pixeltracker

Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel

Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel

#0Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 1:28pm

Usually don't spread gossip - but a friend of mine who attended the Theater World Awards yesterday, overheard Celia tell Cheyenne that she will be playing Ariel opposite his Prince Eric in the workshop of Little Mermaid. Can anyone confirm?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 1:29pm

You know, I could actually see that working. She's cute.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

#2re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 1:41pm

i dont know if its true, but i do want to point out that participating in the workshop doesnt guarantee they will be in the show when it comes to broadway.

i think shed make a good ariel.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#3re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 2:07pm

I am with Emcee and Mistress. Maybe I also add a "yay" to the prospect of Cheyenne as Prince Eric?

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#4re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 2:56pm

Ooh, this sounds great! I agree with everyone, I can definitely see her in the role.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#5re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:03pm

Yay! She'd be sooo much better than Kerry Butler.

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#6re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:15pm

Not to sound snarky, and I admit to being biased. But Thenardier - how can you possibly make that comment having not seen either in the role?

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

luvtheEmcee
#7re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:18pm

I think that even knowledge of the two, without having seen them in this particular role gives some license for speculation, no? Perhaps you're commenting here because you're biased - everybody has their biasees - but that's not really any reason to jump out at one particular case of speculation. Eponine's just saying she thinks Celia would be better than Kerry - she didn't say "is," she used a "would be" statement - I happen to agree with Eponine, but wondering how she could make that comment without having seen either of them as Ariel isn't much different from asking everyone to post "in my opinion" before they make any sort of statement that's not absolute fact.... is it? There's a difference between defending and standing up for a performer you like and telling someone they haven't got right to make a certain comment. Everybody makes speculations, often in advance of final casting or public performance, and I realize that speculation is often open to criticism, but I don't think just because of a bias, you should be cracking down on one specific speculative idea and no others.

Updated On: 5/24/05 at 03:18 PM

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#8re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:32pm

I'm not going to argue the point into oblivion. By the same right, Emcee, please don't twist my words around. What I asked was how the poster could possibly make that comment - not at all that she didn't have the right to.

Incidently, I happen to think both Kerry and Celia are amazing performers and either one would be fantastic in the role. Not having seen either, personally, I wouldn't be able to determine who I'd like better.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
Updated On: 5/24/05 at 03:32 PM

LucilleAndLeoFrank
#9re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:35pm

If this is true, it will be great.

luvtheEmcee
#10re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:35pm

Alright, poorly worded, I'll take that. Point being what I edited into my post at the same time you posted:

Everybody makes speculations, often in advance of final casting or public performance, and I realize that speculation is often open to criticism, but I don't think just because of a bias, you should be cracking down on one specific speculative idea and no others.

That's all I meant - I didn't think the comment was very fair to Eponine, it's just her opinion, and opinion is a good portion of that which this board thrives on. I also realize that opinions don't always line up, but the presentation of the questioning *did* come off as snarky, regardless of disclaimer, in fact to anyone who may not agree.

Updated On: 5/24/05 at 03:35 PM

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#11re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:26pm

I think Cecilia Keenan Bolger is better for the role then Kerry Butler, because Kerry Butler, in my opinion, is too old for it.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#12re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:29pm

It doesn't really matter if she's too old for it. She can still look as young as Ariel and her voice doesn't sound too old, either, as far as I'm concerned.

This is my signature.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#13re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:32pm

Who is she? Am I supposed to know her? Cheyenne as Eric! I'm all for that...she better be good...this is my dream role!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

luvtheEmcee
#14re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:33pm

She's playing Olive Ostrovsky (sp?) in Spelling Bee.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#15re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:33pm

She is in Spelling Bee and has a nomination for Best Feature Actress.

Edit: She also played Clara in the out of town run of The Light in the Piazza.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!
Updated On: 5/24/05 at 04:33 PM

StephanietheStar
#16re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:35pm

AHH..I see

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#17re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:42pm

Aigo. Having seen Kerry Butler recently, I can safely say, age aside, she looks too old for it....

midtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
#18re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:44pm

I saw Celia last night (first time) at the Summer of '42 concert. Very impressive. Funny, great stage presence, pretty and a lovely voice.
I wish i had seen her Clara Johnson in Piazza.

'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston
Updated On: 5/24/05 at 04:44 PM

StephanietheStar
#19re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:46pm

If they need someone young *points to herself*! I could do it..I was born to...:)

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#20re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 5:08pm

Celia is perfect casting as Ariel. However, I thought the same thing about Kerry, so either way - I'm thrilled.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#21re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 5:10pm

Cheyenne needs to get away from the Disney musicals. He's talented enough to make it without them.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

Up In Lost
#22re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 5:46pm

Let's keep the Kerry bashing to a minimum before Lost loses her head.

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

luvtheEmcee
#23re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 6:29pm

Nobody's bashing...

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#24re: Celia Keenan-Bolger to play Ariel
Posted: 5/24/05 at 6:34pm

I think Kerry would bring tremendous vocal power to the part, but ultimately think Celia will bring a beautiful vulnerability to it...

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

Videos