News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal- Page 10

Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#225re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 4:30pm

I'm seeing it on August 25 as well (evening). Hopefully, the stage door frenzy will have calmed down by then. An audience of mostly uninformed tourists would be nice.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#226re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 4:37pm

I'll be there too, Vfd!

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#227re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 5:00pm

Any news from today's matinee?

"I'm sort of like a child genius without being a child or a genius."~Tim Rice-Oxley

Fiyero13
#228re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 5:01pm

I'll be in NYC late on the 24th to the 27th leaving only the 25th to see a show and I'm torn b/w seein Spring Awakening or Rent, I think both would be awesome, that’s why I’m having a tough time deciding

ben1986 Profile Photo
ben1986
#229re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 5:25pm

Is there a way to get sro for a friday night show before the lottery. My friend and I want to see the show but want to skip the lottery. I know in past times that they usually sell sro after the lottery but is there a way to bypass that.

~Thanks in advance

ben1986 Profile Photo
ben1986
#230re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 5:25pm

Is there a way to get sro for a friday night show before the lottery. My friend and I want to see the show but want to skip the lottery. I know in past times that they usually sell sro after the lottery but is there a way to bypass that.

~Thanks in advance

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#231re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:38pm

Wife is there now.. said crowd is electic, and show is amazing ! Adam forgot the lyrics to "Another Day", but she said it was funny-- dont know if he covered up, but anyway.....

She's lovin it !

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#232re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:49pm

Adam's first blooper...Oh, Adam. :)

"I'm sort of like a child genius without being a child or a genius."~Tim Rice-Oxley

sweetdisaster Profile Photo
sweetdisaster
#233re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:04pm

That's too bad, but not completely unexpected about the lyrics.

Saw the show last night and it was so electrifying. I went in excited, but very skeptical, and it exceeded all of my expections. The only thing I wanted to comment on was the age debate. Those two look exactly the same as they did back in 1996, especially Anthony who hasn't aged a day. I didn't see it remotely as an issue, when even I had wonder how well they'd mesh with the rest of the cast.

DEFYxGRAViTY721 Profile Photo
DEFYxGRAViTY721
#234re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:23pm

GuitarGirl- I was at today's matinee. I'll post a detailed review and stage door news in like 10 minutes. But in short, Adam and Anthony were FANTASTIC. Everyone was. This is probably the best cast RENT has ever seen. As for the stage door, I literally have scars on my arms and lost quite a few chunks of hair (yeah, people are the vicious). There were baricades though, which settled things down a litte.

I'll be back with a review shortly!

misschung
#235re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:28pm

they should just have those three cops from the show come out in their costumes

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

another_reprise Profile Photo
another_reprise
#236re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:30pm

Those stage door pictures absolutely terrify me.
I don't know how Adam was able to smile when people are shoving him around and waving playbills in his face. Good lord, they must have the patience of saints to put up with that several times a week.
That can't be a pleasant (or safe) experience for anyone. Hopefully a better system will be set up by Monday when I go, if not... o well, there's no way I'm going to put up with that.

Does the sun really rise in the east?
Does the earth really spin around the sun?
What's it matter in the least?
What's real to me ain't real to everyone.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#237re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:32pm

not pleasant or safe but good for their egos, lol!

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

misschung
#238re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:37pm

I couldn't even see poor Anthony - all I could see of Tamyra was her hair, lol. From what I've heard and witnessed myself, Anthony seems fairly patient in waiting and signing for people. You know it was bad if he had to book it after 10 minutes like that.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I feel like people who are going to see the show now almost expect that meeting them is part of the "Adam and Anthony Return Package," you know?

I can't believe Adam messed up Another Day, he's so funny

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

another_reprise
#238re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:37pm

haha, well I guess it's not a total loss then :)

DougieYero Profile Photo
DougieYero
#240re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:40pm

Agree with everyone about the stage door situation... I just got caught up on reading this whole thread..

Makes me sad though. I'm a big fan of both Adam and Anthony, and my best friend and I are going up to see the show next Wednesday night, neither of us have seen them live, and we both want to meet them at the stage door..

but uh... I value my life, and I'd rather not get caught up in that crowd = heh.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#241re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:43pm

Best advice if it is that important to you....leave during curtain calls. That is the only way I see being able to secure a spot close to the barricade.

misschung
#242re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:46pm

You're right. My friend suggested the same thing. The problem on Monday night was that I had no idea where they would be exiting from. I didn't know which set of doors they usually come out. Maybe I'll try that next time.

