pixeltracker

Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage- Page 12

Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#275Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/30/18 at 11:06am

I think BKLYN summed it up well.

Apropos of nothing, since Loeffelholz hadn’t performed the role since February, aside from the vacation Mary Sunshine they brought in over the summer, did anyone else play it, or did R. Lowe never call out?

FJL2
#276Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/30/18 at 11:06am

To BKLYN8567 you mentioned you just found this chat area after Jeff died, and seem so passionate.  Did you know him or any of the "Chicago" people?  

For me, I admit I didn't know his name except as a name in a Playbill.  I feel so sad to know his name only because of this tragedy.  I hope if the facts are near to what's been conveyed, his survivors  get money, to potentially  set up a scholarship or anything they feel will perpetuate his name at least for what shoujlkd have been his lifetime.   

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#277Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/30/18 at 11:08am

Tennis Fan said: "Thanks. Did it specify what kind of alcohol/pills?"

Tacky. And frankly unimportant and none of our business.

FJL2
#278Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/30/18 at 11:10am

We agree on this, HogansHero.  

And also, why piut out into the world a combination that actually "works" for this.  There may be others who feel despair and might think yes, that's a combo that works.  Sorry to be morbid, but its better not to let the world know exactly, IMHO. 

geoffreyC
#279Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/30/18 at 1:04pm

Broadway sounds brutal.  I was yelled at on stage in a college production once and never forgot it (although I did screw up).  

BKLYN8567
#280Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/31/18 at 10:34am

FJL2 said: "To BKLYN8567 you mentioned you just found this chat area after Jeff died, and seem so passionate. Did you know him or any of the "Chicago" people?

For me, I admit I didn't know his name except as a name in a Playbill. I feel so sad to know his name onlybecause ofthis tragedy. I hope if the facts are near to what's been conveyed, his survivorsget money, to potentiallyset upa scholarship or anything they feel will perpetuate his name at least for what shoujlkd have been his lifetime.

"

FJL2 - No I don't know any of the people involved, other than having seen Chicago some years back, I have no connection to anyone. It was an interesting article that caught my eye, however, the more I looked online for details (and read comments on message boards and social media), I started feeling a bit...weird about it. Very little information had been provided, and was really one-sided for the longest time, yet a lot of people were ready to raise their pitch forks against the director and the musical director.

When the NY post article came out, many quickly dismissed it as something put out by the producers or the director (or his people). But now, the NY times article corroborates some of the information mentioned in the NY post.

And when you add that relevant information (such as family history of suicide and other financial stressors, two key factors cited by many medical studies/research on suicide) were withheld on the blog,..

I know Mosaic posted a reply, and I don't think anyone is accusing him of withholding information.

Let's face it, most people aren't going to read message boards to get all the details about this. What most people will see, and have seen, is the justice for jeffrey blog that has been linked and shared all over social media.

And no, most people aren't going to go the extra distance to do an online search to find "dirt" on Jeff or the partner. I've been interested in this thing from when i first read the blog, and I surely didn't do a search or find out about the chocolate store until the NY Times article.

The blog did a really really good job of painting Walter Bobbie in terrible fashion, even though reports since has pointed more of the issues at Chicago towards Stifleman instead of Bobbie (after all, he really isn't around much anymore).

Playing devil's advocate here: what if there was no "wink wink" here of trying to push Jeff out? 

Does Walter Bobbie's reputation recover after this incident? Does he feel guilt for, what perhaps he thought was doing his job, causing the death of a performer? The 1st one isn't too bad, since it sounds like he's made enough money off Chicago so he can probably retire with comfort, but the 2nd one? That's probably going to stick with you for awhile, if not ever.

Eventually the investigation will finish up and there will probably more details to come out. But in the court of public opinion (especially in this day and age of social media) both Bobbie and Stifleman have already been deemed guilty by most. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#281Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/31/18 at 10:59am

I think we've pretty much said everythng that can be said based on what we (now) know, but to the last, let me say, re Bobbie, that (a) he is 72 and does not need a "career" [and even if, somehow, his Chicago weekly checks stopped] and (b) I doubt that he has spent enough time around the show to generate a huge number of "stories." Usually, directors might come in a couple times a year to check up on things, often just watching performances and then giving the stage manager notes if required. By contrast the MD was there virtually every day for thousands of days and directly interacted with the company on each one of them.

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#282Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/31/18 at 2:56pm

Tennis Fan said: "Thanks. Did it specify what kind of alcohol/pills?"

