pixeltracker

Who would you want as your broadway best friends?- Page 2

Who would you want as your broadway best friends?

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#25Who would you want as your broadway best friends?
Posted: 3/5/15 at 8:23am

I feel creepy answering this but I'm going to anyway.

Kelli O'Hara
Patti LuPone
Jessie Mueller
Kristin Chenoweth
Laura Benanti

kooky
#26Who would you want as your broadway best friends?
Posted: 3/5/15 at 9:21am

HELEN MIRREN …..

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#27Who would you want as your broadway best friends?
Posted: 3/5/15 at 9:40am

Megan Hilty
Nathan Lane
Angela Lansbury
Carol Burnett
Jeremey Jordan

and of course
STEPHEN SONDHEIM...:)

KathyNYC2
#28Who would you want as your broadway best friends?
Posted: 3/5/15 at 6:40pm

Yes a little creepy but...

Christopher Sieber
Annaleigh Ashford
Laura Osnes
Sebastian Arcelus
Stephanie Block
Christian Borle
Alison Luff (who once won me a lottery ticket at Matilda and so I sat with her family).

More I am sure but those come to mind immediately...

breathyfemalevocal
#29Who would you want as your broadway best friends?
Posted: 3/6/15 at 4:00am

So difficult to limit to 10...

Gavin Creel
Jonathan Groff
Jackie Hoffman
Kyle Dean Massey
Gavin Creel
Celia Kenan-Bolger
Jan Maxwell
Audra McDonald
Steven Pasquale
Donna Murphy
Charlie Williams
Santino Fontana
Gavin Creel
Tyne Daly
Taylor Trensch
Jeremy Jordan
Mary Louise Wilson
Bobby Steggert
Cheyenne Jackson
Judith Light
Norm Lewis
Kelli O'Hara
Charles Busch
Josh Lamon
Brandon Rubendall
Bernadette Peters
Jim Newman
Gavin Creel
Kristine Nielsen
Veanne Cox
Julia Murney
Linda Lavin
Michael Beresse
Karen Ziemba
Howard McGillan
Emily Skinner
Josh Young
Ryan Steele and Matt Doyle (must count as one)
Joe Mantello and Matthew Risch (same as RS and MD)
Carol Channing
Matt Loehr
Rachel Bay Jones
Heidi Blickenstaff
Andrew Samonsky
Wade McCollum
Robert Joy
Judy Kaye
and Gavin Creel

And, oh, Elaine Stritch is so, so missed. Hunter Ryan Herdlicka is a fortunate man.

Well, that was fun. I'm sure I've missed someone. So many intelligent, talented, charismatic, beautiful, wonderfully nice people on the New York stage these days. This is just the beginning.

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#30Who would you want as your broadway best friends?
Posted: 3/6/15 at 1:16pm

Beth Leavel

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

AHLiebross Profile Photo
AHLiebross
#31Who would you want as your broadway best friends?
Posted: 3/6/15 at 6:49pm

Many of mine would be Phantom connected, because I'm trying to start a Phantom-related blog and web site called "All Things Phantom." (It would be up and running already if life didn't keep getting in the way). In no particular order:

1) Norm Lewis, because he's a fantastic performer, because I love his baritone voice, and because he seems like a really nice guy.
2) Chuck Cooper, because I knew his wife quite well in high school, and I'd love to hang out with both of them.
3) Chet Walker, because I went to elementary school and, I think, junior high and high school, with him, when he was known as "Chester."
4) Tam Mutu, because I think he's got a gorgeous voice, because he's going to be really big (I hope), and because he played the Phantom in LND.
5) James Monroe Iglehart, because I just love his name, because, based on his performance at the Tony awards, I'll bet he's a hoot, and because I never had a friend like him.
6) Hugh Panaro, because of his Phantom experience and because he's an animal rights person.
7) Michelle McConnell and several of the other Carlotta Giudicellis, because they seemed like very nice people when I met them at the stage door, and because they might be able to teach me to sing.
Who would you want as your broadway best friends? Christian Sebek, because I think he's the best Ubaldo Piangi I've seen, because he's got a gorgeous voice, and because we short folks have to stick together.
9) Sir Patrick Stewart, because he's Sir Patrick Stewart and because he played Jean-Luc Picard, my second-favorite ST character, with Spock being first.
10) Idina Menzel, because, despite wanting a voice more like an opera singer's (see #7), I suspect my voice is more suited to Idina's type of songs, and she might be able to teach me. Besides, she could help me sort out the timelines in If/Then.

BTW, I don't consider this a creepy thread unless someone intends to stalk people on their list, God forbid.

Audrey (who included some of the above with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek, and included other folks that I really would love to know).

Audrey, the Phantom Phanatic, who nonetheless would rather be Jean Valjean, who knew how to make lemonade out of lemons.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#32Who would you want as your broadway best friends?
Posted: 3/6/15 at 6:54pm

I can picture myself frolicking hand-in-hand through green meadows with Jeremy Jordan.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#33Who would you want as your broadway best friends?
Posted: 3/6/15 at 6:54pm

Wow Emily! No Carolee?

RW3
#34Who would you want as your broadway best friends?
Posted: 3/6/15 at 7:04pm

Audra McDonald
Billy Porter
Matt Doyle
Kelli O'Hara
Andrew Rannells
Jessie Mueller
Carolee Carmello
Laura Michelle Kelly
Idina Menzel
LaChanze
James Snyder
Jenn Colella
Andy Karl
Chita Rivera
Lesli Margherita
*These are off the top of my head.

RW3
#35Who would you want as your broadway best friends?
Posted: 3/6/15 at 7:06pm

Corey cott
Patina Miller
Kate Baldwin
Laura Osnes

AHLiebross Profile Photo
AHLiebross
#36Who would you want as your broadway best friends?
Posted: 3/6/15 at 7:28pm

Jay Lerner-Z writes: I can picture myself frolicking hand-in-hand through green meadows with Jeremy Jordan.

Jay L-Z, if we're talking THAT kind of "friend" instead of a buddy, my list would look a bit different -- let's just say that Norm Lewis would still be there, and possibly, Sir Patrick Stewart.... Is it ok to add Gerard Butler, even though he's primarily a movie actor now? He started on the London stage. Who would you want as your broadway best friends?

Audrey, the Phantom Phanatic, who nonetheless would rather be Jean Valjean, who knew how to make lemonade out of lemons.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#37Who would you want as your broadway best friends?
Posted: 3/6/15 at 11:28pm

Namo, your Jerry Herman quip went completely over my head. (I know, I know: "No surprise there.") Care to give me a hint? You wrote:

"Bring elbow-length veterinary gloves, Fantod."

P.S. to Fantod, I met Herman briefly decades ago and he was a lovely man, but he and I have a close friend in common who swears he may be the nicest man in show business.

acekatherineplumber2 Profile Photo
acekatherineplumber2
#38Who would you want as your broadway best friends?
Posted: 3/6/15 at 11:55pm

Laura Osnes, Annaleigh Ashford, Kara Lindsay, Thayne Jasperson, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Corey Cott, Victoria Clark, Andy Richardson, Betsy Wolfe, Jessie Mueller, Celia Keenan-Bolger, Jenn Damiano, Sutton Foster.

Videos