pixeltracker

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.- Page 10

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#225MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 12:07pm

Yeah, because otherwise that sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#226MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 12:14pm

Ok pj. I've been a victim. Of autocorrect myself. Thanks for clarifying

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#227MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 12:16pm

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large.  Oy.

Sometimes a Tweet can be very profound.

FindingNamo
#228MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 12:25pm

"I give you props for being consistant and bashing obama on his patriot act..."

I know you're "new" but I am long on record as hating the casual use of the word "bash" for anything other than an act of physical violence. I don't "bash" Obama, I am highly critical of him. I hated the Patriot Act long before he was president. The patriot act isn't "his."

I have not heard a single other person who was told to shelter-in-place say that they are pissed off about it. I assume because there was a constant flow of information about what was going on and examples of how dangerous the men were. Had it been "Get in your homes and don't come out again until we tell you to and we're not going to tell you why," then it would have been different.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#229MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 12:33pm

I guess that New Yorker article is what Mark Harris tweeted, "Unless you live in Boston, it's really not a good idea to write a "Boston overreacted" think piece."

Also, I knew people who went to work on Friday or still were able to do their work on Friday. I'm sure there was immense economic impact on the last week in Boston but I've heard nothing of there being incidents regarding people and businesses who made those decisions going to work who had issues with authorities.

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#230MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 3:01pm

Jaystarr worked on Friday - for those of you who know him.

KFTC!!!!!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#231MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 3:33pm

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large.  Oy.

The power of the Internet to create communication.

Messages exchanged between the people of Boston and the people of Kafranbel, Syria.

It was captioned: "We got an answer from Boston, Thanks America and Syrian people friends all over the world!"

Updated On: 4/21/13 at 03:33 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#232MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 4:01pm

I had that pix come across my FB and didn't realize what the bottom picture was. I just assumed it was 2 diff pictures from Syria.

Thanks for posting.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

FindingNamo
#233MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 5:04pm

That's my square!

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#234MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 5:17pm

It's now being reported that Tsarnaev sustained a gunshot wound to his throat- possibly self-inflicted in an attempt at suicide-, that might render him unable to ever speak.
Source: Suspected Boston bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev may have tried to kill himself

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

dramamama611
#235MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 6:30pm

Kad -- where does the article say he might never be able to speak? (I might have missed that, but didn't know if that info came from another source.)

I'm not suprised that he may have attempted suicide -- I never thought he'd allow himself to be taken alive.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#236MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 6:38pm

Sorry, I first learned of the story from Gawker, which does not cite their sources very well (in this case... not at all). This Reuters article has more info.

"Tsarnaev was shot in the throat, U.S. Senator Dan Coats, a member of the Intelligence Committee, told ABC. A source close to the investigation told Reuters he had tongue damage.

"We don't know if we'll ever be able to question the individual," Boston Mayor Thomas Menino said Sunday, also on ABC's "This Week" program."
Here

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#237MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 6:42pm

That's an odd thing to say. His not being able to speak wouldn't prevent his being questioned.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#238MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 6:50pm

I think he was talking about an oral questioning.

dramamama611
#239MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 6:50pm

Thanks for the additional info, Kad. I appreciate it.

Menino, bless his soul, is not the best speaker. Of course they will be able to inquire...it just won't be a verbal answer.

NOTE: 60 Minutes is running a piece now.

Updated On: 4/21/13 at 06:50 PM

Reginald Tresilian
#240MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 7:14pm

Yeah, he obviously meant oral questioning; but I still don't see his point.

dramamama611
#241MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 7:19pm

RE: the sixty minutes piece

Nothing new really, but interesting to hear people talk of both of the brothers.

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#242MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 7:28pm

"The surviving Boston Marathon bomber, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is awake and communicating with law enforcement officials, according to ABC News Twitter feed.

'Law enforcement sources tell@PierreTABC Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is awake and responding sporadically in writing to questions.' the network tweeted out at about 7 pm EDT."

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/04/boston-marathon-bomber-dzhokar-tsarnaev-reportedly-awake-answering-questions/

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#243MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 8:55pm

According to the Daily Mirror in England, the FBI is looking for up to 12 members of a larger "sleeper cell" that put the brothers up to the attack. If that's the case, everything starts to make more sense.

But if so, it will open up all sides in the US to whole new discussion.
Boston bombers: FBI hunting 12-strong terrorist 'sleeper cell' linked to brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: Police believe the pair were specially trained to carry out the devastating attack

Reginald Tresilian
dramamama611
#245MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 9:31pm

First: It's amazing the way information can be obtained.

Second: I'm not sure we always need to know everything.

Third: I'm exhausted.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#246MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 9:47pm

Agree.
Agree - but glad that those who DO need to know are finding it out.
Agree. Heartwrenching.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Yawper
#248MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 10:52pm

note that the AP report says nothing about a sleeper cell

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#249MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 11:05pm

"not able to talk"?Please. We do major head and neck dissections removing tumours & eroded tissue and rebuild them( the head & neck) and these patients can talk. Sometimes a bit thickly but totally intelligible. Time line- 6 wks. and that's MAJOR would need more info on the exact degree of Damage could potentially be a lot less.

Videos