pixeltracker

ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season- Page 2

ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season

Tevye_the_Dairyman
#25ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/11/10 at 6:47pm

I love Christopher Fitzgerald to death, but don't you think a lot of the humor concerning Buddy being really tall and obviously a human among the elves lost with an actor of Christopher Fitzgerald's height? I feel the sight gag of such a tall guy dressed as an elf is pretty key to "Elf"

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#26ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/11/10 at 7:18pm

Same with Norbert. I would imagine someone at least 6 feet to play the role.

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#27ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/11/10 at 7:42pm

It's not a huge name, but Sean McCourt is a fantastic performer, I would love for him to get some more praise for a role like this!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#28ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/11/10 at 8:37pm

I'm in the camp of people who are excited for this... it's a charming movie, and has some great people working on it. It could turn out to be a very fun and very strong piece.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#29ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/11/10 at 8:55pm

I'm also really excited for this. And if they can't get Zooey to reprise her role, how about Brynn O'Malley?

wendilin622 Profile Photo
wendilin622
#30ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/11/10 at 9:20pm

It'll be interesting to see how they do the animation of the north pole... I'm kind of excited for this!

rjm516
#31ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/11/10 at 11:01pm

entertainment weekly is reporting that Christian Anderson is playing Buddy? Is that true? I don't trust EW with theatre scoop since they are so new to it. http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/11/elf-the-musical-great-idea-or-a-throne-of-lies/

rmusic11322
#32ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/11/10 at 11:50pm

The only work I've seen Anderson was in Avenue Q so I really can't judge how this will work out if he is playing Buddy.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#33ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/12/10 at 12:20am

Cause he did a dang good job with Drowsy Chaperone?

First of all, the direction was not one of the good things about Drowsy. Secondly, one passable directorial attempt does not justify one being a go-to director. All About Me... To Be or Not To Be...enough said.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#34ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/12/10 at 12:53am

Agreed.

In fact, I consider the direction of DROWSY to be one of the worst things about the show - granted, I've never liked it, but still.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

rjjn Profile Photo
rjjn
#35ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/12/10 at 2:27am

If this ends up coming back to Broadway after this season, ala Grinch and White Christmas, it'd be cool to see Will Ferrell take a whack at it. Albeit, it should be after the role is established, but he can sing adequately, and he's been on Broadway before.

"Rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love." -Neil Patrick Harris

Princeton2
#36ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/12/10 at 4:23am

Am I mad for thinking Cheyenne JAckson, he has the height (although he is very bulky/muscular) but he does have that innocence and naivity (based on Xanadu anyway)

ErikInTheCity
#37ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/12/10 at 4:09pm

I really don't know how this will play on stage, unless they borrow the stilts from 101 Dalmations. Oh wait, no need to BORROW.

I've always thought the visual gags in the movie were brilliant, but not sure how they'll play with even an under 5' tall ensemble.

macbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
#38ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/12/10 at 7:29pm

Has it been announced if WHITE CHRISTMAS is coming back too?

Between Wintuk, Radio City Xmas, Elf, White Christmas, it'll be quite the holiday season!

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#39ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
Posted: 6/13/10 at 1:21am

I like the Cheyenne Jackson idea. Doesn't look much like Will Ferrell (to his credit, surely), but I agree that he could pull off the naivete required of Buddy as well as the tall gag. Plus, the chance to see him onstage again would be too enticing for me to pass up!

Videos