pixeltracker

Who have you gotten stuff back from?- Page 185

Who have you gotten stuff back from?

Batgirl478
#4600Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 1:13pm

thebookofwhizzer said: "Batgirl478 said: "Possibly another stupid question but when you send a check, who do you make it out to? The theater? 

"Broadway Cares/ Equity Fights AIDS"

Thank you! And I love your screen name, by the way. 

bennyb86
#4601Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 1:51pm

I decided to just do this for DEH as the stage door stories make it sound like a nightmare to try and get.  It is currently $75 correct?  Also also of them are genuine signatures right? Nothing secretarial.  

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#4602Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 2:47pm

Batgirl478 said: "thebookofwhizzer said: "Batgirl478 said: "Possibly another stupid question but when you send a check, who do you make it out to? The theater? 

"Broadway Cares/ Equity Fights AIDS"

Thank you! And I love your screen name, by the way. 

thank you so much!! :) 

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

thebookofwhizzer
#4603Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 2:49pm

bennyb86 said: "I decided to just do this for DEH as the stage door stories make it sound like a nightmare to try and get.  It is currently $75 correct?  Also also of them are genuine signatures right? Nothing secretarial.  

Yes $75 is correct, and yes all the signatures are genuine!! 

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#4604Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 3:44pm

I took wrote Dolly with $50 around 6/16 and have yet to hear back. Perhaps they do them in batches? 

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

bexplex
#4605Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/23/17 at 1:18am

DEH is 75? Anything else?

Updated On: 6/24/17 at 01:18 AM

tvgus2
#4606Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/23/17 at 2:21am

Has anybody ever sent a window card to the theater to be signed?

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#4607Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/23/17 at 3:03am

https://flic.kr/p/W4dSva

So I put a little comparison of Bette signature for those who were interested. The first signature on the right is from the Hello Dolly playbill someone scanned here, The other two on the right are what her TTM signature looks like while the others are all In-Person signatures. The one at the bottom is special, because it was actually gotten backstage at the show in Bette's dressing room and wasn't signed in a rush but sitting down. Now, if you look at the scan that was posted on here of the Hello Dolly playbill the signature looks almost exactly like the TTM sig. It has been long believed by the Autograph experts that Bette Uses a secretary for her TTM signatures. You will notice that there are distinct differences between not only the flow of the sigs in comparison from TTM and In Person, but how the letters are formed. Notice how the B in Bette is written in the In person sig- with a loop, but the TTM starts with a straight line then another line that loops to form the rest of the B. There are noticeable differences not in just how the signature looks, but how the letters are formed.

I would highly imagine that if Bette were sitting in her dressing room signing all those many playbills, her sig would look much more like the In-Person signature then her alleged "TTM" sig.  But you all can draw your own conclusions.    

Darreyl with an L!

pc1145N
#4608Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/23/17 at 7:39am

tvgus2 said: "Has anybody ever sent a window card to the theater to be signed?

"I have. You need to do it with the same mindset as sending anything you want back. It may or may not be returned. For example, I had an OBC cast signed Wicked windowcard that was only missing Joel Grey. I sent it to him at Anything Goes and it was never returned. Other examples of windowcards not being returned Darren Criss, Jonathan Groff and Lea Salonga,

I've also sent windowcards and been successful too. Patti LuPone, SJB, Cherry Jones, Chita Rivera, Sutton Foster Norbert Leo Butz and Lin Manuel Miranda all sent the windowcard back signed.

Just remember it's a gamble....don't send it if you can't afford to lose it.

Evans2
#4609Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/23/17 at 7:47am

darreyl102 said: "https://flic.kr/p/W4dSva
I would highly imagine that if Bette were sitting in her dressing room signing all those many playbills, her sig would look much more like the In-Person signature then her alleged "TTM" sig.  But you all can draw your own conclusions.
"

Thanks so much for taking the time and making this. The two signatures look completely different. Hate to say it, but it does look like the TTM signatures is not the same. 

bexplex
#4610Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/24/17 at 4:30pm

Is the 75 dollars for DEH playbills only? Or if I sent an item can they sign it?? Anyone know?

WaffleOnWheels
#4611Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/24/17 at 4:58pm

I'm assuming it's too late for Sunset at this point?

I just found out about this and would kill to get a playbill (honestly signed or not), and would love to donate to BCEFA in doing so.

tvgus2
#4612Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/24/17 at 5:05pm

pc1145N said: "tvgus2 said: "Has anybody ever sent a window card to the theater to be signed?

