pixeltracker

Poor Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?- Page 3

Poor Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#50Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 9:31am

But Roscoe! She found Jesus! She embraced the light of the Lord, who wiped her sin slate clean! She's all good to go now!

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#51Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 9:50am

Laurie Metcalf is so gonna win the Tony this year for playing her.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#52Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 9:52am

This post from Alec Mapa made me laugh:

Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#53Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 10:26am

Justice Scalia explains why Davis has no case

[I]n my view the choice for the judge who believes the death penalty to be immoral is resignation, rather than simply ignoring duly enacted, constitutional laws and sabotaging death penalty cases. He has, after all, taken an oath to apply the laws and has been given no power to supplant them with rules of his own. Of course if he feels strongly enough he can go beyond mere resignation and lead a political campaign to abolish the death penalty”and if that fails, lead a revolution. But rewrite the laws he cannot do.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 9/2/15 at 10:26 AM

Roscoe
#54Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 10:45am

Dear God -- Scalia makes sense!  WTF?

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Liza's Headband
#55Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 10:47am

He has, after all, taken an oath to apply the laws and has been given no power to supplant them with rules of his own.

Exactly! This is what I have been saying. When you are elected in any position, including county clerk, you take an oath that you shall abide by the federal laws. Those laws now include recognizing same-sex marriage. It's really not a difficult concept to grasp. No different than an employee who breaches their employment contract/agreement. I cannot believe it has gone on this long. 

Updated On: 9/2/15 at 10:47 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#56Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 11:09am

That Scalia comment is from 2002- who knows how he would feel about this particular topic today?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jordan Catalano
#57Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 11:09am

Wow. That's got hurt that stupid bitch when even Scalia tells her to man up. 

Roscoe
#58Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 11:14am

Oh right, that was back in 2002 -- no doubt Scalia would do a total about face because gays.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Jordan Catalano
#59Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 11:16am

Oh, I didn't see that it was in 2002. 

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#60Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 11:22am

I didn't notice the date either, but I assumed it wasn't specifically in regards to the Davis issue.

But even though the Justices may change their views on various issues the logic that he applies here is still sound.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#61Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 11:42am

Oh yeah, it's a totally sound (and also the valid in accordance to the law) argument.

Roscoe
#62Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 12:15pm

Yeah, but let's not forget that Scalia's a bigot, and bigotry negates sound arguments.

Liza's Headband
#63Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 1:18pm

Okay. So, by that logic, we should ignore that he ever said that. Guess you should delete it, Taz! That's too bad. Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do? 

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#64Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 4:56pm

I just saw on MSNBC that 2 or 3 other clerks in davis' office are refusing to do marriage licenses too. (See...stupidity is contagious!)  Either that or they are 'afeared fer their jobs since she's the boss.

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

FindingNamo
#65Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 6:03pm

They're not frightened.  We're setting them up for life.  They'll be kickstarted, they'll be gofunded... we keep doing this and they keep seeing how lucrative it is and yet we focus on nothing but people like this.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#66Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 6:08pm

Well, if they are found guilty of a crime, no Kickstarter for them. I believe they now have a rule for that for reasons like this.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

FindingNamo
#67Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 6:10pm

We'll see boys.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jordan Catalano
#68Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 6:16pm

The crazy christians will find a way to get her money. 

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#69Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 7:44pm

Yes they will and I think Dan Savage hit the nail precisely on the head with his rant. Book deals, speaking engagements, tours, just like she won American Idol.

We are guilty of making these ass holes Super Stars.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#70Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 3:01am

The big day is here! Let's see if the wicked witch melts when she gets her bucket of water today?

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#71Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 3:31am

papalovesmambo has unearthed the fact that Davis is an elected DEMOCRAT. I don't know if she has changed parties since finding salvation, but she has never changed it on paper. Needless to say, papa may be hospitalized for ripping something while laughing.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#72Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 4:24am

We have our crazys as well. More the exception then the rule.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#73Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 4:58am

It probably has more to do with the fact that her mother was a democrat so when Kim ran for office there was already republican challenger.

Btw, apparently the election was thisclose. Davis barely beat her competitor.

I'm not expecting much of a change after today. This is going to drag on. Her lawyers are part of an organization fighting for so called "religious freedom". They're considered vehemently anti-gay.

She'll be fined. Supporters will pay and round and round it goes.

Roscoe
#74Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 9:34am

Let's hope the judge levies a fine on her and orders her to turn over all money donated to her as well.

Videos