pixeltracker

Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)- Page 3

Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#50Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/29/10 at 11:39am

I think most of us agree the first half was great. I really thought "Toxic" had an excellent recording but the whole frenzy in the gym really was distracting.

Also did not like 'Stronger' (Not against a guy singing Britney Spears if it is done right ie 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' by Travis) or 'Hit Me Baby One More Time'. Does every episode need to end with a Rachel ballad? Lea also looked like a total amateur trying to dance and playing jailbate schoolgirl after Heather/Brittany, a professional dancer who owned it. Also enjoyed Kurt chastising Mr. Schuester.

Next episode looks much better just by virtue of the fact Puck is singing.

I don't think Britney Spears was that much of a reach, especially when they did Madonna. Circus was recent and popular, considered her comeback after the VMA debacle among other dramas.
Updated On: 9/29/10 at 11:39 AM

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#51Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/29/10 at 11:52am

The Britney episode was such a blatant case of mutual-masterbation between the Glee producers and Britney's managers, that I never warmed to the idea. Especially considering her manager started a Twitter campaign to make it happen (pretty sure Glee originally didn't have much interest), it just came across as extreme band wagoning and desperate.

I am generation-Britney, but I don't think many of my peers (musical and non, alike) would seriously cite her as an 'inspiration'. Her music is the soundtrack to our childhood and she became a running joke after her breakdown...beyond that, not a whole lot. Considering the Glee clubbers are 16, it just made the praise even more ridiculous because their generation knows Britney as the train wreck more than anything.

It's also pretty baffling how difficult Lea Michelle manages to make lip-syncing, look.

SonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
#52Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/29/10 at 11:59am

She over annunciates each word with her huge lips. It's becoming distracting.

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#53Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/29/10 at 12:06pm

"Next episode looks much better just by virtue of the fact Puck is singing."

LOL! Agreed!

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#54Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/29/10 at 2:11pm

Great episode. Heather Morris was phenomenal.

I<3bway Profile Photo
I<3bway
#55Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/29/10 at 5:35pm

She over annunciates each word with her huge lips. It's becoming distracting.

It really, really is distracting.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#56Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/29/10 at 6:27pm

That last pic is amazing.

eatlasagna
#57Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/30/10 at 12:09am

Mike Chang doesn't get a solo... but he gets duet with Tina!!!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/29/ask-ausiello-spoilers-glee-greys-30-rock/ Updated On: 9/30/10 at 12:09 AM

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#58Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/30/10 at 11:19am

LMAO! Rachel's faces during her performances have gotten worse and worse, they're almost ridiculous! LOL

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#59Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/30/10 at 11:46am

They are cringe inducing. She looks like she is constipated. It's hard to watch. I know Rachel is supposed to be VERY into what she is singing, but that can be conveyed without the constipated scrunchy face.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

snl89
#60Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/30/10 at 12:09pm

LOLOL, those pictures are amazing XD I really like Lea in general (and I think she's great at the comedy stuff), but yeah, she really does need to learn how to tone it down when performing on screen. I know it's Rachel's thing to be overdramatic and all, but getting that dramatic is kind of uncomfortable to watch

aaanyway, NEXT WEEK. Song previews!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdM2kAqDV_4

It all sounds so gooood <3

*SPOILERS*

apparently they're going to be doing flashbacks to Kurt's mom's funeral and stuff... as if the episode wasn't going to kill me enough already! haha. But I am glad to finally find out more about it- I've been wanting to know more about his mom's death for a while now

I'm just really happy that we're going to get some character development, and an actual plot again! It's going to be a really heavy episode I think, but a great one.

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

broadwayjim42
#61Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/30/10 at 2:02pm

I'd rather have heavy than what passed for an episode on Tuesday.

snl89
#62Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/30/10 at 4:29pm

Exactly! Heavy and well written with great character development and acting >>>>> lighthearted but weird and with no actual plot line

(again though, not that I minded the first 20 minutes or so of Britney/Brittany- but that's because Heather is just friggin amazing haha- nothing to do with there actually being a good plot)

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

I<3bway Profile Photo
I<3bway
#63Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/30/10 at 4:44pm

The kid who is going to play younger Kurt in the flashback is named Adam Kolkin, but he looks so much like Chris it's crazy! They could easily pass for brothers.

