News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Hadestown Understudies

AllThatJazz2
#450Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 2/26/22 at 7:17pm

OceansJenny said: "Anyone see Lana as Persephone?"

I've seen Lana a couple of times in the role and she's been superb. 

kwoc91
#451Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/2/22 at 11:21am

Timothy Hughes is going on as Hades tomorrow and Friday (3/3 and 3/4).

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#452Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/2/22 at 11:43am

Wish I could see Tim's Hades. 

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#453Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/2/22 at 1:49pm

Tomás Matos will swing on for the first time tomorrow, and again on Friday. This will be their Hadestown debut, having previously been seen across the street in Diana.

Oh look, a bibu!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#454Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/5/22 at 12:41pm

Jewell is Persephone for the matinee today.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

eurydice3
#455Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/5/22 at 12:47pm

ACL2006 said: "Jewell is Persephone for the matinee today."

Jewelle is on all weekend. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#456Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/5/22 at 1:10pm

Who else covers Persephone besides Jewell now?

eurydice3
#457Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/5/22 at 1:24pm

ACL2006 said: "Who else covers Persephone besides Jewell now?"

No idea. You would need to check a current playbill. If no one can answer between now and next weekend, I'll be there Saturday and can report back. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#458Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/5/22 at 6:25pm

kwoc91 said: "Timothy Hughes is going on as Hades tomorrow and Friday (3/3 and 3/4)."

Any word on his performance?  IS this the first time he's gone on?  ( I'd LOVE to see him do this.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#459Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/5/22 at 6:28pm

He posted this is his first time on since they returned. He was on pre-COVID a bunch of times.

MattieIce2018
#460Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/5/22 at 7:28pm

eurydice3 said: "ACL2006 said: "Who else covers Persephone besides Jewell now?"

No idea. You would need to check a current playbill. If no one can answer between now and next weekend, I'll be there Saturday and can report back.
"

Jewelle is the only cover listed, per my Playbill from the 26th.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#461Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/5/22 at 8:28pm

Odd they'd only have one cover for Persephone, especially since they've added additional swings recently(Sojourner Brown & Tomas Matos).

eurydice3
#462Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/6/22 at 8:31pm

Jewelle will be on for Persephone all week: March 08-13!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#463Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/6/22 at 9:13pm

eurydice3 said: "Jewelle will be on for Persephone all week: March 08-13!"

Hopefully Lana is okay. And they better hope nothing happens to Jewell as there are no more covers for Persephone.

eurydice3
#464Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/6/22 at 9:33pm

ACL2006 said: "eurydice3 said: "Jewelle will be on for Persephone all week: March 08-13!"

Hopefully Lana is okay. And they better hope nothing happens to Jewelle as there are no more covers for Persephone.

"

Not necessarily. Need be they can pull from the tour. Kimberly was a Persephone understudy before moving to the tour and of course the current tour understudy/understudies. 

RachelMenzel
#465Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/6/22 at 9:53pm

Hey, UK member here. Will be in New York over Easter and Hadestown is on my maybe-list of shows to see but Eva’s a big part of wanting to see it. What’s her attendance been like lately and does she have a set alternate show or anything now? Many thanks 

Updated On: 3/6/22 at 09:53 PM

eurydice3
#466Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/7/22 at 6:33am

RachelMenzel said: "Hey, UK member here. Will be in New York over Easter and Hadestown is on my maybe-list of shows to see but Eva’s a big part of wanting to see it. What’s her attendance been like lately and does she have a set alternate show or anything now? Many thanks"

No ser alternare. But she was out a few days this week and has a scheduled off next week. I would check her IG and any of her understudies IG because they’re all normally great about posting when they’ll be out. Regardless if Eva is there or not, Hadestown is a must see and her all the Eurydice understudies are wonderful. 

TOHadestownFan
#467Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/7/22 at 9:58am

eurydice3 said: "RachelMenzel said: "Hey, UK member here. Will be in New York over Easter and Hadestown is on my maybe-list of shows to see but Eva’s a big part of wanting to see it. What’s her attendance been like lately and does she have a set alternate show or anything now? Many thanks"

No ser alternare. But she was out a few days this week and has a scheduled off next week. I would check her IG and any of her understudies IG because they’re all normally great about posting when they’ll be out. Regardless if Eva is there or not, Hadestown is a must see and her all the Eurydice understudies are wonderful.
"

Hi there! Do you have any more details about the scheduled off you mentioned she’s taking next week? Is it for the entire week, or just for a few days? My family has tickets for next week, and while I’m sure the understudies are amazing, we’re pretty big Eva fans so just want to be able to manage expectations going in :) 

eurydice3
#468Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/7/22 at 10:15am

TOHadestownFan said: "eurydice3 said: "RachelMenzel said: "Hey, UK member here. Will be in New York over Easter and Hadestown is on my maybe-list of shows to see but Eva’s a big part of wanting to see it. What’s her attendance been like lately and does she have a set alternate show or anything now? Many thanks"

"

Hi there! Do you have any more details about the scheduled off you mentioned she’s taking next week? Is it for the entire week, or just for a few days? My family has tickets for next week, and while I’m sure the understudies are amazing, we’re pretty big Eva fans so just want to be able to manage expectations going in :)
"

Eva & Reeve will be out of the show on March 24.  But for anything before that check IG. 

AndreyIsntHere Profile Photo
AndreyIsntHere
#469Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/9/22 at 12:01am

I think this post by Afra Hines just speaks for itself.

Exciting cast lineup but I'm seriously worried about the principals who are out. I don't want to assume the worse or be too morbid so I'm just going to hope that everything is okay!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#470Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/9/22 at 6:23am

That's a lot of people out.  3 out of 5 of the regular "workers" are out(with Emily on as a Fate). Every swing is on, too, except for Tara Jackson. A shame to have Dobson back as Orpheus, I heard he's not good in the role.

Dobson posted on his IG that he got an hour's notice to come.

Updated On: 3/9/22 at 06:23 AM

eurydice3
#471Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/9/22 at 2:38pm

Afra and Jordan are back through this week but evenings only. My question is, who is Orpheus during the matinees? 

Alexander Lamar
#472Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/9/22 at 3:19pm

ACL2006 said: "A shame to have Dobson back as Orpheus, I heard he's not good in the role.

Dobson posted on his IG that he got an hour's notice to come.
"

You heard very very wrong. 

Sayo was supposed to have his Orpheus debut at todays matinee but the show was canceled at the last minute. 

eurydice3
#473Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/9/22 at 3:29pm

Alexander Lamar said: "Sayo was supposed to have his Orpheus debut at todays matinee but the show was canceled at the last minute."

Thanks! Awful they cancelled today. I'm hopefully seeing the show Saturday matinee but I'm thinking about having a backup just  in case. 

Alexander Lamar
#474Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/9/22 at 3:34pm

eurydice3 said: "Alexander Lamar said: "Sayo was supposed to have his Orpheus debut at todays matinee but the show was canceled at the last minute."

Thanks! Awful they cancelled today. I'm hopefully seeing the show Saturday matinee but I'm thinking about having a backup just in case.
"

I’m hopeful too as I have tickets for this and Take Me Out this weekend. But I’m thinking that Jordan won’t be rehearsing his new show on a Saturday? So maybe he could do the mat if needed. 

Videos