pixeltracker

The Late Joan Rivers: 'Does this urn make my ash look fat?'- Page 22

The Late Joan Rivers: 'Does this urn make my ash look fat?'

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#525God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 5:42pm

Thank God Lance Bass weighed in. Now I know how to feel.

FindingNamo
#526God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 5:53pm

I'm still laughing at "Here Lies a Disruptor. He Disrupted Poorly." On account of "lies" has two meanings in this case. Headband can't count to 11 unless he's naked! Oh! It was JUST.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#527God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 5:54pm

21 if he's wearing flip flops!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#528God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 5:56pm

God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?

Posted by The Harvey Milk Foundation, with the following message

Joan Rivers will be missed. We loved her in her rainbow outfit for Pride but loved her longtime support even more!

FindingNamo
#529God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 5:59pm

If, as the Times obit says, she was worth $290 million, then I would have to say she's definitely in some circle or other.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#530God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 6:07pm

"You have no idea as to when to STFU do you, Headband?"

This thread showed me that there are a few more people who don't know when to shut up.

I'm truly heartbroken.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#531God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 6:09pm

Namo, he can't count to 10 1/2 unless he is naked! Oh, grow up!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

FindingNamo
#532God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 6:13pm

I wish!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#533God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 6:25pm

The brilliant Michael Schulman in The New Yorker has the final work over this thread.

But you have to read to his last sentence. It says everything you don't (or won't let yourself) understand.

THE NEW YORKER: Postscript: Joan Rivers

FindingNamo
#534God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 6:40pm

I read to the last word and I don't really think that's the last word on this thread unless that's really all there is to it? "The uber-wealthy woman was nasty to people because life is sh tty?" That seems so simplistic. I mean, I understand what the article says, and I understood that was the argument that people use about Joan. But I don't think that's the whole story. I just simply do not think it's as simple as a skeletal surgically altered woman saying she publicly called Adele fat to help her is really fundamentally all about the message that life is sh tty.

I think Joan and her comedy are better served by NOT constructing a narrative with an escape hatch to hang around it.

Liza's Headband
#535God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 6:54pm

I think you're better served by leaving Joan alone and getting a life (a spouse? a family? etc. etc. the possibilities are endless...)

FindingNamo
#536God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 7:03pm

Well, at least you put question marks where you used to think you knew so much about me.

Of course you don't refer to your recent unseemly history with that issue on this board. Is that so that you can pretend you didn't make an enormous ass of yourself?

Now go post elsewhere unless you're making it your mission to bring this thread to 600 posts really quickly?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#537God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 9:13pm

Today was a difficult day for me. I took the news very hard. I just re read some of this thread again and the back and forth between Namo and Paljoey gave me a opportunity to reminisce through some of Joan's career without the saccharine taking over. Joan is one of those celebrities that I always felt a connection with throughout most of my life. Much like Liza, Bette, and one or two more in that vein . Yes I guess I am somewhat of a cliche. I still don't know how I feel about this thread. But maybe that is not a bad thing. While reading the last 2 pages or so I was looking for some closure from you Namo. Maybe in the way of a simple R.I.P. If it is indeed there or in some other thread I didn't see it. I realize that you don't owe me or anyone anything. And I do respect you for sticking to your guns. Anyway. So much loss in the last few months. And celebrities are the very least of it. Wars, beheadings, senseless killings, airplanes disappearing. .. etc. Weird times. Sad night for me.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

FindingNamo
#538God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 9:19pm

Although I know it's customary, I don't really see the point in typing RIP Joan on this message board. I tend not to do that ever for any celebrity. I also don't use euphemisms like "passed away." I do send positive regards in their time of loss to actual people I know who actually knew the people who died. So I send positive vibes to everybody who felt a connection to Joan and feel the loss acutely. Especially to PalJoey who knew Joan Rivers.

(Take THAT, Headband.)

Another thing about this thread is I watched the links which gave me exposure to later performances after I stopped tuning in to anything she did. They gave me some other ideas I'd love to discuss in this thread. And if the Headband keeps boosting this thread I won't have to dig to deep to find it.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#539God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 9:24pm

Understood.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#540God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 9:31pm

And I appreciate your positive vibes.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#541God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/5/14 at 12:18am

I love this one:

The Bianca Del Rio·
THE ONLY WOMAN, WHO SHOWED ME A GOOD TIME IN BED! Joan Rivers ?#?RIPCOMEDYGENIUS?

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#542God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/5/14 at 12:25am

And this:

Bruce Vilanch
Los Angeles, CA ·

everybody I know in show business has a story about joan because joan knew everybody in show business, and everybody not in show business has a picture of themselves with joan because she didn't mind posing with anybody who might be a member of her audience, which was pretty much everybody except maybe elizabeth taylor, who just didn't dig her for some reason. joan was fearless and unapologetic and funny, but you knew that. you maybe didn't know that, as near as I can tell, she was the first mainstream celebrity to do an AIDS fund-raiser. it was in the early 80s, before rock hudson brought the disease out of the closet. she did it because her hairdresser was sick and she was shocked that there were no systems in place to help him. people, and government, were terrified about what this thing was. not joan. now she's starring in that old joke, asking god why he took her when she was looking so good, and god replying "frankly, joanie, i didn't recognize you."

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#543God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/5/14 at 12:43am

Oh, and Harvey:

Harvey Fierstein

Truly saddened again. Joan Rivers was a wonder & a fun pal. Elaine, Robin, Betty and now Joan. What a sucky season it's been for originals.

A favorite Joan moment - I was driving into NY to meet Joan for lunch when I stopped at my mailbox to find that my friend Christopher's ashes had arrived from the crematorium. Well, I couldn't just leave them in the mailbox or in the car, so I stuck them in my backpack and away I went. When I arrived at lunch Joan said, "I hope you don't mind, but I brought along a friend." I thought she was referring to her lapdog, but then she took out a container with her husband's ashes in it saying, "Lunch for three" at which time I pulled Christopher's ashes out and said, "Make it luncheon for four!"

Adios mi amiga.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#544God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/5/14 at 12:53am

And because, well, SYLVESTER!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#545God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/5/14 at 1:02am

LOVE THAT! LOVE THAT! And that is two tons of fun aka the weather girls singing background.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#546God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/5/14 at 1:15am

And I DO love that almost everyone I know is posting pictures of themselves with Joan. She was just that accessible to her fans and never one to say "no" to them.

Celebrities pass away all the time and I never really cry because they're not people I knew personally. I cried for Robin Williams though and today I wept for Joan Rivers. I can't say she knew my name or could pick me out of a crowd, but I saw her all the time and I'm going to miss her terribly, just like I'd miss a good friend.

FindingNamo
#547God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/5/14 at 1:22am

It's really startling to see so many images of her original face all of a sudden. Like, Michael Jackson startling.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#548God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/5/14 at 1:23am

Even Ann F*CKing Rice.

===

Anne Rice
·
Joan Rivers has died. She was 81. This is such sad news for many. Joan Rivers gave me my first media break in 1976, inviting me on The Tonight Show to talk about Interview with the Vampire --- because she'd read it and liked it. I never forgot her kindness and generosity. I have always been her ardent fan. So sad now that she is gone.

FindingNamo
#549God to Joan Rivers: Whose face are you wearing?
Posted: 9/5/14 at 1:26am

The dinner party I'd love to be at: Anne Rice, Donald Wildmon, Joan Rivers, The Reagans and ME!

Videos