pixeltracker

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration- Page 13

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#300Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:46pm

I didn’t even see her name listed until just now so I’m sure that’s what it is. Which will just make me even sadder I won’t be seeing them this summer.

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#301Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:47pm

I'd love a "There's Always Home" duet

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Falsettolands
#303Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:49pm

slightly off topic, but has their been a production of Pacific Overtures that's cast a female identifying actor as The Reciter?

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
imeldasturn
#305Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:51pm

I always forget what a monumental piece of music this song is

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#306Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:51pm

"The Boy From" was the BEST! 

I roared @ her vocal bits in the bridge (oooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh) and especially her bit with the accompanist on the line "I... wish I understood Spanish", where the accompanist pounded the correct pitch for the word "I"! laugh

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#307Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:52pm

"Someone in a Tree" was beautiful and a pleasant surprise.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#308Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

“Someone In A Tree” is such a brilliant composition.

neeGallagher
#309Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

Assuming Patti is doing The Ladies Who Lunch. I would've loved to hear her do By The Sea, but it's been done and since she's "currently" in Company, it's going to be TLWL? I associate Bernadette with ITW but that show has been done to death tonight. Also several of the songs she sang on a live album have been done already. What's left for Bernadette?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#310Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:53pm

“Someone in a Tree” is Sondheim’s favorite song of his so I’m happy they were able to make such a great video of this.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#311Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:55pm

This is a great rendition of “Someone in a Tree.” I’m so glad it was included in this tribute.

Falsettolands
#312Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

Ann's voice adds a really nice, sweet touch to this song.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#314Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

DAMN we need a Pacific Overtures revival!

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#315Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:56pm

Last one was...eh. Can’t imagine we’ll have another soon.

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#316Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:57pm

neeGallagher said: "What's left for Bernadette?"

"Not A Day Goes By" from Merrily... ?

nmlhats
#317Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:57pm

I bet they could sell a LOT of copies if they made a CD and/or DVD of all these performances, and thereby raise some more money for ASTEP.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#318Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:58pm

I only just recently discovered "The Boy From..." so damn happy Lavin got to sing it! She was hilarious!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#319Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:59pm

I can't imagine they will miss Send in the Clowns so who will do it?

Bernie Meryl or????

Updated On: 4/26/20 at 10:59 PM

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#320Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:59pm

nmlhats said: "I bet they could sell a LOT of copies if they made a CD and/or DVD of all these performances, and thereby raise some more money for ASTEP."

I was just thinking how much I would like to have studio recordings of some of these performances.

imeldasturn
#321Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 11:00pm

I think the former (remaining) "Ladies in Red" will do the songs they did ten years ago, with maybe Meryl doing I'm Still Here and Donna doing Losing My Mind, like she did for the 75th birthday concert in 2005

neeGallagher
Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#323Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

“Stop trying to make fetch, I mean Prim Rose Hill Happen”

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#324Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

“Stop trying to make fetch, I mean Prim Rose Hill Happen”

Videos