pixeltracker

Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?- Page 2

Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#25Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 11:31am

...or don't and miss out on the most fun you'll have this season on Broadway. Have I mentioned the it's the HOTTEST cast too?

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#26Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 11:44am

I don't agree that it sets the drag movement back 50 years.

Just give the world Love.

NYTheatre01 Profile Photo
NYTheatre01
#27Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 12:38pm

I really am LMAO. How do you set the drag movement back 50 years? And, BroadwayB....I agree with you that the originator of that post has to be 12 years old!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#28Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 12:48pm

I feel the same way about Priscilla, lack of creativity and it truly doesn't do the gay movement any favours. Cliche and stereotypical.

Have you liked anything this season? Everything seemed to be "chiche" to you.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

lotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
#29Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 3:03pm

You thought it was 'amazing'. You should get out more! It's dire

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#30Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 3:24pm

Everyone emphasizes the fun of the show, but it has few darker moments (i.e. - when the bus is vandalized with homophobic graffiti) that help ground the piece in the real world. Tony Sheldon, Will Swenson and Nick Adams are all sensational. Go and enjoy (unless you have an aversion to the 70's songs that make up the score.) -my comments based on seeing the show in its Toronto try-out.

PARKS - I do not know why you feel it "Sets the drag movement back" - when it opened here The Toronto drag community was totally supportive of the show and as a group was one of its biggest supporters. Are you a drag performer? Were you in some way offended by the show?

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Updated On: 3/10/11 at 03:24 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#31Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 3:43pm

Aaron, the opinions here vary. My suggestion is that if you want to see it, go see it. evidently you are interested enough to join the boards and start a thread. You could have just gone to the preview thread and probably gotten the same responses.

Tigger Profile Photo
Tigger
#32Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 4:35pm

One would have to be such a pretentiously, self-involved, pseudo-intellectual self-appointed constipated connoisseur of serious theatrical claptrap (or to put it simply a dead and putrefying mass of joyless ignorance) not to enjoy this joyous fizzing party of a show. Go see it, check your brain at the door, wear loose clothing the better to move about in and regale in the festivities! You'll have a ball!! (..unless of course you are a pretentiously,self-involved...etc...etc...etc)

"Extraordinary how potent cheap music is..." Noel Coward-Private Lives

kadu335 Profile Photo
kadu335
#33Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 5:56pm

Jukebox musicals are not really my thing but I quite liked this one...

I went to see it last sunday night and it was pretty fun actually.
Tony Sheldon is so natural as Bernadette(?!)... loved him!
Will and Nick were great as well. Also, with a few exceptions, most song choices worked out very well with the story.

Overall, it's a pretty good show, not amazing, but I would definitely recommend it.
It has very good energy!

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#34Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 6:41pm

Jukebox musicals are not my thing either. And I am not "a pretentiously, self-involved, pseudo-intellectual self-appointed constipated connoisseur of serious theatrical claptrap".

Mattbrain
#35Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 7:04pm

Good to hear positive word of mouth. I'm hoping to catch it this summer.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

#36Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?
Posted: 3/11/11 at 1:03pm

Run, don't walk...to the theater to see this show. The most fun you will have or likely ever have had on Broadway. The cast is amazing.....but Nick Adams really stands out as Felicia. You can't help but come out happy...singing and dancing..and that is a good thing these days. I will be going back lots more to this feel good show.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#37Priscilla Review, Anyone else seen it?
Posted: 3/11/11 at 1:29pm

The commercial they are running for this can't be doing them any favors. It makes it look awful.

Videos