"I have. You need to do it with the same mindset as sending anything you want back. It may or may not be returned. For example, I had an OBC cast signed Wicked windowcard that was only missing Joel Grey. I sent it to him at Anything Goes and it was never returned. Other examples of windowcards not being returned Darren Criss, Jonathan Groff and Lea Salonga,

I've also sent windowcards and been successful too. Patti LuPone, SJB, Cherry Jones, Chita Rivera, Sutton Foster Norbert Leo Butz and Lin Manuel Miranda all sent the windowcard back signed.

Just remember it's a gamble....don't send it if you can't afford to lose it.

Thanks for the feedback. For a window card do you roll them up or do you ship flat and put stamps on the envelope? I was told by the post office that stamps can't be put on large items like window cards and someone had to take them to the post office to ship back. 

"

Updated On: 6/24/17 at 05:05 PM

thebookofwhizzer
#4613Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/24/17 at 5:56pm

Heard back from Laura Osnes today! sent me a personalized signed playbill! Took her around 8 days!

pc1145N
#4614Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/24/17 at 8:05pm

tvgus2 - I found some large cardboard envelopes online (I'm sorry, I don't remember where) and I send the windowcards in those. In my note, I ask them to re-use the envelope and just put the new stamp over the used stamp. I also put a new address label in my note and all they have to do it put that over the existing address label. The post office (or Post Office Kiosk) allows me to pay for the return postage in advance.

So, all they have to do, is put the new address label on, put the postage over the used postage and it's good to go. They can just leave it at the stage door and the mail man picks it up on their next visit.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#4615Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/24/17 at 9:52pm

thebookofwhizzer said: "Heard back from Laura Osnes today! sent me a personalized signed playbill! Took her around 8 days!

"

Only 8 days?! Holy moly!

thebookofwhizzer
#4616Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/24/17 at 9:58pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "thebookofwhizzer said: "Heard back from Laura Osnes today! sent me a personalized signed playbill! Took her around 8 days!

"

Only 8 days?! Holy moly!

I know! I thought the same thing!

Moriah3
#4617Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/25/17 at 9:41pm

My husband is just sending letters not asking for anything to be signed or a playbill but sending to Christy Altomare and Derek Klena from Anastasia and Gavin Creel in Hello, Dolly and Andy Karl in Groundhog Day he is big fans of those two. Again just sending letters. He is sending a sase in each letter. Will they still respond? He wants to ask for a playbill from Anastasia but doesn't really need it signed would of any of the cast members do that if he sent a second letter asking for it?

Addipia94 Profile Photo
Addipia94
#4618Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/26/17 at 10:41am

@Moriah3: I do not have experience sending letters to either of the shows/actors your husband has, but I did send a letter with a sase to Jessie Mueller when she was in Waitress. In the letter I did not ask for anything to be sent back to me or anything, but much to my surprise I got a signed playbill from her and a personalized note on a post card! It was so sweet. I think when you do not request anything it can be a hit or miss depending on the actor/actress. Fingers crossed they send something, but if not, or your husband does not hear back for months, he might want to write a letter asking if it's something he really wants.

thebookofwhizzer
#4619Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/26/17 at 5:06pm

Heard Back from Mandy Gonzalez today!! took 9 days!! 

Moriah3
#4620Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/26/17 at 5:43pm

Thank you so much! Does anyone have the exact addresses for hello dolly and Groundhog Day? He is hoping Christy and Derek at least respond!

10086Sundays
#4621Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/26/17 at 7:17pm

Groundhog Day:
August Wilson Theatre
 245 W 52nd St 
New York, NY 10019

I've seen a couple recent posts on social media about Andy responding.  If your husband wants a picture/Playbill, he should ask for one in the first letter.  No need for a second one.  Otherwise, he should just say want he wants to say and if he gets a response then it's a bonus.  (I don't mean that in a snarky way.)

Updated On: 6/26/17 at 07:17 PM

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#4622Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/26/17 at 7:27pm

Get a life.

Stephanatic

falsettoswasrobbed
#4623Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/27/17 at 12:24pm

recently i sent letters and fan art to the whole cast of desr evan hansen (i didn't request to have anything signed) so far, michael park filled out my questionnaire!

i haven't sent anything to great comet yet, but i plan on doing so soon! i have heard that they are very laid back and good with responding. 

Moriah3
#4624Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/27/17 at 7:31pm

Will Gavin Creel respond? Or will they ask for a donation for just a playbill?

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos