pixeltracker

Donald Trump's Fatal Errors- Page 8

Donald Trump's Fatal Errors

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#175Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 11:23am

My GOP congressman just posted on facebook that he is not supporting the current healthcare bill.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#176Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 2:23pm

This is maybe the worst day of Donald Trump's life.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#177Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 2:45pm

Let's wait until the vote actually happens.  He's defied any reason or logic up until now, so I'd rather not count any chickens.  Even if he does lose this, I'm sure he'll try to deflect everything onto Ryan.  If it does fail, it would be a political albatross for anyone else.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#178Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 3:23pm

The NY Times already had a story up this morning, madbrian, that that's exactly what he planned to do- throw Ryan waaaaay under the bus. 

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#179Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 3:24pm

Does anyone know what time the vote is?

Cat Guy Profile Photo
Cat Guy
#180Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 3:35pm

PalJoey said: "This is maybe the worst day of Donald Trump's life."

I remember what Rachel Maddow said the night that the Draft-Dodger-in-Chief was elected:  "I want to see what Trump does the first time he doesn't get his way."  So do I.  Perhaps today.

"

Updated On: 3/24/17 at 03:35 PM

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#181Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 3:36pm

MSNBC just reported that the bill has been pulled.  

Kristie-K2 Profile Photo
Kristie-K2
#182Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 3:44pm

FABULOUS

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#183Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 3:49pm

I guess someone finally convinced Trump that as bad is this is, and it is awful, holding a losing vote would have been catastrophic.  MSNBC was reporting they even floated the idea of entirely eliminating the essential coverages, which would have been a nightmare.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#184Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 4:26pm

As folks say down in rural North Carolina, Trump just got knocked down a butt-hole lower.  I suggest he bone up on Article 1 of the US Constitution.  Thanks to Muslim Ban #1, Muslim Ban #2, and this latest dud, the Trump brand is now tarnished in this town.  

After this weekend's news cycle, the GOP in Congress will be reluctant to utter the words "replace" and "repeal" until after mid-terms.  Ryan is already pivoting to "tax reform". 

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#185Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 4:27pm

Awww...I really wanted the vote.  Donald Trump's Fatal Errors

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#186Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 4:58pm

This is awesome.  I wonder who Trump will blame in the ridiculous tweets we all know he is going to send later.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

javero Profile Photo
javero
#187Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 5:15pm

"I wonder who Trump will blame in the ridiculous tweets we all know he is going to send later."

Short ans: Democrats in Congress and GOP Governors led by John Kasich.

4 GOP Governors Attack Trumpcare (From the Left)

mar6411
#188Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 5:21pm

In a head scratching move, he's blaming the Democrats - lack of Democratic support (??!!??!!).  He says the ACA will fail.  He'll wait for it to fail and the Democrats will come to him.  Says the losers are Pelosi and Schumer because they own ACA.

Interestingly enough, he called the Washington Post and NY Times before speaking to pool reporters and gave them his remarks first.  Two of the media outlets he has attacked the most.  

My favorite tweet.  From Senator Menendez:  Hey Republicans, don't worry, that burn is covered under the Affordable Care Act.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#189Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 5:24pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb6F6kIqlx

One for the good guys.

Stephanatic

javero Profile Photo
javero
#190Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 6:12pm

The NYTimes has the scoop on the atmosphere behind the scenes.  Bannon and Trump's interest in a vote was to compile a hit list to deal with insurgents in the House.  Full article at link below.

In Major Defeat for Trump, Push to Repeal Health Law Fails

Pootie2
#191Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 7:15pm

javero said: "The NYTimes has the scoop on the atmosphere behind the scenes.  Bannon and Trump's interest in a vote was to compile a hit list to deal with insurgents in the House.  Full article at link below.

In Major Defeat for Trump, Push to Repeal Health Law Fails

"

Loyalty TO WHO OR WHAT? For christ's sake, maybe their own constituents? The American society at large? Women in general? What the what? Instead, let's compile a "revenge" list KGB-style. F*cking god.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#192Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 9:21pm

No Pootie- THANKS G*d. I'm sure they will try to pillage, rape and loot again. President Caligula does not like not winning ( technically he didn't lose as there was no  vote) and he will make sure next time he has his repub in line.

Pootie2
#193Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 10:09pm

sabrelady said: "No Pootie- THANKS G*d. I'm sure they will try to pillage, rape and loot again. President Caligula does not like not winning ( technically he didn't lose as there was no  vote) and he will make sure next time he has his repub in line.

" (Well, yes wink )

Ugh, I saw a tweet somewhere by an ultra-conservative who said the only reason why it wouldn't pass was because it wasn't conservative enough, so watch out--the next time it'll be EVEN MORE conservative!  .....Except that cuts out a nice swathe of the middling Republicans, right? There's no logical train of thought coming from this party.

I wish there WAS a vote so everyone could witness it being crushed in public.

Hmm, but the ACA is definitely under strain, especially when for-profit insurers pull out for less-than-legitimate reasons (see: Aetna).

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#194Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 10:26pm

Supposedly they are going to introduce a bill on tax law next. Wonder what they will "fix" to benefit the richest people? 

