pixeltracker

If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...

If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...

Desperado
#0If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 5:15am

I bet it would be tough to cast Ursula. Probably would be easier to just get a fat man instead of a woman that can really be similar to Pat Carrol. I just cannot picture Ursula any way other than with that deep voice.

iluvtheatertrash
#1re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 9:10am

KATHLEEN TURNER!!!!

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

broadwayalto01 Profile Photo
broadwayalto01
#2re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 10:08am

EMILY SKINNER !!

Life is like a patio door, you never know which side is open... and then you run into the glass.... ~Connie and Carla

aliceripleysnumber1 Profile Photo
aliceripleysnumber1
#3re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:32am

I want Emily Skinner to play Ursula SOOOOO bad!

broadwayalto01 Profile Photo
broadwayalto01
#4re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:34am

EMILY FOR URSULA 2006 !!

Life is like a patio door, you never know which side is open... and then you run into the glass.... ~Connie and Carla

loganp37 Profile Photo
loganp37
#5re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:38am

Why not Harvey?

Does he have anything to do after Fiddler closes?
[edit-assuming it closes]

Updated On: 6/29/05 at 11:38 AM

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#6re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:59am

Sara Ramirez...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

CatieElphie1 Profile Photo
CatieElphie1
#7re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 12:50pm

me

Was that a fat joke?

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#8re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 12:54pm

I second Sara Ramirez! She has the perfect body, voice, and personality for the role. It would, without a doubt, be another Tony winning performance for her.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#9re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:11pm

JENNIFER HOLLIDAY

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#10re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:41pm

Harvey would be a great Ursula with Ramirez as Vanessa (seductive Ursula)

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#11re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:44pm

also, what else has Emily Skinner been in?

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#12re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:44pm

WOW that was REALLY harsh! Saying Sara Ramirez has the BODY for Ursula is not only wrong, it's inappropriate. I can't believe you'd say that. Sara is NOT overweight, doesn't have that kind of voice at ALL and her personality is not like Ursula's. I can't believe someone would say that. What? Sara didn't sign your Playbill? Cry about it. Don't go bashing her like that. That was ridiculous. Who do you think you are?

keggss23 Profile Photo
keggss23
#13re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:47pm

Whoa! Calm down, HBP. I don't think Foa meant it in a mean way. Jeez. I think Sara would be awesome as well. She has the perfect seductive voice, she's curvy in all of the right spots and she is pretty enough to play "human" Ursula as well.

"When you're a Jet, / You're a Jet all the way, / From your first pirouette / To your last grand jete." --Brian Kaman

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#14re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:55pm

did you notice Foa also said It would, without a doubt, be another Tony winning performance for her.

- if you were saying bad things about her then i highly doubt you would say she would win a tony.. i completely agree with Foa

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#15re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:59pm

Jesus...take some Valium. I love Sara Ramirez and when I said she had the body for it...I meant that with makeup and a fat suit she can play Ursula as the octopus...but would also be able to make the transition to the veluptuous brunette when Ursula takes human form. When I said she had the voice...I meant she has power and an amazing belt, which is what Ursula needs. And by personality I meant that she does the diva acting very well...and Ursula is a very self absorbed and powerful witch. Her character in SPAMALOT is a caricature of that type of character but she is a very powerful woman with a lot of stage presence...which is also what Ursula needs.

So why don't you think before you respond...especially since you haven't been on this board long enough to have such an attitude.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

#16re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:06pm

id be really curious how they make whoever they use into an octopus. in the movie her tentacles do a lot of stuff... even touching Ariel and creeping her out a bit, id be sad if they couldnt make that work on stage.

bella cantato
#17re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:18pm

Haha I'm sure they will. Disney never fails to provide a spectacle.

"You know, a little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire, so I supressed the urge to laugh in her face. But now, by gum, I think she might have been on to something!" --Reefer Madness

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#18re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:26pm

wow Mistress i definitely thought you said her testicles do a lot at first lol... but anyways well put Foa

#19re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:29pm

Well THAT would be interesting, but sadly not what I said. Arent they called tentacles?

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#20re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:29pm

yes i just read it wrong .. haha

bella cantato
#21re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:39pm

I think Sara Ramirez would be a fab Ursula. I would love to see her as a big diva. (Which was my line of thinking in an earlier post when I said I'd like to see Idina or someone like her in the role!) I think to give her a little more spunk, it might make her a more interesting character.

I am dyyyyying to know how they are going to pull of the swimming. But I don't want anyone to tell me until I see the show! Somehow I am going to have to keep my eyes and ears shut to all things Little Mermaid until it hits the stage and I can get to New York!

"You know, a little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire, so I supressed the urge to laugh in her face. But now, by gum, I think she might have been on to something!" --Reefer Madness

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#22re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 4:53pm

Oh crap. Sorry... didn't mean to offend. I thought you were one of those Sara Ramirez haters because she doesn't sign autographs and I thought you were being sarcastic about the Tony. I apologize, I didn't know you were a fan. I'm a huge fan of her's, so I was offended, but I misread your post. Sorry again!

Beergoggles
#23re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 5:05pm

Sara Ramirez

Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!

iluvtheatertrash
#24re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 5:21pm

Kathleen Turner. Because I said so.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Videos