Pippin Tour?

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#450Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/3/15 at 1:22am

So I am guessing that Sasha Allen has left the tour?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#451Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/3/15 at 1:35am

Yes. As of right now Lisa is fully contracted as the Leading Player. Sasha is supposedly coming back at some point. I watched a naughty video of Sasha and Lisa was leaps and bounds better. If you get the chance to see Lisa, TAKE IT! According to her Insagram post, she has officially been playing the part since last week: https://instagram.com/p/3KdJUhFcU1/ 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#452Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/3/15 at 12:31pm

the staging might be a little different for the tour and maybe Altemus hasn't had time for a "put-in" yet.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

lisaleela Profile Photo
lisaleela
#453Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/3/15 at 6:26pm

I really hope I see Lisa as LP when the tour comes back to Southern Cali. But sounds like Sasha will probably be back by then. I really did not care very much for Sasha's portrayal. 

Clyde15
#454Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/3/15 at 7:32pm

"I am still hoping to see this in Seattle in Aug...  And they are still only allowing subscription ticket sales."

I just called and asked because I've been trying to buy these tickets as well. They gone on sale to the general public towards the end of June I was told.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#455Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/3/15 at 11:50pm

I'm still curious to know if this tour will continue past it's Philadelphia stop next Feb. I haven't found anything saying the tour is playing anywhere after the Philly dates.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#456Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/4/15 at 12:20am

^ If it doesn't, would it even be possible to make it Non-Equity? The skill sets that the company has to have is so specific.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#457Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/4/15 at 9:22am

"the staging might be a little different for the tour and maybe Altemus hasn't had time for a "put-in" yet."

Also I, the staging is not that different from what was on broadway. There are. Few modifications, but nothing that a Pippin alumni couldn't step into rather quickly.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#458Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/4/15 at 9:54am

Isn't there an Equity rule that a performer is required to have a put-in when joining a company, whether they know the role/ staging or not?

trpguyy
#459Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/4/15 at 10:48am

"Lewis" on Broadway didn't dance. The "Lewis" track for the tour involves quite a bit of dancing and tumbling, so they'd either have to teach the dance to Erik or cut the dancing. 

Put-ins are required unless it is an emergency situation (ie: a principal actor calls out for the first and an understudy goes on, even though s/he hasn't had a put-in).

According to his Twitter, Erik flew out to join the tour on Tuesday - the day the show is loading in to the theater - so it would have been physically impossible to put him in to the show, even if the track was the same as he did on Broadway (which it isn't).

Finally, if there aren't any dates publicly accounted post-Philly (which there aren't), it's pretty much a sure thing that the tour ends then.

Updated On: 6/4/15 at 10:48 AM

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#460Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/5/15 at 12:25am

Saw the show again tonight. It was a very unique performance. During "Simple Joys", one of the tricks didn't land, so they stopped the song and did it again. I think they are short on swings, because during "With You" when the 2 guys do hand stands, had only 1 person tonight. Then during the finale, there was only one woman doing the silk aerial work. I had no clue until it was announced, but there was a post show talkback! I stuck around for it, and found it to be very delightful. It included John Rubinstein, Dmitrious Bistrevsky, Sabrina Harper, Adrenne Barbeau, Viktoria Grimmy, and Anna Schnaitter. Erik was on tonight as Lewis for those wondering. I don't know if tonight was his first performance on tour or if it was yesterday. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#461Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/5/15 at 12:25pm

is Grimmy in the show, or is she just with the tour supervising??

the problem with Pippin and their swings is that the swings don't cover the acrobats, more or less. They go on in their track but don't perform their tricks. Brad Musgrove, the dance captain for the B'way show, said in an interview that he had gone for every track, including every acrobat, but didn't perform their tricks.

Updated On: 6/5/15 at 12:25 PM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#462Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/5/15 at 2:33pm

"Finally, if there aren't any dates publicly accounted post-Philly (which there aren't), it's pretty much a sure thing that the tour ends then."

It is not ending.  It is going on to Japan.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#463Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/5/15 at 2:49pm

During the talkback last night John said it was ending in Philly. 

ElphabaGoodman
#464Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/5/15 at 2:52pm

""Finally, if there aren't any dates publicly accounted post-Philly (which there aren't), it's pretty much a sure thing that the tour ends then."

It is not ending.  It is going on to Japan."

The tour is going to Japan in September, but will not be ending there.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#465Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/5/15 at 2:57pm

It is definitely going to Japan and coming back.   If you follow Callan's instagram you can see that they did press for it.   I imagine that there will be new cast members and contracts.

trpguyy
#466Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/5/15 at 4:06pm

Dame, the Philadelphia engagement is the end of February 2016. The tour goes to Japan in the fall, comes back, plays some more US cities, and ends in Philly. Like I said earlier.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#467Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/5/15 at 4:53pm

Got it.  We were going on the same info.. Just got wires crossed. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#468Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/5/15 at 5:11pm

I do wonder if it's possible to turn the Pippin tour non-equity and scale it down a little? Maybe launch it in September 2016?

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#469Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/5/15 at 5:13pm

Wait, I'm confused. Which of these two things is happening:

- The tour in concluding in Philly. Between now and next February it is going to Japan

- The tour plays the US until February, goes to Japan, then comes back to the US with a new cast for a few more dates

trpguyy
#470Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/5/15 at 5:41pm

"The tour goes to Japan in the fall, comes back, plays some more US cities, and ends in Philly"

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#471Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/5/15 at 7:59pm

"is Grimmy in the show, or is she just with the tour supervising??

Grimmy is performing with the show. Not sure if it's temporary or permanent, but she joined last month.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#472Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/19/15 at 6:09pm

FYI, Sasha Allen is back with the show as of yesterday.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#473Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/25/15 at 5:43pm

I'm seeing it in Dallas on Tues.  July 7th.   I can't wait!Pippin Tour?

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#474Pippin Tour?
Posted: 6/25/15 at 9:12pm

I saw it last weekend for Father's Day with dad. Happy to report it's in great shape. No, Sasha Allen isn't Patina Miller, but most parts of the show are still top notch. Sabrina Harper has managed to get even better then she was when she was on Broadway...she soars in this!

Videos