It seems like they have a list of things they want to do and are going down it until something passes so they can claim being successful. So far, Trump is 0-3, with 2 things being the same thing. The sad thing is, these people don't seem capable of learning. It's just whatever they want with threats if they don't get their way.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#195Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/24/17 at 10:28pm

The Trump administration has all but guaranteed that ACA will fail.  By stating that they won't enforce the individual mandate, they've taken away the only teeth the bill has to balance the costly older and sick population with younger/healthier people who might otherwise choose to forego health insurance until they have an employer who pays for it.  Trump says that ACA is failing at every opportunity, and does everything in his power to make sure it happens.  And the people at risk are the people who elected him.  He's using his own constituents as a human shield.  

That said, I don't know if the White House can instruct the IRS to just ignore the law.  What mechanism is there to pretend the tax penalty for not having insurance doesn't exist?

lovepuppy
#196Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/25/17 at 5:05am

Ugh, I saw a tweet somewhere by an ultra-conservative who said the only reason why it wouldn't pass was because it wasn't conservative enough, so watch out--the next time it'll be EVEN MORE conservative!  .....Except that cuts out a nice swathe of the middling Republicans, right? There's no logical train of thought coming from this party.

Not necessarily.  You are forgetting another major piece of why this bill didn't get very far:  THE PEOPLE called their Congresspeople and threatened to vote them out if they passed this thing.  Keep calling.  Keep doing it, especially if you don't like what they come up with, next.  They work for us.  If it means the New World Order is being vigilant and making the effort and making the calls to hold their feet to the fire, so be it.  

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had the practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." --Alice in Wonderland

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#197Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/25/17 at 8:08am

I have one question. Can anyone explain to me, why it's better pull the bill and you have it voted on? We all know he didn't have enough votes but what's the advantage?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Pootie2
#198Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/25/17 at 9:18am

Marianne2 said: "Supposedly they are going to introduce a bill on tax law next. Wonder what they will "fix" to benefit the richest people? 

It seems like they have a list of things they want to do and are going down it until something passes so they can claim being successful. So far, Trump is 0-3, with 2 things being the same thing. The sad thing is, these people don't seem capable of learning. It's just whatever they want with threats if they don't get their way.

"  The Trump administration is 0-3 on: Muslim ban (#1 and #2), Mexico wall (Mexico is NOT paying for it), and Trumpcare. He also got a SEAL and a bunch of civilians killed in a botched raid in, what, week two? It's all a blur of failures now. I'm worried about the anti-Civil-Rights judge at the moment, though, and whether anything will really come from an investigation of Russian collusion run by Republicans.

Rumpelstiltskin said: "The Trump administration has all but guaranteed that ACA will fail.  By stating that they won't enforce the individual mandate, they've taken away the only teeth the bill has to balance the costly older and sick population with younger/healthier people who might otherwise choose to forego health insurance until they have an employer who pays for it.  Trump says that ACA is failing at every opportunity, and does everything in his power to make sure it happens.  And the people at risk are the people who elected him.  He's using his own constituents as a human shield.  

That said, I don't know if the White House can instruct the IRS to just ignore the law.  What mechanism is there to pretend the tax penalty for not having insurance doesn't exist?

"  Are insurance companies required to report who's covered? I don't know all the details about coverage reporting, but the tax forms themselves don't seem to require proof of coverage. As for harming his own constituents--good. They deserve to suffer for their own choices, but the downside is that everyone else has to suffer for it as well.

lovepuppy said: "Ugh, I saw a tweet somewhere by an ultra-conservative who said the only reason why it wouldn't pass was because it wasn't conservative enough, so watch out--the next time it'll be EVEN MORE conservative!  .....Except that cuts out a nice swathe of the middling Republicans, right? There's no logical train of thought coming from this party.""

Not necessarily.  You are forgetting another major piece of why this bill didn't get very far:  THE PEOPLE called their Congresspeople and threatened to vote them out if they passed this thing.  Keep calling.  Keep doing it, especially if you don't like what they come up with, next.  They work for us.  If it means the New World Order is being vigilant and making the effort and making the calls to hold their feet to the fire, so be it. 

" No, I'm not forgetting that piece. I was pointing out the ultra-conservative logical flaw (and thus they didn't care about the paid protesters and such) that somehow making a repeal bill more conservative would have allowed it to pass; it's like they forget that not all Republicans, as repugnant as the party is as a whole, are THAT extremist. Really, removing emergency care as a minimum requirement? Jesus. Indeed, let's not forget 2018.

dramamama611 said: "I have one question. Can anyone explain to me, why it's better pull the bill and you have it voted on? We all know he didn't have enough votes but what's the advantage?

"  From the Republican majority point of view, not having a vote committed to historical records means less humiliation.

Updated On: 3/25/17 at 09:18 AM

Fergalicious Profile Photo
Fergalicious
#199Donald Trump's Fatal Errors
Posted: 3/25/17 at 12:42pm

Trump tweets that he will put together a great plan once Obamacare explodes. 

But, but, but, he said what was supposed to pass on Thursday was the great plan he'd been promising us all along...

Is there all of a sudden another alternative great plan?!?!?

Denial is not a river in Egypt President Loser. What exploded on Thursday was TrumpCare not ACA!!

The debris from that fallout is all over his and his administration's faces.

He fails on just so many levels. It is truly a most beautiful thing to see.

Obama must be laughing his ass off right about now.

This and the fact that Petralicious was banned to the bowels of hell where she belonged makes this such a historic and winning week on all fronts.

LIFE IS GOOD!

Updated On: 3/25/17 at 12:42 PM

Videos