pixeltracker

Dee to Depart Wicked JAN- Page 2

Dee to Depart Wicked JAN

FranzRelax
#25re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 12:45am

The name I've heard is an actress who created a leading role in a recent Best Musical winner. She was not nominated for her work in the musical.

We serve their food, We carve their meat, We tend to their house, We polish their Silverware.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#26re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 12:46am

My skin itches every time I think about the time I saw Dee Ravioli play Elphaba in Chicago.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#27re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 12:48am

Mandy Gonzalez

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#28re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 12:50am

If Mandy Gonzalez does WICKED I will sit through the rest of it for her performance alone. Her voice is on fire, one of the best.

DOTV fans gotta show support. re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN

P

FIRE! Updated On: 12/10/09 at 12:50 AM

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#29re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 12:57am

"The name I've heard is an actress who created a leading role in a recent Best Musical winner. She was not nominated for her work in the musical."

Lea Michele fits the bill...

mina3
#30re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 1:08am

The new Elphaba has not been on Broadway before.

Also, I don't think I'd call this stunt-casting - wouldn't that require a big name? This person might be well-known in some circles, but I wouldn't think she'd qualify for stunt-casting.

bwaylvsong
#31re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 1:10am

Natalie Weiss?
Alyssa Fox?

ThankstoPhantom
#32re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 1:10am

WICKED markets the show, not the actors appearing in it, so it is VERY unlikely that they will stunt cast.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#33re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 1:12am

Mandy Gonzalez and Lea both fit that "Best Musical/not nominated," but I would think Lea would be unlikely to do it. She lives in Los Angeles, she has a steady job already, and frankly, she doesn't NEED to do it. I know Elphaba is one of Lea's dream roles, but Mandy still seems like a much more likely choice.

What about Andrea Burns? I mean, sure, she's wrong for the role, but homegirl is fierce. :)

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#34re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 1:13am

In what circles, exactly, are Natalie Weiss and Alyssa Fox well known in?

bwaylvsong
#35re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 1:16am

Youtubeland

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#36re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 1:26am

I'm stumped. Any news on Erin Mackey's replacement?

itsboq
#37re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 1:30am

Alyssa Fox might be going to wicked. I am not sure if it will be in San Francisco or New York. Here is stuff from her twitter.

It just hit me that I'll get to see New York during Christmastime! Oh boy!!!
about 4 hours ago from txt on december 9

Booked my flight to New York! Leaving Sunday morning from DFW, singing for Telsey/Wicked SF creative team on Mon, and coming back Wednesday! posted on december 9

her twitter is www.twitter.com/alyssafox
Updated On: 12/10/09 at 01:30 AM

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#38re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 1:33am

That just means she's auditioning.

Rentfan931
#39re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 1:42am

When does Erin leave?

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#40re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 1:43am

Alyssa Fox has been seen in an audition before, but it was an open call if I remember correctly. Who knows...maybe they remembered her from the open call last year. But, her tweets say she's auditioning for the San Francisco production, not Broadway. And if Telsey is calling her themselves to come in and audition that's always a plus.

Alyssa Fox's voice is stellar and her youtube videos don't even do her justice. I've seen her perform several times at OCU and that girl can belt her tiny little face off. She literally has vocal chords of STEEL! When I saw her as Jo March in OCU's production of Little Women she gave me goosebumps every time she opened her mouth. I'd be thrilled for her if she was cast in any Wicked production.

But, Alyssa Fox hasn't originated any roles in a show that won Best Musical...

And while I do enjoy Diana Degarmo very much and loved her in the tour of BKLYN, I did not think she did that well in the Carrie reading. In fact, I hardly liked her at all...which is odd because I'm a big fan of her's.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"
Updated On: 12/10/09 at 01:43 AM

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#41re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 1:48am

I think the criteria is that she's never been on Broadway and is well-known in some circles. mina3 seems to know what he/she's talking about.

beautywickedlover
#42re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 2:31am

Has this actress originated or replaced someone in a musical that took place Off-Broadway or on tour in the last two years?

ABoyLikeThat
#43re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 7:21am

Well, I was going to guess Laura Bell Bundy, but if the person hasn't been on Bway before, I guess she's out.

It's not DeGarmo, but I would love to see her as Elphaba one day.

MusicSnob1 Profile Photo
MusicSnob1
#44re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 10:29am

Why are we assuming that some random poster is correct?

It could be someone who's been on Broadway before, for all we know. There's no reason to belive either way... until an official statement.

When I think about you, I touch myself.

luvbrdway
#45re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 10:37am

Kate Shindle?

Maybe Callie from Grey's Anatomy will get hit by a bus and then Sara Ramirez will be available.

Told myself I was done with "Wicked", but would make a trip to NYC to see either one of those two do the role.

MusicSnob1 Profile Photo
MusicSnob1
#46re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 10:52am

"Maybe Callie from Grey's Anatomy will get hit by a bus and then Sara Ramirez will be available".

As a "greys" fanatic, I can confirm that she will absolutely still be around and this is nothing but a pipe dream!

I suppose Kate Shindle is a possibility...hmm...

When I think about you, I touch myself.

lisaatje009 Profile Photo
lisaatje009
#47re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 11:24am

<------------------------------------ ?

Maybe it's a best revival of a musical winner..

Rentfan931
#48re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 12:17pm

"<------------------------------------ ?

Maybe it's a best revival of a musical winner.."

As much as I loved Caissie on Broadway the one time I saw her go on, isn't she supposed to go to London with the company of Hair?

#49re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 12:27pm

We really don't even know if Dee is going to leave in Jan for sure. She is one of the longest running actresses in the part. I doubt she wouldn't extend. However, I can't wait till Erin leaves. And, Rondi is leaving soon too.

Videos