News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four- Page 57

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1400The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/15/08 at 8:52pm

Not yet, no. I'm going back in a few weeks with my younger brother when he's in town.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#1401The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/15/08 at 10:07pm

Well, I just got back from a business trip and the plane was made quite a bit more bearable with large doses of "Company" and other Raul. I've really been enjoying "Pushing Daisies" and though I'd hate to see it canceled it has such the feel of one of those small, doomed, "too good to survive" cult shows that I'm almost resigned to it. What I'm *not* resigned to, however, is having it canceled without another Raul appearance.

wonkit
#1402The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/16/08 at 1:31pm

According to Variety, it doesn't look good for Fredo. They have wrapped the first half of the season (with Raul in NY in STP), and they are waiting for a decision from ABC about the second set of episodes. The ratings have been cruelly low, so I am not terribly optimistic about this. Even if the answer is yes, will there be a window for filming after STP closes in February? I don't know the answer there.

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
#1403The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/16/08 at 1:37pm

Emcee wrote:

I'm sorry, but I can't take anything that calls this his best performance seriously. It's great, and it's showing off a side of him that I think a lot of people didn't know was there, but... no.

I have to agree. I think Raúl is simply too good for this play and the part. They should have given him Bobby The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1404The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/16/08 at 2:44pm

There is some speculation that rather than cancel Pushing Daisies outright, ABC may choose not to order a back 9 from the show, wrap Season 2 at 13 episodes, then bring it back for a third season next fall.

Of course, this would probably make things iffy for 'Fredo's reappearance, because by the time they would start filming Season 3, Raúl would (hopefully!!) be in rehearsals and the out-of-town run of Leap of Faith and thus be unavailable for filming in Los Angeles.

But I think in the long run, PD will be canceled, and soon, for the simple reason that it's terribly expensive to produce. If the economy weren't so bad then maybe ABC would be able to keep throwing money at it, but I don't think they have that luxury. The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1405The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/16/08 at 3:23pm

One more from the set of 25/8.

Uh....eeek???

The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#1406The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/16/08 at 3:48pm

Eeek is right. Um, not exactly any of their most attractive moments.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 11/16/08 at 3:52pm

Updated On: 1/24/09 at 03:52 PM

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1408The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/16/08 at 4:19pm

I'm kinda creeped out by the manic look in Raúl's eyes. Like they'd just finished filming a scene and he hadn't quite broken character yet?

I sure hope that's what it is....

And that wig... I'm speechless. Just....speechless.

spidey_882 Profile Photo
spidey_882
#1409The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/16/08 at 5:49pm

I assume the other guy is his stunt double or something?

Now, mother always said that whenever you hear a strange, frightening, and potentially life-threatening ghostly chant coming from the dark woods that there's one thing that you should do: Not wake the others and go investigate it alone...

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#1410The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/16/08 at 6:42pm

He looks like Phillip Sallon in all the pictures from that movie. I don't think I'll be able to find him scary when I keep expecting him to come out in the sack of lemons costume or a wedding dress.

The ratings have been cruelly low, so I am not terribly optimistic about this.

Well, yeah. They haven't had a new episode in weeks, and that episode was aired opposite the Obama infomercial. When the network makes it impossible to keep up and tune in, of course they're going to lose their audience.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1411The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/16/08 at 7:05pm

Yeah, that's Raúl on the left, Wes Craven in the yellow jacket, and Raúl's stunt double on the right He's got the same t-shirt and jacket as Raúl is wearing, but I think the stunt double's hair is his own!

Ultimately, I think the writer's strike killed Pushing Daisies. If they could have played out their story arcs over a full 22 episode season last year, they'd've built a solid audience and would have been in a much more comfortable, secure place to start their second season. The balance in that show is very delicate, very fragile and just not able to withstand the body blows it was dealt.

I suppose there's always a chance a cable network could pick it up, but there's not a whole lot of precedent for that, so I'm not holding my breath.

Updated On: 11/16/08 at 07:05 PM

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1412The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/16/08 at 8:56pm

Ian must have said something hysterically funny to Raúl at the Speed-The-Plow opening party:

luvtheEmcee
#1413The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/16/08 at 9:28pm

Best. Hair. Ever.

spidey_882 Profile Photo
spidey_882
#1414The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/16/08 at 9:31pm

That looks a bit more like drunk laughing than normal amusement to me.

Now, mother always said that whenever you hear a strange, frightening, and potentially life-threatening ghostly chant coming from the dark woods that there's one thing that you should do: Not wake the others and go investigate it alone...

wonkit
#1415The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/16/08 at 9:56pm

OMG - extensions!

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1416The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/16/08 at 10:58pm

Oh! I think the wig pic is a spoiler of sorts.

See, in the other pics he has short hair. And from what I've seen of the story, his scenes in the beginning of the movie (flashbacks) take place over a relatively short period of time. But one of the mysteries of the plot is did he really die 15 years ago and is it his ghost haunting/killing the kids, or is he not really dead and it's the actual person 15 years older/later, is doing the killing? If he were a ghost he wouldn't have the long hair. But if he's been a crazy person hiding for 15 years, he WOULD have long hair!

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1417The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/17/08 at 8:13pm

Found this amusing comment in a blog:

"We saw an excellent matinee performance (11/15) of "Speed-The-Plow" on Broadway, with Jeremy Piven, Raul Esparza and Elisabeth Moss. We saw the same play in London, but with Jeff Goldblum and Kevin Spacey, and I gotta say - this production was better. Even though it was a matinee, and even though the cast basically told everyone after their curtain calls that they were all incredibly hungover. (I believe Raul Esparza said something about "Beer Pong".)"

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1418The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/18/08 at 11:40am

The Los Angeles Times finally got around to reviewing Speed-The-Plow:

"...Charlie Fox (Esparza, in a performance that should by rights earn him that long-delayed Tony Award)..."

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1419The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/18/08 at 5:04pm

Video review/interview on NBC of Speed-The-Plow. Here are some pics from the interview of Raúl, looking preppy in an argyle sweater:

'Speed the Plow' Returns to Broadway With Star-Studded Cast

wonkit
#1420The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/18/08 at 5:33pm

I have never seen his eyes look so brown!

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1421The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/19/08 at 1:01pm

Does anyone know anybody who went to the Tisch School Gala Monday night? This is the only thing I've been able to find so far:

"Other highlights included Raul Esparza's compelling rendition of "Finishing the Hat" from "Sunday in the Park with George"."

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#1422The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/19/08 at 7:14pm

^^Yeah a good friend went. I'll ask him about it.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1423The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/19/08 at 7:38pm

Ohhh, thank you!

luvtheEmcee
#1424The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/19/08 at 7:41pm

Didn't Mano Felciano sing at that, too?

Videos