#50Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 12:20am

Tonight's Top Ten:  Outstanding!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#51Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 12:25am

Namo, I remember it happened so quickly.  It was so spontaneous.  She was so free and she was so herself!  The look on Dave's face was priceless.

Who knew it would become one of the 'classic' Letterman moments!

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#52Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 12:41am

Such a stellar final episode. What a classy guy Dave.

I have to say I'm a fan of his, but I'm disappointed Fallon didn't follow the same route as Kimmel and air a re-run.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#53Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 12:53am

Agree about Fallon.

Outstanding final episode.

FindingNamo
#54Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 1:01am

I'm thankful it wasn't a full body sob finale!  It was all kinds of perfect.  Okay, I did burst into tears in the clip when he led the toddler to the camera to say "Hi, Rachel!".

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#55Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 1:03am

Oh, Namo, I did, too.   I had a full-on laugh/cry/laugh moment.  

The photo/video montage at the end, while the Foo Fighters played, was the perfect way to wrap the show.

Updated On: 5/21/15 at 01:03 AM

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#56Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 1:13am

I'm up waaaay too late, so I'm watching the Late Late Show with James Cordon.  (very funny!)

He just made me laugh out loud with his Top Ten list honoring David Letterman saying that Letterman's 'Stupid Pet Tricks' was basically the original idea that led to YouTube, so someone somewhere owes David like 40 billion dollars!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#57Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 4:09am

"If anyone is recording this tonight, the show runs 15 minutes long.  So adjust your time.

(Hope you all don't mind that I jumped in here since I'm mostly a lurker, but this is really important!)"

Completely forgot to extend the end of my DVR recording - doh!  Ours cut off toward te end of the Foo Fighters song - the exact spot being a screenshot of Biff manhandling some shirtless looker.  Was there anything after the Foo Fighters montage?  

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#58Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 4:21am

Missed this yesterday...

Liza's Headband
#59Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 8:47am

Was there anything after the Foo Fighters montage?  

No. The montage ended when the song ended and then it slowly cross-dissolved to a still shot of David standing on the stage looking out into the audience and waving. You didn't miss anything. 

FindingNamo
#60Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 11:06am

You missed something if you really wanted to see the whole show and it seems like you did. I'm sure the ending will appear as a clip somewhere. 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#61Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 12:25pm

Was there anything after the Foo Fighters montage?  

No. The montage ended when the song ended and then it slowly cross-dissolved to a still shot of David standing on the stage looking out into the audience and waving. You didn't miss anything. 

^Well that's not true.  There were new ending credits that featured pictures of every person that worked on the show.  They rolled at least 2-3 minutes long.  Quite touching.  The show concluded with video of Harry (presumably) skiing (for some reason).

Liza's Headband
#62Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 12:53pm

They've actually done that before. Perhaps they're updated photos, but they rolled ending credits with headshots at the conclusion of a special holiday episode several years ago. 

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#63Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 2:23pm

I howled through the whole show. The most - at Andy Kaufman. Second - Dave with the kids.

My one brush with Dave- he brought his son to the theater and I was scanning tickets. He approached us with the biggest and friendliest smile you can imagine and gave us a big hello. Very different from the time Al Roker came with his son, and sullenly dragged himself to the ticket area with a disgusted look in his eyes. I know because he's about my height (5'1").

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

IAMWHATIAM Profile Photo
IAMWHATIAM
#64Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 4:06pm

Loved the show.  It was a great and fitting end. I found it totally adorable when, in the midst of it all, he had the presence of mind to introduce Harry's friend - because he said he would. That made me go awww!  

Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#65Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 6:08pm

And there goes the set….

Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman

FindingNamo
#66Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/21/15 at 7:47pm

They better load in the set for The Mentalist real fast. I assume it's some  cheapo psychic show airing in Dave's slot tonight. 

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#67Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/28/15 at 1:34pm

I liked David Letterman and was recruited once walking past the theater a very long time ago. He was fantastic.  I really wish that spot would be taken by Craig Ferguson. I miss him, his horse and his skeleton. Sniff.

FindingNamo
#68Farewell and godspeed, David Letterman
Posted: 5/28/15 at 1:37pm

What were you recruited to do?  Was he handsy with you?

Videos