I Am Cait

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#75I Am Cait
Posted: 8/4/15 at 11:59pm

"The ESPYs speech indicates that that's a real possibility."

Who wrote that for her?

Okay, but... people who make speeches like that usually hire speechwriters.  I don't find that particularly damning?  

Updated On: 8/5/15 at 11:59 PM

FindingNamo
#76I Am Cait
Posted: 8/5/15 at 12:51am

"...but I've heard far more negative things about her show and her intentions than I have heard positive things. And that's mostly from other gays and transgendered people."

This reminds of of something Justin Sayre says.  "The first thing you learn from the internet is that gay people hate each other."

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#77I Am Cait
Posted: 8/5/15 at 3:24am

You can't tell that when you walk into a bar?

I guess I'm not the only one who isn't watching...

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Updated On: 8/5/15 at 03:24 AM

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#78I Am Cait
Posted: 8/5/15 at 3:54am

1.3 million viewers, considerably less than any episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians has never scored. 

That line is frightening. 

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#79I Am Cait
Posted: 8/8/15 at 8:51am

Yes, absolutely, and only someone unaware of the responsibility and gravitas of the moment would wing the speech unscripted, or pen the address alone.  And if it was written by someone who prepares the talking points for the E! show, so be it.  I was at best indifferent to everything about Jenner prior to the Sawyer interview and ESPN speech and have since seen only positives emerge. And been impressed. If all of this is still tethered to the trashy reality venue, well, the Zorba lyric comes to mine:  "...Finding it's the mud that makes the roses grow..."  

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#80I Am Cait
Posted: 8/10/15 at 10:07am

Is anyone still watching this?  My partner and I had a heated discussion last night about one of the scenes when Cait was discussing with her Trans Women friends what sex they are attracted to.

During the Diane Sawyer interview, Bruce said that he was and only is attracted to women and that the sex that you identify as is completely separate as the sex that you are attracted to.  Bruce essentially said that he would still be attracted to women no matter what.

Last night, Caitlyn seemed to be unsure of herself.  She stated that she has only been with women and has never been with a man, but that if she were to be with a man, she would want to have the right "equipment."  It seems odd that changing her gender to female would then spark her to consider being with a man.

My partner was saying to me "Isn't that something she had all worked out before she transitioned to a woman?"  I was saying that I'm sure she had some idea of how she wanted it all to work out in her head as she was transitioning, but it is possible that as you go through the transition, your mindset changes?

I know that I've been gay since a young adult and I am certain that there is nothing that could change who I am attracted to sexually.  Maybe it's different as a gay man or lesbian woman?  Maybe we will never fully understand that world of trans people unless we are trans?  It's interesting to hear all the views and discuss it, but if this makes trans people more accepted into society, I'm all for it.  Equality and acceptance for everyone.

FindingNamo
#81I Am Cait
Posted: 8/10/15 at 10:12am

I don't know if I will ever get around to watching last night's episode because of life and its brevity, but I feel as if she was real cagey with Diane Sawyer and brushed off the dating questions by saying she was old and just wanted to have friends over.

I know nothing about the Bruce transition to Caitlyn and all she went through, but I am just used to the notion that it was a certain strain of gay man who overcompensated by becoming a hyper-masculine super athlete.  But what do I know, besides nothing?

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#82I Am Cait
Posted: 8/10/15 at 10:25am

It seems odd that changing her gender to female would then spark her to consider being with a man.

It happens all the time with trans-men. I know three trans men personally who identified as lesbian before and shortly after they began their transition, started to experiment with their bisexuality. One now identifies as a gay man. The whole thing seems to be pretty complex. 

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#83I Am Cait
Posted: 8/10/15 at 10:40am

Interesting.  I only know what's in my own mind, but it's good to become educated about these things, and yes, it does seem very complex!  Thanks for the info.

