pixeltracker

The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)- Page 17

The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

Ed_Mottershead
#400re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/7/08 at 8:42pm

There's a new season to deal with and many shows are opening. The Xanandu thread isn't as much in high gear because the basics have been said over and over. I don't think it's an indicator of disinterest in the show and as points of interest arise, I think people will be commenting again. I know I'm going back this coming Saturday night (my 14th time) -- and it's a great show to see if you've seen something heavier in the afternoon (I'm doing Equus).

BroadwayEd

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#401re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/7/08 at 8:46pm

Yeah, actually I just got into the show yesterday, so maybe there are other people out there who have not seen it yet.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#402re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/13/08 at 12:27am

So instead of starting a new thread I thought I would just add to this one...

Today my mom and I took my 11 year old brother into the city for the first time and after laboring over what show he might enjoy I went with Xanadu and we ended up with stage seats. It was so much fun! I had only seen the show once last year so I was definitley ready for another viewing. We had a ball and I couldn't be happier with how much my brother and mom enjoyed the show. And I'll tell you Jackie Hoffman had a ball playing around with my brother. She stood right in back of him staring for at least ten seconds and also offered him popcorn at one point.

Anyways, I just thought I'd share another great Xanadu experience and I'm glad this was my brother's first Broadway show.

Parks
#403re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/13/08 at 12:29am

hahaha, that's awesome alicia!

This is my first time posting in this thread--I would just like to say that I am DEFINITELY a part of the Fanadu club. I'm a little obsessed with the show. It's my baby.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#404re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/13/08 at 11:35am

Hey all! I was back at The Du for # 26 yesterday and was soooo happy that EVERYBODY was there (in their original roles) and in fine form. Jackie was back channeling Joan Rivers in her "Am I the only one who gets it" improv, and funny as hell re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

In other news, Curtis is leaving (last performance on Sunday) to vacation with Patti and then off to start rehearsals for WEST SIDE STORY. Huzzah & we love you Curtis! Kerry reminded me she will be at BROADWAY ON BROADWAY tomorrow, and Cheyenne reiterated they'll ALL be there. I hope I can make it, and that it's not ridiculously crowded.

The show is as fabulous as ever. I can't believe I haven't gotten bored with it yet. I have to come back for # 27 soon.
You all "must gaiooooo!" re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)
Updated On: 9/13/08 at 11:35 AM

Shapusen Profile Photo
Shapusen
#405re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/13/08 at 12:57pm

Today is Amy's Birthday and since we couldn't do the 'Du this weekend, we had our very own Surprise Xanadu (Slash FUTURISTIC) Birthday Party Last Night!!

THE CAKE! From Norn's Kira Picture!

re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#406re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/13/08 at 1:51pm

Aww, that's cute. :) Looks like you had fun.

And it is officially one week since I was there and got "thonged" by Mary Testa. LOL!

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

BNN
#407re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/13/08 at 2:12pm

What kind of stuff did the Xanadu table have at the flea market, because that is going to be my first stop next weekend and I plan on buying everything.

Tick Tock

tourboi
#408re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/13/08 at 2:17pm

For those that have gone this week, how have the houses looked?

I'm curious to see the post-Whoopi grosses.

And that cake is just tooooo cute! Love it! :)

jeffrey1dog
#409re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/13/08 at 7:40pm

Happy Birthday Amy re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
That cake looks fab with Norn's design. I <3 Norn. He made my EVIL WOMAN tee shirt *looks to the left*

I couldn't see the balcony last night but I'd say the orch was 95% full.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#410re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/14/08 at 8:02am

I was at the matinee yesterday and the whole theater looked pretty full.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Midnight Radio
#411re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/14/08 at 10:25am

That cake looks great!

Number 40 for me this afternoon and I am sad to see Curtis go, yet again. Is this also Kate's last day?

jeffrey1dog
#412re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/14/08 at 10:53am

I wanted to know about Kate too. She wasn't there on Friday. I wanted to say good luck in HAIRSPRAY.