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#64Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 9/30/10 at 5:02pm

Omg that is adorable!!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#65Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/5/10 at 10:25pm

Am I the only one who thought this week's episode was a little on the odd side? There were some touching parts, but I found myself a little bored at times.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#66Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/5/10 at 10:32pm

I don't know. It was odd - but I also thought it was really touching. And I thought the kid looked like him while watching the show, but seeing them side by side like that? Wow! They really do look like brothers!

KFTC!!!!!

broadwayjim42
#67Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/5/10 at 10:36pm

It was at least a significant improvement over last week, but aside from "I want To Hold Your Hand," which was perfectly arranged and performed, it was overall another meh episode. One minute dead serious, the next glib and silly..I know it's always been like that, but it's not jelling like it used to.

I was glad they left Kurt a non-believer. A last minute conversion would have had me throwing the remote at the TV.
Updated On: 10/5/10 at 10:36 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#68Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/5/10 at 10:37pm

It was so damn weird. Rachel singing "Papa Can You Hear Me" to someone elses father and belting it out bedside at the hospital, while sounding great, was laughable. Also Kurt singing "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" about his Dad was more than a little, um, inappropriate.

Thank God for "I wrote a book report on heart attacks. You can give it to the doctor".

snl89
#69Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/5/10 at 10:48pm

My main issue with this week was just that, for an episode that seemed like it was lending itself to SO much great character development (especially for Kurt), they didn't go nearly as far with it as I feel like they could (and maybe should) have!

Part of it was I just had it way too built up in my head haha, but it's like... most of what I had built up, they started to touch on, they really did.

Sue's whole conversation with Emma? WHERE was that discussion for Kurt in terms of the impact that his mom dying when he was 8 years old would have had on him?? They got so close, with the "if God does exist then he's kind of a jerk" line, but instead they went down the gay path.. which I don't totally not get, but just... really, how wouldn't his mom dying come up there?

I Want To Hold Your Hand and the last scene in the hospital were fantastic, and I think if they had delved more into THAT than into a general discussion of religion (which was more or less balanced, but got a little same-ish after a while), it could have been a really amazing episode.

It felt like, instead of using the topic of faith to really delve deep into a character development that clearly lent itself to being delved into this episode, they kind of just brushed over the development and made it more about making arguments for and against religion.

That said, it still wasn't a BAD episode at all :) There were some really fantastic moments in there.

Oh and Chris Colfer is freaking amazing. The last scene got to me so. much.

OH and just one more minor qualm:
I wish they'd just kept the camera still and stopped panning during the performance parts of I Want To Hold Your Hand! haha. It was SO emotional and so good, they needed to just keep things really simple shooting wise and let the emotion speak for itself!

Updated On: 10/5/10 at 10:48 PM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#70Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/5/10 at 10:59pm

Yeah, Brittany's line about her heart attack book report had me laughing.

I kind of liked Finn singing Losing My Religion. Actually, I think that is the best he has ever sung.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#71Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/5/10 at 11:31pm

I only was able to catch the second half (but currently watching a torrent). Kurt/Chris Colfer was excellent.

I like that Kurt and Sue stood their ground and were respectful as opposed to going all antagonistic on people for their religious beliefs, and you would think that would be easy pickings for Sue Sylvester. I actually thought Finn (never a fan of his singing but he was pretty decent) suddenly getting so deep about losing his spirituality over grilled cheese was, if not more, ridiculous than the hypothetical last minute conversions people were expecting Kurt to have. But I guess that plays off the character's stupidity.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#72Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/5/10 at 11:46pm

Jordan, I think "I Want to Hold Your Hand" was appropriate. They actually set it up with the funeral story.

I am not into the guy in the wheelchair being on the football team. I know we have to suspend reality with this show but, for me, that's a bit much.

Also, I thought that "Bridge Over Troubled Water" was too short. A gospel choir would have taken that song "to the next level", so to speak. Just as I was getting into it, and tears were forming in my eyes, they ended it.

Just give the world Love.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#73Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/6/10 at 12:58am

I also liked I Want to Hold Your Hand too. Have to say, Finn and Kurt really sang great in this episode beause I don't usually care for their voices.

That is really freaky how that kid looks exactly like Chris Colfer and they are not related.

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#74Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/6/10 at 7:55am

This episode hit close to home for me. I Want To Hold Your Hand had me bawling my eyes out.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

Videos