#243re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:01pm

Which set of doors do they come out?

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#244re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:13pm

The one in the SOL mural with Adam on it. You will see the barricades as soon as you exit the theater that day/night, have no fear.

DEFYxGRAViTY721 Profile Photo
DEFYxGRAViTY721
#245re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:16pm

alright I'm back with my review for today's matinee and more news about todays deathtrap-- erm... i mean, stagedoor.
THIS IS VERY LONG so brace yourselves.

So, Adam and Anthony... AMAZING. It's been said before and I'll say it again, Adam has become and actor ladies and gentlemen. He was wonderful not only in singing but he can actually act and he threw in some fun small things that stayed with me through the whole show (ex. his little dance during "I'm Roger")But his performance was impecible. He exceeded my already high expectations.

Anthony was amazing also. I promised myself I wouldn't be like the fangirls and "woo" at everything he did, but i couldn't help but to"woo!" after Tango: Maureen. He was so cute and crazy and just had so much fun with it. I love Anthony. He's amazing. End of story.

Tamyra Gray was wonderful as Mimi. I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't completely sold after her "Light my Candle" but after "Out Tonight" I was totally impressed. She nailed it. She did though, fall down the stairs during Out Tonight, but caught herself half way down and played it off really way. I don't think many people notcied. But, she was wonderful. The way she played her part in "Goodbye Love" was so heartwrenching. The best I've seen.

Troy Horne as Collins was nothing special until his "I'll Cover You reprise". He was AMAZING during that song.

I liked D'MOnroe as Benny, although I can't give a specific reason why. He was just so comfortable in the role, never slipped out of character.

Justin Johnston is my hero. I love him. Everything he did was perfect. He was so adorable and loveable, IMO the best Angel there's been in a while.

I didn't like Nicolette Hart as Maureen at all. I felt her voice was shreiky and whiny and she was trying way to hard for a laugh. I however LOVED Merle Dandridge as Joanne. She was wonderful. Her and Anthony had such amazing chemisrty during Tango: Maureen and her voice is just... wow.

Now as for the stage door, I thought it would be a little quieter considering it was a matinee. I couldn't have been more wrong. It was INSANE. I left during curtain call to get a good place at the barricades (yes, thankfully there were barricades) and wound up in the second row, which I thought would be great. Well besides the really obnoxious lady in front of me who didn't even see the show or have anything for them to sign who just stood there showing off how much she knew about rent to anyone who would listen (and even some that wouldn't) I had the enitre crowd pushing me forward. When Anthony came out there were screams from every direction and suddenly playbills were being jammed past my face towards him leaving me with 3 papercuts on my face. All the pushing also left me with 2 scars on my arms (i think from someones nails or something sharp on someones purse) and 5 bruises on my legs from getting kicked, also a few pieces of hair gone (yes, someone pulled my hair.) but aside from all the painful maddness, Anthony was such a sweetheart. He was outside signing for literally 45 minutes. I got pictures of him and a picture with him. Plus, he was willing to talk to people. He didn't just blow everyone off. There was a girl spralwed across the hood of their getaway car trying to reach for an autograph. Thats how crazy it was. But he was gracious and made sure everyone got what they wanted. Tamyra Gray was also a sweetie. She didn't stay out as long as Anthony, but she did climb onto the car to sign autographs of the people behind it. I was kinda upset that Adam didn't come out at all, but I really can't blame him for not wanting to go through the craziness. Some fangirls behind me started a chant to get him out, but he stayed in.

Overall it was an amazing experience. And if you're planning on stage dooring... do it. The bruises will heal, and after all the pushing and shoving and pulling and kicking, there's nothing like being face to face with Anthony Rapp. I'm still not down from my Rent high.
Phew, that was long. Sorry!

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#246re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:16pm

Jesse L Martin was there tonight, along with Gwen Stewart.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#247re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:19pm

i was wondering when we were going to see some of the OBC come visit.

Wow, Defy, that is crazy!!!!

another_reprise
#248re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:25pm

Gah, I can't decide if I want to meet them badly enough to deal with battle scars... oh what to do? Plus I have my mom with me and I can't see her willing to put up with that, she doesn't even know who Adam and Anthony are.

Rock---> me <--- Hard place

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#249re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:27pm

Just go with the flow and see how things look that night.

Videos