Midnight... If you get to talk to Curtis could you send him best wishes from Ed Mottershead (Curtis knows who he is... just say PAL JOEY) Ed was gonna come to send him off but his cat sadly fell ill and he had to put him to sleep yesterday re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!) so I doubt he will be there today.
Thanks Midnight, and hugs to you, Kate, Curtis and to Ed... we love you.

Blackcabbytabby
#413re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/14/08 at 1:25pm

what do u mean u got thonged by her? plz explain

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#414re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/14/08 at 2:33pm

If you've seen the show, Mary Testa and it just happened to be Whoopi Goldburg at my performance are talking about a thong, and Mary pulls it out of her dress, and flings it into the audience. Well I just happened to be that lucky person she flung it at during last Saturday's matinee. So, now I'm just saying on got "thonged" to make it easier and sound funnier.

Pocketsquared Fanadu Profile Photo
Pocketsquared Fanadu
#415re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/14/08 at 2:40pm

Just back from Broadway on Broadway and the cast was absolutely AMAZING on "Don't Walk Away." They did the Tony broadcast version, so Kerry sings a part--it was just wonderful and the ovation for it was thunderous. Happy 500th performance, 'Du!

The last vampire is the mother of all vampires and that is the vampire of despair. It'll wake you up at 4am to say things like: Who do you think you are kidding? You look like a fool! No matter how hard you try, you'll never be good enough! Why is it that if some dude walked up to me on the subway platform and said these things, I'd think he was a mentally ill as-h-le, but if the vampire inside my head says it,It's the voice of reason! DIE VAMPIRE, DIE--[SUSAN in tos]

Ed_Mottershead
#416re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/14/08 at 6:49pm

Did anyone go to Curtis' last performance today? I was going to go yesterday, but a family crisis arose Friday night, so all bets were off for getting to NYC yesterday. Did someone from the cast acknowledge Curtis' last performance? I'm very sorry I couldn't go.

BroadwayEd

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#417re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/14/08 at 10:08pm

According to Patti's website http://www.pattimurin.com/news.html

Patti will be going on vacation from September 15th until the 23rd, and will return to Xanadu on the 24th!

Patti will be going on as "Clio/Kira" in Xanadu on Broadway from Saturday, September 27th through the matinee on
Wednesday, October 1st ! Click here for the official Xanadu website.

It couldnt be another vacation for Kerry could it?

cross posted in Curtis' Last Performance Thread
Updated On: 9/14/08 at 10:08 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#418re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/15/08 at 8:28am

Is this also Kate's last day?

I believe Kate's last day is this coming Sunday, the 21st.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

jezi Profile Photo
jezi
#419re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/16/08 at 7:48pm

Does anyone know who is playing Thalia now? I didn't see it posted, so I was just curious. Is Ryan back or something?

WonderRobbie Profile Photo
WonderRobbie
#420re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/16/08 at 11:43pm

:*(

WR: "Jeff, are you going get this game when it comes out?" JB: "I wouldn't be able to write another musical..." ~NY ComicCon 2/8/09

[believe]

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#421re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/17/08 at 12:11am

I CAN'T ACCEPT IT. I WON'T. XANADU IS NOT CLOSING ON OCTOBER 12TH... IT JUST CAN'T...

This is too sad. I have to get tickets to the final show ASAP...

jeffrey1dog
#422re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/17/08 at 12:12am

Join the club re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
I wanna know who bought all the stage tickets... waahhh!

Blackcabbytabby
#423re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/17/08 at 12:22am

do you think it will extend? I have tix for oct 14 will I get a refund? AND I CANT EVEN SEE THE SHOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#424re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/17/08 at 1:06am

Yeah, you will get a refund for a performance that never happened. They can't not refund your money.

And yes, I am very sad about this. Strange, I was debating on seeing if I could get a student rush seat for tonight, but I opted on taking a chance on the Hairspray lottery because I have not seen that yet. I will say, I was glad to have seen it, but I did not like it as much as Xanadu. And now, I probably will never get to see it again, unless I decide to go Thursday evening. That's if I can, depending on the time I get out of my all day obligation.

Videos