pixeltracker

URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!- Page 2

URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#25URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 2:49pm

wow you actually think Dames at Sea is gonna close? ouch i hope it transfers but at the Nederlander or something

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

AEA AGMA SM
#26URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 3:11pm

"urinetown is hoping to transfer in the spring.  Helen Hayes.

@philly called it."

Pretty much every show that opens here in NY is hoping for a transfer. Everybody wants to believe that their production (especially these Showcase productions, though if I remember the casting notices correctly this is totally non-Equity, so not even a Showcase) is going to be the special one that will defy the odds and move to a bigger space (Off-Broadway, and then Broadway) and become a huge hit.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#27URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 3:13pm

"wow you actually think Dames at Sea is gonna close? ouch i hope it transfers but at the Nederlander or something"

Let's stop the transfer discussion in its tracks.

This is a tiny production in which there is not a single person of note involved. In fact, it appears to be a non-Equity production (either that or they are not making the required disclosure). I'm glad to encourage them and their premise, but this is basically a bunch of recent college grads doing a short barebones thing the same way 1000s of others do. A transfer of any kind, much less to Broadway, is beyond aspirational. Besides, on their budget, it is quite clear they do not even have first class rights.

re Dames at Sea, it's anyone's guess. I don't have much interest in the show but I wish it the best, for John Bolton if nothing else. 

Phillypinto
#28URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 3:13pm

it would be cool to transfer into a small broadway house. I hope Dames at Sea is a hit though. Maybe it can go into the booth

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#29URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 3:16pm

I donated 5 dah-la

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#30URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 4:05pm

"I donated 5 dah-la
 "

Congratulations. Your donation entitles you to ride the NYC subway system to and from the show for only $5.50, assuming you already have a Metrocard. And you will get an 11% bonus!

Phillypinto
#31URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 6:21pm

well maybe if producers see it and love it, and there is high audience demand, and an amazing reception, and great reviews, maybe it will come to broadway!

as for Dames at Sea, audiences seem to love shows like this. They loved Anything Goes, they love On the Town (even though its in a huge theatre), and they love American in Paris. I think it will be a hit. If Urinetown is looking for a theatre, it should try to get the Booth or Brooks Atkinson or Cort. 

Or maybe Roundabout will scoop it up

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#32URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 6:23pm

Roundabout would be the best option.

Poster Emeritus

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#33URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 6:26pm

I was too young when the original production played. I may like to see this if it happens, providing they can get a great cast. The OBC, from what I could tell, was very diverse and talented. Not to mention Little Sally is a dream role of mine!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#34URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 7:10pm

Seems better suited for NWS

Poster Emeritus

suttonfoster Profile Photo
suttonfoster
#35URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 7:34pm

This is a non-equity cast and the first production of a new theater company - it's not coming to Broadway even though you are CLEARLY involved in it. 

Phillypinto
#36URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 7:38pm

Who are you talking to? I'm not involved lol

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#37URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 7:55pm

"This is a non-equity cast and the first production of a new theater company - it's not coming to Broadway even though you are CLEARLY involved in it. "

Who are you talking too? You must not come 'round these parts much if you're pinning philly to be a part of this, or any, theater production. 

Philly, what does Dames at Sea and AAIP have in common? I get the nautical aspect of relating it to OTT and Anything Goes, but... not seeing the correlation to Paris. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#38URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 8:54pm

This show is getting more play on here than it is likely to get everywhere else combined.

It is highly unlikely that any significant media outlet will even review it. When was the last time that a non-Equity production by a bunch of tyros was reviewed anywhere other than the obscure blog or website?

And re high audience demand, the maximum number of audience members (whether producers, reviewers or generators of WOM) is about 800. That's not a lot of buzz.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#39URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 9:21pm

Listen, I wish these guys the best. I admire anyone who can dream big and has the gusto (not to mention the cooperation from their peers...) to try for something. If this does work out, I will be running freedom (run!) too.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Phillypinto
#40URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 9:29pm

It's old timey back in the day old fashioned musical

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#41URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/4/15 at 9:33pm

Yeah

I can just imagine Merman this.

Poster Emeritus

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#42URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
Posted: 8/5/15 at 12:58pm

In her prime, Merman would have made for a great Pennywise.  

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Videos