pixeltracker

Little Mermaid Casting (again again)

Little Mermaid Casting (again again)

PhantomMag234
#0Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 5:18pm

Sorry about this agian but I just want to know who would you cast in the following roles in Little Mermaid:

Ariel
Prince Eric
Ursula
King Triton
Sebastion
Flounder
Scuttle
Chef Louie
Flotsum and Jetsam

I of Course would cast...

Emmy Rossum-Ariel
Andrew Samonsky-Prince Eric
Harriet Harris-Ursula
Tom Wopat-King Triton
Corey Reynolds-Sebastion
Harrison Chad-Flounder
Hunter Foster-Scuttle
John Tartgila-Chef Louie
Flotsum and Jetsam-N/A

theatreboi11
#1re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 5:28pm

So are they doing a Little Mermaid musical for Broadway? I thought Tarzan kinda bumped it off the list for Disney.

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#2re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 5:31pm

I dunno if they're still doing it, but I know Cheyenne Jackson was cast as Prince Eric and Tyler Maynard was cast as Flotsam(I think .. or Jetsam). At least for the reading.

heart.
mel
Updated On: 7/6/05 at 05:31 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#3re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 5:45pm

One request:

Celia Keenan-Bolger as Ariel. Period.

gavrochegirl
#4re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 5:52pm

If you go to Cheyenne's blog, he's got the info on the cast for the workshop. I believe Celia is Ariel, Cheyenne is Eric, Tyler Manyard and Steve Rosen are the eels, and Harrison Chad is Flounder

What the puck?!

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
Jilani
#6re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 6:16pm

I thought Ashley Brown, who sings the role of Kristen in Disney's touring revue "On the Record," did an amazing job in the songs from "The Little Mermaid" that are featured in that show (and, for that matter, with all of the "Disney heroine"-type songs). I think she'd make a great Ariel.

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#7re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 6:40pm

Emmy can't sing, so she wouldn't do well as Ariel, plus ariel also has to change expressions, a difficult task for some.

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

kombatkoala
#8re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 6:42pm

I heard Lea Salonga's name pop up a few months ago when I heard about Little Mermaid.

TheColorOfFlame
#9re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 8:10pm

Harrison Chad as Flounder!!! So incredible!

"I am the sound of distant thunder, the color of flame." CARRIE the Musical

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#10re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 9:18pm

gavroche .. it's Tyler MAYNARD. Sorry, pet peeve.

Tyler and Cheyenne .. reunited ... But doesn't that mean that Tyler should be Ariel to Cheyenne's Prince Eric?

Joking, joking.

heart.
mel
Updated On: 7/6/05 at 09:18 PM

Jimmyojimmy Profile Photo
Jimmyojimmy
#11re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 9:21pm

Born2cthelightsofbway I totally agree, Emmy is not very good at all. I mean shes cute and all but she could use some vocal-strengthening lessons, and also a sandwich.

PhantomMag234
#12re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 9:22pm

Well you see I thought Emmy did a great job in Phantom and I can totally see her singing "Part of your World" (and hopefully some other song they have planed for Ariel). As for Celia (ahem) she may have the voice for Ariel but not the look.

Jimmyojimmy
#13re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 9:24pm

I like Celia, and look at Babs, shes no prom queen and shes a legend. Plus, Celia worked as Clara in Seattle in Piazza.

EganFan2
#14re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 9:41pm

Emmy can't sing, so she wouldn't do well as Ariel, plus ariel also has to change expressions, a difficult task for some.

Ouch!
To her credit, she can sing well in her lower range. Just her higher one is very thin and weak, IMO.

PhantomMag234
#15re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 10:01pm

Here's who I would cast as the Ariel's six older sisters I know all their names

Aquata-Laruen Kennedy
Andrina-Kelli O'Hara
Arista-Mia Price
Attina-Sutton Foster
Adella-Julie Hansen
Alana-Ashely Brown

I would put O'Hara and Brown as understudies for Ariel.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#16re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 10:04pm

wuthf?? I thought Ariel was an only child!

This is my signature.

PhantomMag234
#17re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 10:08pm

She's sixteen in the movie. They always cast actresses in roles too young or too old for them.

Sarah2
#18re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 10:10pm

I personally thought Emmy was good in phantom, but that's my opinion. I still say Eden for Ariel though (she has experience with the role).

Jimmyojimmy
#19re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 10:14pm

PhantomMag234, unless there are numerous tangents in the stage show to highlight each individual sister, I doubt very very seriously that they could get Sutton and Kelli to play such small roles.

I still think Celia would be perfect, or Kelli, they both are talented and are very youthful looking, especially Celia, either of which could pull off a 16 year old.

overthemoon419 Profile Photo
overthemoon419
#20re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 10:15pm

Jenn Gambatese would be my Ariel.. her voice is just magnificent. And depending upon the direction, i would want to try to fit Rene Auberjonois in as Chef Louie, for obvious reasons re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)

And i know this is off-topic, but i was wondering if there was any rumour of Aladdin on Broadway.. i was watching it the other day in my film class (just for fun) and I thought Terry MAnn would make an unbelievably sexy, deliciously evil Jafar.

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

My avatar: Yummy, no?

Jimmyojimmy
#21re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 10:21pm

overthemoon419 I agree, I didnt think about that. I adore jenn's voice, Im listening to ASU right now.

timote316
#22re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 10:38pm

Terry Mann would be a great Jafar... but they aren't going to bring it to Broadway, at least anytime soon. There is already an Aladdin show at one of the theme parks.

Jenn Gambatese is indeed an interesting choice. I could see that working.

overthemoon419 Profile Photo
overthemoon419
#23re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 10:48pm

timote316, thanks for agreeing with me!
But anyway. Damn all the theme parks! I know i shouldn't complain because i'm going to see Terry in Lennon very very soon, but still... (there is no way for me to finish that sentence and not sound more immature than i already have) *sigh* i guess i'll just keep my Terry-as-Jafar ideas until I'm the one pulling the strings over at Disney on Broadway. =)

and yay for Jenn Gambatese!

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

My avatar: Yummy, no?

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#24re: Little Mermaid Casting (again again)
Posted: 7/6/05 at 10:57pm

"wuthf?? I thought Ariel was an only child!"
Aigoo Thats Inexcusable...Your gonna get kicked off the thread if your keep up with those kinds of shenanigans...

And...Sara Ramirez as Ursula...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

Videos