pixeltracker

Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show- Page 3

Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show

FindingNamo
#50Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 3/31/15 at 11:32pm

I got three letters right. Mulatto is that better?

It's a JOKE! Don't PC out on me.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

javero Profile Photo
javero
#51Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 3/31/15 at 11:33pm

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#52Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 3/31/15 at 11:34pm

How can we use this moment to call him in, instead of call him out?

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#53Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 3/31/15 at 11:37pm

What upsets me is he was treated badly because he was half and half. You would think he would not be against others for religion. His show was called Born a Crime. It was a crime for his parents to get married in South Africa and he talks about the horrors he dealt with being half black and half white. Bigotry is awful. Very surprised at these remarks.

Updated On: 3/31/15 at 11:37 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#54Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 3/31/15 at 11:40pm

I don't think he really hates anyone. I think he just makes shîtty jokes.

FindingNamo
#55Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 3/31/15 at 11:46pm

Sometimes the people who experience bigotry turn out to be the biggest bigots of all. And other bromides.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#56Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 3/31/15 at 11:48pm

I knbro rite?

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#57Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 3/31/15 at 11:51pm

In her autobiography, Carol Channing revealed that she was an octoroon.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#58Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 3/31/15 at 11:53pm

This is so sad. I'm bummed. Goodnight.

FindingNamo
#59Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 3/31/15 at 11:54pm

We were all bummed when we first heard that about Carol, Corine. But life goes on.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#60Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 3/31/15 at 11:55pm

Dpn't be sad. Carol is proud of her mixed heritage.

====

TRANSCRIPTS: CNN LARRY KING LIVE

Interview With Carol Channing
Aired November 27, 2002 – 21:00 ET

KING: Lets start early in that truth. Your father was black.

CHANNING: No, he was not black. I wish I had his picture. He was — he was a — his skin was the color of mine. I don’t know maybe. Yes, it’s all right. Well any, no. My father — you read the tabloids, don’t you?

KING: No, it says in my notes your beloved father, George Channing, a newspaper editor, renowned Christian Science lecturer listed as colored on his birth certificate.

CHANNING: Yes, and the place burned down, but nobody ever knew that. But I know it. Every time I start to sing or dance, I know it, and I’m proud of it.

KING: So he was black?

CHANNING: No, He had in — there was a picture in our family album and my grandmother said — I never saw them. My grandfather was Nordic German and my grandmother was in the dark. And they said no that was — she was — and I’m so proud of it I can’t tell you. When our champion gave me that last third (UNINTELLIGIBLE) on “Hello Dolly!” Again. No white woman can do it like I did. KING: So you’re proud of your mixed heritage?

CHANNING: Very, when I found out. I was 16-years-old and my mother told me. And you know, only the reaction on me was, Gee, I got the greatest genes in show business.

KING: Some people years ago discovering that might have been disturbed by it?

CHANNING: Yes, years ago because when I found out about it, you don’t want to do that.

KING: You don’t say it.

CHANNING: You don’t say it. There’s a lot of it down South.

KING: People are ashamed of it.

CHANNING: I’d proud of it.

KING: I’m glad to hear it.

CHANNING: I really am. I mean look, what makes you, you? You don’t know. None of us knows our heritage. Not in the United States.

KING: We’re all immigrants.

CHANNING: Exactly, this is the changing face of America. I’m part of it. Isn’t it wonderful?

KING: You damn right.

CHANNING: I’m young again.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#61Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 3/31/15 at 11:59pm

It really made me see her differently. I started thinking about how she always wore white pant suits and have really white hair and it started to make sense. i think she was trying to overcompensate for her octoroon-ness.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#62Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 4/1/15 at 12:05am

She's adorable. I saw her one woman show a few years ago. So cute. I loved her film a few years back as well.

If only I could have interviewed The curvy red head teddy bear. I am sure he is not a bigot. Although, I didn't need to see him in his Beckeroo's last night.
He needs to bring back the horse. I miss the damn horse.

FindingNamo
#63Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 4/1/15 at 12:37am

Was that her show with Justin Vivian Bond?

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#64Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 4/1/15 at 12:55am

I believe it was at the Village gate before it closed. BOND is funny.

FindingNamo
#65Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 4/1/15 at 12:56am

People loved the one woman shows she did with him.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#66Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 4/1/15 at 9:03am

Like others have said, it's not so much he's offensive, his humor just seems kind of dumb..and not very funny. I haven't really enjoyed him as a correspondent on the show either.
Trevor Noah Has a Problem With Atheists, Especially Christopher Hitchens

Randyk2 Profile Photo
Randyk2
#67Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 4/1/15 at 9:13am

Not crazy about Trevor Noah, either. I am going to miss Jon Stewart....big time!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#68Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 4/1/15 at 10:34am

Y'all peoples is crayzee...

just sayin'...

FindingNamo
#69Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 4/1/15 at 4:13pm

Here's a whole entire book on forgiving awful tweets!

And Dylan quote fabricators.

Updated On: 4/1/15 at 04:13 PM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#70Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 9/30/15 at 2:24am

Just saw Trevor Noah's first two Daily Shows (from Monday and Tuesday).  SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE NEW EPS YET.  

I'm certainly someone who found his old Twitter jokes - wait for it - problematic, but I also wanted to allow him the opportunity to show that he's grown as a comic and a public figure.  While you can't put everything on one episode, I thought he was wonderful in his debut.  Incredibly charming and charismatic - and he deployed that charm in sly ways.  You can get some pretty sharp jokes (and a few groaners) in there when everyone's getting a bit distracted by your dimples.  It was a fairly lightweight episode by Daily Show standards, but I think that was probably a smart way to start.  Jordan Klepper was very funny with his on air panic attack about buying a new condo and while new correspondent Roy Wood Jr's "black people aren't going to Mars" piece might have been a bit obvious, I enjoyed his sharp delivery.  

Noah seemed to a little less assured on his second show, though he remained as charming as before.  He's almost too good looking and flirtatious by nature, though.  I wasn't sure if I was watching an interview with the founder of Tinder and Bumble or their first date. Thought the second new correspondent Desi Lydic paired very nicely with Hasan Minhaj on their home shopping antiquities of Syria bit.  

Gotta admit, I was skeptical about this guy, but I'm pretty much already won over.  If the writers and Noah can find the right balance between the sharp, sardonic Daily Show tone and Noah's cheekiness, I think this will work out very nicely.  

FindingNamo
#71Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 9/30/15 at 8:41am

I laughed through the first one.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#72Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 9/30/15 at 12:42pm

I think he did great on his first show, I didn't catch the second one. He is quite the charmer and very easy on the eyes. 

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#73Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 9/30/15 at 3:51pm

Like all hosts of talk shows, it will take him a good year before he finds his niche.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#74Trevor Noah is the new host of The Daily Show
Posted: 10/1/15 at 4:38am

I dunno if it'll take a full year - this one seems like a quick study.  

Videos