pixeltracker

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.- Page 2

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#25MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:40am

They should have stayed in Russia.

....but the world goes 'round

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#26MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:40am

Oh, Jordan, don't you love faux-outrage?

The smartest thing for anyone to avoid today is Facebook. Twitter, maybe not, because one does get news updates there. But some random guy on my Facebook feed said that the suspect on the run was heading for New York. I haven't read a blessed thing about that, has anyone else? Way to scare people without citing a source, eh?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#27MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:42am

Sue isn't giving faux-outrage, she's giving made up bullshlt lies, like she always does. For poor soviet girl who's in high school she sure does have a lot of free time on school days, huh?

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#28MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:43am

I suspect he won't have an easy time getting out of the state with all the people looking for him.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Jordan Catalano
#29MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:44am

I just heard he was headed to Connecticut.

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#30MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:46am

jordan, dont play dumb, you know you said that as a knock on me. and i only ever said i was in school not HS.

some muslims, not all, in chechnya are seprarist and have been conducting terrorsm inside russia since the break up of the USSR. some of you may remember in 2002 the movie theater they took hostages in. about 900 died

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................
Updated On: 4/19/13 at 09:46 AM

Jordan Catalano
#31MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:53am

Yes, you stupid lying troll. You did say you were in high school many times. And now your outrage has switched fr you saying I was making fun of the victims to making fun of you. Did you mean that you're the real victim here?

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#32MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:54am

Alright, in all seriousness guys- take it outside. Not now.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#33MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.

And he's so distinctive looking. No way he can get far without being identified.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#34MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.

some muslims, not all, in chechnya are seprarist and have been conducting terrorsm inside russia since the break up of the USSR. some of you may remember in 2002 the movie theater they took hostages in. about 900 died

130 hostages and 40 terrorists died. If you're going to spout facts make sure they're right.

Back to other things - maybe it's counterproductive but I cannot pull myself away from the coverage. Constantly refreshing the Washington Post hoping for updates.
Background on Chechnya

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Jordan Catalano
#35MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:58am

Yeah, I'm glued to the screen as well. There goes my productivity for the day...

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#36MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:01am

I have to sit outside the president's office filling in for her assistant today. Hope I don't get in trouble.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#37MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:02am

The initial report that the two guys have been here for 10 years may have been wrong. Now it seems that they came here a year or so ago. But a Local Boston CBS report says their uncle said they've been here 10 years, that the dead one was a "loser" and that they both "deserved to die." (Thanks, Uncle Ruslan!)

The Chechens don't consider themselves Russian. They are Muslim separatists. Russia installed an oppressive puppet government, and ever since the area has been wracked with terrorism and anti-terrorism. Chechen rebels were responsible for the Moscow Theater siege in 2002, when 50 Chechen rebels too 900 theatergoers hostage. Most of the patrons died during a botched rescue.

The Chechens sided with the Nazis during World War Two, and to punish them, Stalin deported the entire population to Siberia. They were allowed to return under Khruschev. They've been kind of mad ever since.

Bombing Suspects’ Uncle: They Do Not Deserve To Live On This Earth

Updated On: 4/19/13 at 10:02 AM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#38MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:03am

Boston Marathon victims who have been released from hospitals are finding that, with the city in lockdown this morning, they cannot leave:
Boston hospitals in lockdown. Patients discharged can’t leave; others can’t come in unless via ambulance. MD’s can’t go or leave either.
— debkotz2 (@debkotz2) April 19, 2013
(Deb Kotz is a health writer for the Boston Globe and writes the Daily Dose blog.

I really feel for them right now. They just want to go home,
Marathon victims can’t leave hospitals

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#39MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:03am

It is very possible they are connected to Chechen separatists but from the sounds of it, at least with the 19 y/o, these were well assimilated suspects who have been in America for a while.

I heard he went to Cambridge R & L and the lifeguard stuff but he went to UMass Dartmouth and not Amherst which is important to note because one is more of a presence in the Boston area than the other. There was this odd AP report with the father saying the 19 y/o was a second year medical student which sounds improbable either due to confusion on the question or, and this is much worse, mistaken identity. WBZ was also talking to an uncle who basically disowned both on TV. CNN also let the supposed address of the parents of the suspects be said on national TV. What a mess.

There was also this report of Russian nationals being stopped at Niagara Falls that people were implying was connected but thus far nothing else to report there.

iflip4musicals Profile Photo
iflip4musicals
#40MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:04am

The uncle lives in Gaithersburg, MD, 30ish minutes out of DC (depending on traffic). Hoping to continue to hear that he doesn't share their sentiments! (I live in Gaithersburg)

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#41MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:06am

But a Local Boston CBS report says their uncle said they've been here 10 years, that the dead one was a "loser" and that they both "deserved to die."

Washington post is saying the same. The uncle said they got here in 2000 or 2001 but hasn't seen them since 2005 or 2006. And their father said the younger one was a second year med student.

Updated On: 4/19/13 at 10:06 AM

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#42MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:09am

The Chechens don't consider themselves Russian. They are Muslim separatists. Russia installed an oppressive puppet government, and ever since the area has been wracked with terrorism and anti-terrorism. Chechen rebels were responsible for the Moscow Theater siege in 2002, when 50 Chechen rebels too 900 theatergoers hostage. Most of the patrons died during a botched rescue.

Thank you PalJoey, thats what i was trying to say.

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#43MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:12am

130/900 isn't "most".

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#44MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:12am

these were well assimilated suspects who have been in America for a while.

Depends on what you mean by "assimilated."

"Originally from Chechnya, but living in the United States since five years, Tamerlan says: 'I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them.'

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large.  Oy.

The third suspect could be their mother, Zubeidat K. Tsarnaeva, 45, who shares an address with them and was arrested last summer for shoplifting.

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large.  Oy.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#45MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:21am

Connecticut State Police released a bulletin saying Suspect #2 might be in a grey Honda CRV with Massachusetts registration 316ES9. He might be in or on his way to CT.

Watch out, Connecticut!

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#46MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:23am

I've admittedly read more on the 19 y/o than the 26 y/o. 19 y/o was quiet but pretty social in his school; took part in school activities and received scholarships.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/former-classmates-shocked-by-boston-bombers-crimes

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#47MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:34am

I think some of the wrong info (1 year here vs here since 2001) comes from the boys themselves. Sounds like they lied to people they've only recently met.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#48MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:39am

The gray Honda has been found in Boston

Conn. State Police locate vehicle

The Connecticut State Police had put out an alert about a gray Honda CRV that may have been used by a suspect, but the police just announced that the car has been found in Boston.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#49MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:47am

Thats what 45 looks like for a Chechen?

Must have been a rough life.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Videos