Instagram post, particularly her caption, is striking to say the least.

“So happy to be spending my day with my person, out and free from what had been dragging me down. Only stay where you are celebrated, loved, and supported. So this is where you’ll find me for the remainder of today”
"

Oh wow. I started following her after seeing her in The Lonely Few, and though the show got extended a couple of weeks, she didn't stay for the extension, presumably because of commitments to this show. She was definitely posting about working on it and being so excited for it as of a couple weeks ago! Rereading this caption in light of the info that she's not there... I hope she's doing ok. 

King James  May 17 2023, 01:23:22 PM

Saw this in LA and liked it!  I thought Perfetti was the stronger performer of the two, but they were both good and it was an enjoyable evening at the theater. Our crowd was really into the DJ, lol. 

Broadway prices and uncomfortable seats  Apr 21 2023, 03:19:05 PM

EAPEAPMO said: "What do you mean by this? Like what are you suggesting replaces the revenue of the removed seats?"

I've been to many shows that were nowhere near filled to capacity, and I am sure you have, too. I am suggesting that perhaps more people would go to the theater if they didn't associate it with being extremely uncomfortable, and since most shows are not selling out every performance anyway, the reduced seating would lead to fuller houses overall.

Broadway prices and uncomfortable seats  Apr 21 2023, 02:53:29 PM

Yeah, it sucks! I'm short, but I'm fat, and some of the theater seats in NYC are so small as to be physically painful. Others, like the ones at the Hudson, are perfectly fine, and a bunch are somewhere in between.

I wish that theaters would invest more in the hard product - they will have less total seats, to be sure, but I suspect they'd have a much better chance of filling them all. I personally know people who won't go to the theater simply because the seats are unco

Patti Lupone, joined by Sutton and Sierra for Sondheim at the Hollywood Bowl  Apr 17 2023, 05:03:36 PM

Glad I already have tickets to this, it's gonna be great!

A Streetcar Named Desire at the Almeida in London  Apr 13 2023, 04:13:14 PM

EvanHansen said: "They're trying for early 2024."

Oh man, I really hope this works out!! 

PRIMA FACIE Previews  Apr 12 2023, 03:58:03 PM

RubyLee said: "We were in rear mezz and I really don't think there is a bad seat in that theater."

For sightlines, that is probably true! But as a heads up for anyone who is on the larger side, I'd highly recommend staying away from the far sides of the orchestra in this theater. I got seats via Audience Rewards to see Hangmen - Row J, Seats 6 & 8 -  and the seats were so narrow it was painful, even with no one next to us. We ended up moving several

THE LONELY FEW at the Geffen with Lauren Patten, Ciara Renée, Damon Daunno  Apr 7 2023, 04:20:57 PM

So I went back to see this again earlier this week via rush, and bought tickets for the closing performance, too. With a repeat viewing, I can confirm that this is a very good show - easily the best thing I've seen in LA since Deaf West's Spring Awakening, and Choir Boy before that, both of which ended up going to Broadway. I overheard two other groups seated nearby referencing the fact that this was not their first viewing, which makes me wonder what percentage of any given audi

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You