When reporting a suicide, you are not supposed to really talk about the methods used to accomplish it. It encourages copycat suicides and is triggering for people who struggle with the issues. Of course this is common courtesy when reporting on the touchy subject, though not a set rule or law.

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#283Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 8/1/18 at 3:06am

I don't know if it's facebook's algorithms because I have been reading up on this a lot as of late or not but... has anyone else been suddenly getting a MASSIVE influx of advertising for Chicago on their FB page? I can't tell if it was always there before and it's just kicking in now since I have viewed a number of things in regards to this story as of late or.... are the producers of this trying to suddenly and massively up the advertising as much as possible? Since this story broke I went from no Chicago ads hitting me (lots of Book of Mormon ads through) to like 3-5 sponsored ads a day on my feed. It just seems like very odd timing to try and draw attention to your show.

MosaicOwl
#284Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 8/1/18 at 12:57pm

Scarlet Leigh said: "I don't know if it's facebook's algorithms because I have been reading up on this a lot as of late or not but... has anyone else been suddenly getting a MASSIVE influx of advertising for Chicago on their FB page? I can't tell if it was always there before and it's just kicking in now since I have viewed a number of things in regards to this story as of late or.... are the producers of this trying to suddenly and massively up the advertising as much as possible? Since this story broke I went from no Chicago ads hitting me (lots of Book of Mormon ads through) to like 3-5 sponsored ads a day on my feed. It just seems like very odd timing to try and draw attention to your show."

Hate to get off topic...

When you agree to Facebook's terms of use I'm pretty sure you agree to let them use your device's camera, internal functions, microphone, etc for data collecting purposes. They use all of the information gathered by looking at what you are doing on the internet, what your camera is pointed at, what you are saying or anything else heard through your device's microphone, and other methods. It's pretty creepy. As just one of many examples, I once was talking to my spouse about a specific brand of buffalo wing sauce (only talking) and the very next day there was an advertisement for it in the top of my Facebook news feed. I had never seen an advertisement for it before. Once you start noticing it, you will notice it happens so, so often.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#285Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 8/1/18 at 1:05pm

MosaicOwl said: "Scarlet Leigh said: "I don't know if it's facebook's algorithms because I have been reading up on this a lot as of late or not but... has anyone else been suddenly getting a MASSIVE influx of advertising for Chicago on their FB page? I can't tell if it was always there before and it's just kicking in now since I have viewed a number of things in regards to this story as of late or.... are the producers of this trying to suddenly and massively up the advertising as much as possible? Since this story broke I went from no Chicago ads hitting me (lots of Book of Mormon ads through) to like 3-5 sponsored ads a day on my feed. It just seems like very odd timing to try and draw attention to your show."

Hate to get off topic...

When you agree to Facebook's terms of use I'm pretty sure you agree to let them use your device's camera, internal functions, microphone, etc for data collecting purposes. They use all of the information gathered by looking at what you are doing on the internet, what your camera is pointed at, what you are saying or anything else heard through your device's microphone, and other methods. It's pretty creepy. As just one of many examples, I once was talking to my spouse about a specific brand of buffalo wing sauce (only talking) and the very next day there was an advertisement for it in the top of my Facebook news feed. I had never seen an advertisement for it before. Once you start noticing it, you will notice it happens so, so often.

"

Lol.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

trpguyy
#286Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 8/1/18 at 1:31pm

MosaicOwl said: "When you agree to Facebook's terms of use I'm pretty sure you agree to let them use your device's camera, internal functions, microphone, etc for data collecting purposes. They use all of the information gathered by looking at what you are doing on the internet, what your camera is pointed at, what you are saying or anything else heard through your device's microphone, and other methods."

That's not true.

https://www.wired.com/story/facebooks-listening-smartphone-microphone/

MosaicOwl
#287Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 8/1/18 at 1:40pm

trpguyy said: "MosaicOwl said: "When you agree to Facebook's terms of use I'm pretty sure you agree to let them use your device's camera, internal functions, microphone, etc for data collecting purposes. They use all of the information gathered by looking at what you are doing on the internet, what your camera is pointed at, what you are saying or anything else heard through your device's microphone, and other methods."

That's not true.

https://www.wired.com/story/facebooks-listening-smartphone-microphone/
"

Well that's reassuring at least.

#288Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 8/1/18 at 2:14pm

The only reason I asked for specifics is because a misconception exists that an alcohol/pills combo is a gentle way to go out. Actually, it can be quite violent. It should be common knowledge suicide is caused by untreated depression. 

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#289Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 9/17/18 at 8:01pm

Any updates as to the investigations that were underway?

Videos