pixeltracker

Brooke Shields in Night Music- Page 2

Brooke Shields in Night Music

zooxanthellae Profile Photo
zooxanthellae
#25Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/12/10 at 1:26pm

I guess I can give up on hopes of Maggie Smith or Glynis Johns to replace Lansbury! Brooke Sheilds in Night Music

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#26Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/12/10 at 1:29pm

I would not be unhappy if Blythe Danner and Gwenyth Paltrow took over!!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#27Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/12/10 at 1:31pm

I'd be there in a heartbeat if that were to happen BroadwayBound!

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#28Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/12/10 at 1:36pm

"I definitely think there are two reasons Lansbury is getting so much praise in this production: 1-She's so well-respected that some people seem to just be ready to praise her regardless of what she does, there's nothing Tony-worthy about her performance though, it's a good performance but nothing that calls for the kind of overblown praise she is being given on the board, 2-She actually knows what she is doing unlike a lot of the people sharing the stage with her (not referring to Catherine Z. Jones whom I thought was pretty great) and she manages to rise above the production. Again, even reason 2 is not enough reason to give her a Tony, but clearly I'm in the minority.
And muscle, it's pretty ridiculous to argue that Brooke Shields is more widely known than Catherine Z. Jones. And even if she is internationally famous, the kind of celebrity and prestige that Catherine Z. Jones (an Oscar winner and a true A-lister) can't compare to Shields. Still, I imagine she'd be a likely option (hardly the best) to replace Jones"

I agree with everything you say. I think people are so delusional on this board that want her to get yet another Tony and they don't even care what she does at this point.
And it's true that CZJ is a true A-lister along with Nicole Kidman and Julia Roberts.
I must say, that some Oscar winners like Frances Mc Dormand are currently doing Off Broadway and just the award seems not to guarantee A-list status anymore though.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

algy Profile Photo
algy
#29Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/12/10 at 1:46pm

Sorry to rain on your parade zooxanthellae, but unless something's changed in the last 6 months, I don't think Maggie Smith's going to be on stage anytime soon...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1218249/Dame-Maggie-Smith-admits-breast-cancer-battered-confidence.html

max2paradise
#30Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/12/10 at 2:33pm

I also love the idea of Blythe Danner and Gwyneth Paltrow! I'd definitely return to see them. I wouldn't really mind if the producers continued to bring in film and television actresses to play Desiree. It's a great role for it, and not too challenging to sing.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#31Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/12/10 at 2:42pm

I say get Harvey for MME Armfeld

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Roscoe
#32Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/12/10 at 3:19pm

I'd be a lot happier if they'd replaced Trevor Nunn with Bartlett Sher, but it's a little late for that.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#33Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/12/10 at 3:32pm

I would love to see Joan Plowright or Judi Dench as Armfeldt, even though I know Judi Dench wouldn't do it. I'd be absolutely delighted to see Eileen Atkins do it. Stritch would be great also. No, I don't think she always plays drunk.

I don't think Shields has what it takes for Desiree. She's just not glamorous enough. She's too woman-next-door. The same could have been said about Glynis Johns, but Shields is not the actress that Glynis Johns is.

I think Juliette Binoche is certainly looks and age-appropriate. A pipe dream.

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#34Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/12/10 at 5:40pm

The idea of Paltrow as the "older" woman the nubile Anne fears is rather startling, however. Even now, she hardly looks her age. But what the hell, she and her Mama would be lovely. I just don't think the show would be about quite the same thing.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#35Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/12/10 at 5:46pm

^ because the idea of CZJ as the older woman isn't already ridiculous?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#36Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/12/10 at 5:48pm

Yeah, I think it is ridiculous. "Send in the Clowns" sung by Zeta Jones strips the number of its underlying highest stakes. If Zeta Jones is in the "Clowns" mindset, she's got premature dementia. I hold to this pov.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#37Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/12/10 at 6:03pm

Don't mind muscle and his idiotic statements. He once claimed that Angela Lansbury "can't sing."

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#38Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/13/10 at 7:57am

^ Thank you!

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

wonkit
#39Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/13/10 at 11:06am

I have no idea how her singing voice is, but I would love to see Rosemary Harris as Madame Armfeldt as she can certainly act any role she pleases!

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#40Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/13/10 at 12:34pm

If they want a real mother-daughter pair, Jennifer Ehle as Desiree and Rosemary Harris as Madame Armfeldt would be absolutely stunning (though they wouldn't sell tickets.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#41Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
Posted: 4/13/10 at 4:05pm

Please, Diana Rigg. Pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#42Brooke Shields in Night Music
Posted: 4/13/10 at 4:12pm

Max! Fix the typo subject line. Please.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Videos