pixeltracker

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread- Page 15

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#350Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 12:33pm

"I think I'm just frustrated that we - the paying audience - have to do all of the work when something like this happens."

I'm not sure if any of you are aware, but JCM - despite his spectacular depiction of the role - isn't the hottest ticket in town. If you check any future performance date between now and the end of his run, there are plenty of seats available. Sure - it's a slow month or two for Broadway but the grosses are no better now than they were two months ago. This is not the sold-out smash that it was last Spring with NPH in it, unfortunately. And unfortunately for all the die-hard theater/JCM fans who want to see his legendary performance will miss out this week. What else do you expect the producers of the show to do at this time? He is performing one of the most demanding roles on Broadway in a leg brace and crutches for chr*st-sake!!!

I understand the disappointment, especially for the folks who are traveling from out of town who have booked flights, hotels, etc. - but to blame the production is just silly. Would you have rather them cancel an entire week of performances? Or bring back one of the acclaimed performers who smashed this role during his run just a few months ago. I think its fantastic and admirable that MCH agreed to come back to fill in. Accidents happen, and this just so happens to be a very unfortunate one due to timing, etc. This could have happened to any Hedwig, at any time during the run of this production. Knock on wood.

For those who ARE able to make it back, though - check Telecharge. There are plenty of great seats available for the remainder of JCM's run. We should be so lucky that he is returning at all after an injury like that.

Updated On: 2/12/15 at 12:33 PM

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#351Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 12:42pm

I think the production is making a great decision, JMC is doing the best thing for his health, and it's indeed gracious and professional of MCH to take up the mantel for the week. It's just unfortunate for those of us who live out-of-town and cannot exchange tickets. Like I said, that's live theater for you. And MCH is FANTASTIC in the role and worth seeing!

jen_in_toronto
#352Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 1:51pm

Who is blaming the production though? I just see expressions of frustration and disappointment, and that's ok. I'm sure everyone wishes JCM well and wants him back on his feet...Stephen Trask referred to the next few shows as "pre-op" so it sounds pretty serious.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#353Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 2:04pm

Could he possibly be having surgery and be back on his feet in 10 days?

paphillyguy
#354Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 2:04pm

I saw his first KNEECAP show and I thought it was great to see this version but I was disappointed that I did not get to see the original staging as I did with NPH and MCH. I am fortunate enough to be able to get to NYC easily for a night and have the funds to see it again so I did book for mid April with hopes to see it with JCM in full staging.

Regarding the term Pre OP I think it is a play on the transgender theme and not that JCM is actually having knee surgery because if that is the case there is no way he will be back in full on Feb 24.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#355Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 2:07pm

Sure my wife would be happy with an injured JCM sitting in a chair, we're scrambling down here, already coughed up for her to see Dexter.

Stephanatic

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#356Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 2:52pm

So Trask just deleted his tweet and then reposted it without the "pre-op" comment.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#357Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 2:56pm

His name is Michael C. Hall, not Dexter. He is a brilliant actor who is doing the producers a favor. They could have just shut down the show.

Stuff happens in live theater people.

South Florida
#358Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 3:17pm

Yeah, he is great and the Mrs. loves the show, we're dealing. That was so rude, Sorry MCH.

Stephanatic

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#359Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 3:19pm

Stuff happens in dead theatre people, too. Like rigor mortis.

Tking0012
#360Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 3:21pm

I have a feeling JCM will extend again to make up for his missed week if he is healthy enough.

South Florida
#361Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 3:30pm

Thank you Michael C. Hall. I hear you're awesome.

Stephanatic

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#362Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 3:30pm

Telecharge was very gracious and amenable with exchanges for the coming week. I ended up getting new tickets for (what is currently) his farewell performance.

I wonder if they'll change any of the marquee/Playbill/advertising for the week?

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Sutton Ross
#363Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 3:33pm

He IS South Florida, he really is. Enjoy the show.

South Florida
#364Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 3:35pm

Might have to tie a JCM with a Fun Home, nothing is gonna stop me now.

Stephanatic

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#365Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 5:08pm

So, HERE'S a story for you all...

I was supposed to see JCM at 10PM 2 Saturdays ago; however my husband got sick (again!!!) and we had to cancel. I was polite about it, but my Hedwig obsession made me want to hit a screaming note higher than Lena Hall!!!

We rescheduled for last Saturday, the 10PM show. As you now know, JCM canceled THAT NIGHT due to his injury.

So we had to reschedule AGAIN!!! This time, we booked tickets for the 10PM show on February 21st. I was all ready to get my JCM on until I found out last night that he won't be back until the performance AFTER mine.

I AM SO MAD!! I've booked tickets now for the March 7th show at 10PM, but honestly, I just want to throw in the towel.

That, or divorce my husband!!!! I'm so upset now. I just want to see JCM!!

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

Sutton Ross
BenjaminNicholas2 Profile Photo
BenjaminNicholas2
#367Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 7:05pm

I was also one of the cancelled 10pm show-goers. It happens and they processed the refund quickly. Went back to the BO the next day, quick and painless.

Flying back in early April to give it another shot. Hopefully JCM is in fine shape. As an added bonus, I snagged tickets to LuPone's show at 54.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#368Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 11:52pm

Well, it seems he's definitely having surgery. I think the production is being quiet about it (hence Trask's earlier deleted tweet) but Amanda Palmer just told everyone via Instagram that her buddy JCM is having surgery on his knee next week. Don't know how he comes back from that in 10 days.

Sutton Ross
#369Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 11:55pm

^ You don't. Old bones take a lot longer to heal. He's probably done for awhile.

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#370Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/13/15 at 12:05am

saw this show tonight. he certainly is a trooper. it was my first exposure to the show, and i'm not sure what was improvised or not, but he put on a heck of a show. the improvs with "crate" worked and i didn't mind whatever restaging was done. he never even grimaced, he plowed through with such force, but by the end, he was physically lifting his leg by the brace to move it around. must've hurt like hell. in any case, i am so grateful i saw him.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#371Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/13/15 at 12:13am

I hope he doesn't make whatever injury he has worse

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#372Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/13/15 at 11:51pm

I was there tonight, and JCM was marvelous, despite his injury (by an unknown assailant wearing a Billy Porter mask at the Chelsea Dress Barn). Yitzhak changed the introduction: "Despite her enemies, I present Hedwig!"

I won the 7pm lottery - only about 20 people or so even showed up for the lottery! Our tickets were N9 and N11, good orchestra seats. Sugar Daddy suffered the most as far as the choreography - Hedwig carwashes Yitzhak onstage, and then drags audience members onstage after. JCM adlibbed all over the place - "You're seeing the original cast...it's like Young Frankenstein, isn't it?"

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#373Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/13/15 at 11:54pm

And Mac, I'm with you, hopefully seeing MCH next week! I'm gonna try the lottery next Saturday. If I can catch him , then I'll only have missed Rannells.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#374Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/14/15 at 12:39pm

How does JCM handle going into the hood of the car for the costume change? I think that's where he hurt his knee originally. What a trooper! I do hope the surgery goes well. If it's for something relatively minor, like torn cartilage, he might be good to go in a week. But if it's anything more, like a torn ACL (I hope not!), he'll be down for the count for much longer than that. Maybe I shouldn't say this under the circumstances, but break a leg, MCH! Thanks for coming to the rescue! I'll be there to cheer you on!

Videos