pixeltracker

Currently Reading (Take 2)- Page 31

Currently Reading (Take 2)

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#750re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 1/15/13 at 7:39pm

We, The Drowned by Carsten Jensen -

A Danish seafaring epic that spans over a hundred years. I am loving it so far, I can't wait to get home to read it. Best book I've read in ages.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Jim Colyer Profile Photo
Jim Colyer
#751re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 1/15/13 at 8:01pm

Reading astronomy books as always.

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#752re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 1/15/13 at 9:37pm

I read Gone Girl a couple weeks ago. It was pretty disturbing, but a great book.

KFTC!!!!!

Roscoe
#753re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 1/15/13 at 9:42pm

Reading Kafka's THE CASTLE, and finding that life really does imitate art. Amazing novel.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#754re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 1/15/13 at 11:00pm

re: Currently Reading (Take 2)

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Plum
#755re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 1/15/13 at 11:47pm

Invisible Cities, by Italo Calvino

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#756re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 1/16/13 at 10:59am

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone series) Laini Taylor.

Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#757re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 1/17/13 at 1:45pm

Finishing The Magician King by Lev Grossman (sequel to The Magicians). Even better than the fist one!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#758re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/16/13 at 2:12pm

I'm just midway through The Snow Child, by Eowyn Ivey - the reason I'm bumping this thread, because it is very good indeed. A finalist in the just-announced Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, too, so yay. Worth a look, fellow readers!

A great escape from the horrendous events of late.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 4/16/13 at 02:12 PM

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#759re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/16/13 at 3:38pm

The Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammon. I posted that I was reading this book before, but for some reason I stopped. So, I am picking it back up again. So far, it's REALLY good

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

StockardFan
#760re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/16/13 at 3:55pm

I just finished Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl author). It was really quite good.

KFTC!!!!!

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#761re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/16/13 at 4:11pm

stephen king 1963 - what a fun ride!

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#762re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/16/13 at 4:56pm

I have had the HARDEST time finding something decent to read lately :/ I'm considering re-reading Harry Potter because I can't find anything!

StockardFan - Isn't Sharp Objects something else? All of Gillian Flynn's books are so good! Dark Places is very good as well if you have not read it!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

StockardFan
#763re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/16/13 at 7:06pm

I read Dark Places too! All of her books have been great!

KFTC!!!!!

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#764re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/17/13 at 12:56pm

Of course, after I wrote that I stared The Wolf's Hour again, I get a book that I have been waiting for thru Inter-Library Loan. So down with that book and up with Doctor Who: Shada by Douglas Adams and Gareth Roberts.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#765re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/17/13 at 1:46pm

Just finishing up the newest in the Tana French series:

In the Woods
The Likeness
Faithful Place
Broken Harbor

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

JbaraFan1
#766re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/18/13 at 1:41am

Currently I'm reading Corduroy Mansions by Alexander McCall Smith.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#767re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/18/13 at 2:01am

Just started Game of Thrones. Pretty intrigued so far re: Currently Reading (Take 2)                                                   anyone here read them?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#768re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/18/13 at 3:36am

*Nobody* here has read them :P (actually I was gonna bump the TV series thread.) I love them though I think the writing can be overly dense--I've only read the first two, but since the TV series kicked in and I know how slow Martin can be as a writer, I think now I'll only read each book after the show equivalent has aired.

StockardFan
#769re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/18/13 at 5:51pm

Jbara, what is Corduroy Mansions? The title sounds intriguing.

KFTC!!!!!

Jim Colyer Profile Photo
Jim Colyer
#770re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/18/13 at 11:05pm

Astronomy books. Always astronomy!

StockardFan
#771re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/19/13 at 7:24am

I just put Corduroy Mansions on hold at the e-library. It sounds good!

KFTC!!!!!

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#772re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:52am

The Burgess Boys, the new novel by Elizabeth Stout, who won the Pulitzer a few years back for Olive Kitteridge.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#773re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/19/13 at 12:23pm

I am reading Rot and Ruin, the second in a Young Adult zombie trilogy.

JbaraFan1
#774re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 4/19/13 at 3:30pm

StockardFan, that's how I'm reading Corduroy Mansions too, as an e-library loan on my iPhone (Overdrive ap). Originally it was serialized online, 5 chapters a week for 20 weeks, and readers could comment to and ask questions of the author. Others in series, also serialized. Alexander McCall Smith has done another series of books, Scotland Street series, that were originally serialized in a Scottish newspaper. I've read all except the last two of the Scotland Street series either via library e-book or cheap used hard copies from Amazon.

McCall Smith's books, from what I've read so far, are a lot of fun to read. Lots of eccentric characters, but at same time, they seem like real people. I'd like to eventually get around to reading all his books. He's quite prolific! - http://www.alexandermccallsmith.co.uk/books/

On another thread-related note, having read, enjoyed, and been amazed by Gone Girl, I'd also like to get around to reading more of Flynn's books. (Especially after reading the comments here.)

(edit to correct verb tense)

Updated On: 4/19/13 at 03:30 PM

Videos