Also, I came across this comment on an article about last night's episode:

"I don't think Caitlyn "is considering dating men" at all. I watched the show last night and what it looked like to me is that she made comments to "look" like she was open to it in order to fit in. It's pretty obvious that she has a crush on Candace, and once Candace asked "who here is attracted to men"? (raising her own hand), Caitlyn started hedging, and sounding more open to it. You can tell that it wasn't genuine. I don't exactly fault her for this because everyone wants to fit in, and may say things in order to not offend others from time to time, but if she wanted men, she would have tried men before the age of 65!"

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds...in a way Caitlyn is just starting over and is like a child trying to fit in instead of an established 65 year old human being.  Just throwing thoughts out there...

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#84I Am Cait
Posted: 8/10/15 at 12:59pm

It happens all the time with trans-men. I know three trans men personally who identified as lesbian before and shortly after they began their transition, started to experiment with their bisexuality. One now identifies as a gay man. The whole thing seems to be pretty complex.

I have a good friend from college who identified as a lesbian then but after transitioning now identifies as a gay man.  I find it fascinating as well.  

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#85I Am Cait
Posted: 8/11/15 at 11:07am

Isn't it most likely that Caitlyn can only imagine sex one way? And figures that if somebody else is going to provide the penis, she'll have to supply a vagina?

Repeat the above with "Bruce Jenner" in place of "Caitlyn" and you'll see what I mean.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#86I Am Cait
Posted: 8/11/15 at 11:54am

Well Caitlyn has a penis. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#87I Am Cait
Posted: 8/11/15 at 12:00pm

"Well Caitlyn has a penis. "

For now...

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#88I Am Cait
Posted: 8/11/15 at 12:07pm

Caitlyn said the penis is staying and that there's desire to have it removed  

And doesn't that mean Caitlyn is a man?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#89I Am Cait
Posted: 8/11/15 at 12:18pm

Generally, SRS isn't something they recommend doing until a year or so after taking hormones and living socially in your new identity, etc.

No, it means Bruce was always a woman with a penis.

Updated On: 8/11/15 at 12:18 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#90I Am Cait
Posted: 8/11/15 at 12:20pm

Many trans men don't have penises. 

FindingNamo
#91I Am Cait
Posted: 8/11/15 at 1:12pm

Jordan, this whole Caitlyn thing has put you in a state the tribe of Hair would call "hung up".

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#92I Am Cait
Posted: 8/11/15 at 1:15pm

I find the show fascinating. I'm a gay man, so the trans world is totally new to me, but I think it's interesting, and I'm glad it's getting the kind of exposure it is. I think that's pretty cool! 

As for her dating men or woman? Who knows. I mean, she transitioned into a woman. She looks damn good. She's probably going to get hit on, etc, so maybe that changes your mind. 

But I do agree that she seems in Candace, which is interesting considering he's into women, even though he knows she use to be a man. #complicated 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#93I Am Cait
Posted: 8/11/15 at 1:29pm

She was dancing with Candice in the audience when they attended the Culture Club show in L.A. recently.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#94I Am Cait
Posted: 8/11/15 at 3:13pm

"She's probably going to get hit on, etc, so maybe that changes your mind."

That's not how it works.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#95I Am Cait
Posted: 8/12/15 at 12:54am

Remember when this stupid tranny killed someone while texting and driving??   Ah, good times!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#96I Am Cait
Posted: 8/12/15 at 2:17am

"Remember when this stupid tranny killed someone while texting and driving??   Ah, good times!"

Sounds like you're behind the times on what terms you shouldn't use AND the police investigation of that accident.

I'll help you with the easier albeit less offensive of the two: http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/11/bruce-jenner-fatal-accident-pch-investigation-misdemeanor-kim-howe/

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#97I Am Cait
Posted: 8/12/15 at 4:01am

i go by the definition, so if he has a penis, he is still a man, and was always a man

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Liza's Headband
#98I Am Cait
Posted: 8/12/15 at 8:42am

You also believe bisexuality is a myth.... So, there's that. 

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#99I Am Cait
Posted: 8/12/15 at 10:37am

Thank you, Haterobics.  Driving With Head Up Ass is infinitely a less offensive charge than texting while driving.

Still, I wonder what the family of the deceased think of all this.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Videos