pixeltracker

NEXT TO NORMAL launches updated website (videos, sound clips, etc)

NEXT TO NORMAL launches updated website (videos, sound clips, etc)

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#1NEXT TO NORMAL launches updated website (videos, sound clips, etc)
Posted: 3/19/09 at 4:27pm

This is going to be a great recording!

There's clips from I AM THE ONE, SUPERBOY..., and I'M ALIVE.

All three sound fantastically well-produced.

EDITED: The site is totally different now with pictures, videos, etc. It's really great.

------

NextToNormal.com Updated On: 3/25/09 at 04:27 PM

WishingOnlyWounds2
#2re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 4:35pm

I'm not to impressed with the songs, it reminds me a lot more of RENT then I expected it to, and thats not a good thing.

If anything gets me to this it will be Aaron.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot
Updated On: 3/19/09 at 04:35 PM

KingKong
#2re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 4:38pm

Why is it that anytime a new show has even a remotely rock based score people think it sounds like rent?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#3re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 4:41pm

I'm not quite sure. The NEXT TO NORMAL score sounds nothing like RENT...

WishingOnlyWounds2
#4re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 4:43pm

I wanted to think of it differently, but as soon as I heard "I Am The One", I immediately thought of Roger from "RENT" playing his guitar and singing. Then when the second singer came in, it resembled "I Should Tell You/La Vie Boheme B" a little too much for me. I really did want it to sound different because I'm not a big "RENT" fan, but it just didn't.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot
Updated On: 3/19/09 at 04:43 PM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#5re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 4:43pm

Whoa new lyrics.

Can't wait for this, though.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

KingKong
#6re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 4:50pm

I wanted to think of it differently, but as soon as I heard "I Am The One", I immediately thought of Roger from "RENT" playing his guitar and singing. Then when the second singer came in, it resembled "I Should Tell You/La Vie Boheme B" a little too much for me. I really did want it to sound different because I'm not a big "RENT" fan, but it just didn't.

WEll, when you come back to reality let us all know, cause this post is clearly not based in reality.

OH, someone is playing guitar and a guy is singing, that's totes one song glory, and hey, another person is singing, OMG Its the first act finale of RENT.!!!!!!!!1111

seriously.

heo1128
#7re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 4:51pm

I think the N2N score sounds a lot more sophisticated than the RENT score...but thats just me.

KingKong
#8re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 4:55pm

Whoa new lyrics.

Can't wait for this, though.

really? I didn't think these three songs had changed.

Shannon Bo Dannon Profile Photo
Shannon Bo Dannon
#9re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 5:00pm

Wow, this sounds amazing! I can't wait to buy the recording!

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#10re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 5:03pm

Keep it up, king dong, keep it up.

Is your daugther the personal dresser for Ms. Ripley or something?

broadwaygirl99 Profile Photo
broadwaygirl99
#11re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 5:05pm

Yes I'm Alive is slighlty different.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#12re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 5:05pm

really? I didn't think these three songs had changed.

I haven't seen it since Second Stage; some of the lyrics in I'm Alive are different from when I last saw it.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Mattbrain
#13re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 5:07pm

What's still frustrating me is that we still don't have a release date or confirmation that it's gonna be a two disc recording.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

sgv123
#14re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 5:12pm

I think the digital download is April 7th.

chenothegood Profile Photo
chenothegood
#15re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 5:23pm

I am thrilled about this show! I think the songs sound great! I cant wait for the cast recording!

Spring Awakening 7.3.07!!, Wicked/ Rent 7.5.07!!, Legally Blonde 7.6.07!! The Color Purple 7.7.07!!, Gypsy 8.19.08!!, In the Heights/Wicked 8.20.08!!, The Little Mermaid 8.21.08!! Legally Blonde Tour 11.9.08!! Shrek 7.7.09!!, Blithe Spririt 7.8.09!!, 9 to 5 7.9.09!!, Next to Normal 7.10.09!!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#16re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 5:36pm

You just made me so happy!

I can't wait to see this show!

KingKong
RentBoy86
#18re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 5:47pm

Did anyone else get the mailer in the mail today? It was pretty cool with the actor's faces and stuff. I really like the ad campaign for this show. It's very hip and edgy.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#19re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 6:00pm

I loved the mailer that they sent out...

Anyway...the N2N website is terrible..They need to add things such as the cast, picture, forums, etc..!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#20re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 6:19pm

Nothing in the Next to Normal score sounds remotely like Rent.

I wanted to think of it differently, but as soon as I heard "I Am The One", I immediately thought of Roger from "RENT" playing his guitar and singing.
Also, no one in the cast plays the guitar....

WishingOnlyWounds2
#21re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 6:59pm

adamgreer and kong, it may not be meant to sound like "RENT", but to me, it does and you are in no place to tell me otherwise because it is my personal opinion. I haven't seen it and don't know what's going on in the songs but I posted what I thought of when I heard it, so, who the hell are you to tell me to "come back into reality"?

WishingOnlyWounds2
#23re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 7:05pm

"I Miss The Mountains" is very nice.

snl89
#24re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/19/09 at 7:09pm

I agree that it's nothing like RENT, musically or as a show in general, but actually I can almost what you're hearing that reminds you of the RENT OBCR, Wishing. I think it just has more to do with the way they recorded it than the music itself. They kept the instrumentals very raw and minimal, so it has a bit of that "simplistic, grittier" feel that the RENT OBCR has as well. But I assure you, the show live, and it's music, is really nothing like RENT at all :) I can't imagine anyone seeing the show and thinking it's like RENT in any way. I guess it's possible, but... I just think they're very different (both amazing and honest in their own ways, but very different)

Anyway, the recordings sound soooo good!! I cannot wait to get my hands on the whole thing <3

I freaking love. this. show. It needs to be March 27 already!!

EDIT: eeeep "I've Been"!! SO gorgeous. FLOVE that song, and it sounds so purty recorded *sigh*

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 3/19/09 at 07:09 PM

Videos