Shuffle along casting

Actriz2
#25Shuffle along casting
Posted: 8/9/15 at 9:38pm

With the Hamilton men and now Stokes, Porter, Henry and Dixon, could the Featured Actor in a Musical category potentially be 100% black?

Broadwaystar2
#26Shuffle along casting
Posted: 8/9/15 at 10:09pm

Well it's been all white many times. So I guess I would and wouldn't be surprised at the same time.

jnb9872 Profile Photo
jnb9872
#27Shuffle along casting
Posted: 8/9/15 at 10:43pm

One of those HAMILTON men could be Jonathan Groff, so...

Plus, surely there will be other men in other Musicals this season. I would normally expect a category dominated by one or two shows exclusively to occur in a very top-heavy season with few stand-out shows.

Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#28Shuffle along casting
Posted: 8/9/15 at 11:24pm

^Like this past year where Featured Actor in a Musical had two people from An American in Paris (Brandon Uranowitz and Max von Essen) along with two people from Something Rotten! (Christian Borle and Brad Oscar).

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#29Shuffle along casting
Posted: 8/9/15 at 11:43pm

This casting is phenomenal. 3 have Tony's (8 between them) and I think Joshua should have won for Violet. I don't know anything about the show, but it sounds like if they'll be doing the original show plus some documentarian bits on the side, it would be classified as a revival.

As to an all-black Featured Actor Tony category, I think Gavin Creel may sneak in (and possibly Jonathan Groff although he's only in 8 minutes of Hamilton) but it seems like it definitely could happen; Hamilton and Shuffle Along and maybe The Color Purple? I don't like the show so I can't even recall if any of the men are big enough parts for nominations.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ScottK
#30Shuffle along casting
Posted: 8/9/15 at 11:50pm

What audience do you think wants either color purple or sprng awakening?

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#31Shuffle along casting
Posted: 8/10/15 at 1:26am

i made a thread just like this and you stole it from me

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Broadwaystar2
#32Shuffle along casting
Posted: 8/10/15 at 2:58am

Shuffle Along is NOT  a revival. I can garauntee that. It's the MAKING of Shuffle Along.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#33Shuffle along casting
Posted: 8/10/15 at 7:30am

Hamilton and Shuffle Along and maybe The Color Purple? I don't like the show so I can't even recall if any of the men are big enough parts for nominations.

Brandon Victor Dixon was nominated for his role as Harpo.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#34Shuffle along casting
Posted: 8/10/15 at 10:12am

Broadwaystar2, you cannot guarantee anything and it is silly for you to suggest otherwise. If Scott Rudin is strategizing and shaping his production to be a revival, there is at least a reasonable chance he knows more than you do and will get what he wants. People who become the president of major studios while still in the twenties have a habit of getting what they want.

Broadwaystar2
#35Shuffle along casting
Posted: 8/10/15 at 2:12pm

Hogan I can without a DOUBT garauntee it won't be a RevivalShuffle along casting

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#36Shuffle along casting
Posted: 8/10/15 at 2:28pm

im gonna become the president of a major studio in my 20s

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#37Shuffle along casting
Posted: 8/10/15 at 3:17pm

@Broadwaystar2-garauntee all you want. I was talking about guaranteeing.

@pinto-let's focus first on getting you out of school while you are still in your twenties.

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#38Shuffle along casting
Posted: 8/10/15 at 5:14pm

I am so very thrilled with the casting news! Can't wait to see the show Shuffle along casting

Videos