pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27

PlayItAgain
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 5:01pm

May I ask how you were offered 10 comps?

ALittlePriest Profile Photo
ALittlePriest
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 5:03pm

I slept with Zeus.

PlayItAgain
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 5:08pm

not a good enough answer sir lol

ALittlePriest Profile Photo
ALittlePriest
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 5:11pm

He took the form of a bull.

PopAria Profile Photo
PopAria
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 5:39pm

If the producers were nice, they'd give away tickets to the people on these boards :)

*wink wink*

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 5:57pm

I am shocked by Follies absymal numbers given the quality of the show & the cast

I have always said this insane rise in prices would take its toll. I was not the first in this thread to mention it so I cannot be accused of starting the discussion on it.

It will be quite some time before Follies is ever revived again. I do not think anyone envisioned this.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 11/28/11 at 05:57 PM

ChenoKahn Profile Photo
ChenoKahn
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 6:37pm

Follies doesn't look like it's gonna have a very painful week this week though. I mean not good but not terrible.

bwayfan7000
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 6:48pm

I'm seeing Follies again soon, and I do find it interesting that I was able to get cheaper tickets (relatively, at least...for $89 apiece) during a time when the show was doing very well than I am now, when the performance I am attending is blocked from discounts entirely. I am probably going to rush, but I might've considered splurging for the discount if one were even available.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#33Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 6:50pm

It is nice to see "Chicago" make a $200, 000 plus improvement over the previous week. It's the Energizer Bunny of Broadway musicals! from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#34Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 7:12pm

This week certainly ran the gamut in every sense.

I think FOLLIES has finally hit the brick wall, and it's because they are pricing out their customers.

As for LYSISTRATA JONES, as long as I get to see it on Wednesday night, It doesn't matter to me if it goes up or down. This is another BLOODY BLOODY/SCOTTBORO situation...

I'm hedging my bets on LYSISTRATA, STICK FLY, CHINGLISH, and RELATIVELY SPEAKING going out when we ring in 2012.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

PlayItAgain
#35Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 9:48pm

Surprisingly I think Relatively Speaking will finish out its limited run and then disappear....

After Eight
#36Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/29/11 at 4:52am

I'm very surprised that Harry Connick, Bernadette Peters, and Kim Cattrall are not drawing them in, especially Connick, who I thought had a huge fan base. Yes, he's in a bad show, but so were Julia Roberts and Hugh Jackman, and they sold out theirs. And so is Jackman now, to boffo business. As for the other two names, I know that the public does not respond to Follies, and never has, and that Private Lives has been done too often. But I still thought their stars would bring in better business than this over a holiday weekend.

One note about Private Lives: I think the scaffolding outside the Music Box is detrimental to the selling of this show.

AnythingGoes2
#37Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/29/11 at 6:19am

Follies gross is still not bad. Their thinking is people who want to see this will pay the higher price, so why pay to discount, however it is now drawing extremly close to break even point for the weekly running.

I think if they want to make it to 22nd Jan, they need to start offering deals out at $75 mark or below.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#38Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/29/11 at 6:23am

Spider-Man has officially recouped its 11 years of spendings....LOL

Videos