pixeltracker

OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater- Page 2

OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater

VintageSnarker
#25OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater
Posted: 7/28/16 at 1:12am

Broadway Concierge said: "Jefferson Mays is in The Front Page."

Thanks. It's hard to keep all the casting news straight sometimes.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#26OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater
Posted: 7/28/16 at 10:13am

clb10162 said: "Not only best play, but Michael Aronov and Anthony Aziz will almost certainly be competing in the Featured Actor category."

I think Jennifer Ehle will also earn a nomination- she does extremely compelling work in this, transcending the writing. The moment when she takes Aziz's character aside and whispers something to him is stunning. A simple action, but so loaded, so fraught.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#27OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater
Posted: 7/28/16 at 11:08am

VintageSnarker said: "Thanks. It's hard to keep all the casting news straight sometimes."

Of course! OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#28OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater
Posted: 7/28/16 at 3:24pm

I guess nothing is going in for this fall then? If so are they refurbing?

JIMG3
#29OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater
Posted: 7/28/16 at 5:02pm

Nothing as of yet. I suppose there's still the possibility of a rental for the fall, but LCT has Falsetto's opening at the Walter Kerr. The VB underwent a refurbishment when it was dark before The King and I. 

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#30OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater
Posted: 7/28/16 at 5:36pm

At various points in its history, the Beaumont sat empty for years at a time. If it sits empty until Oslo moves upstairs, the world will go on turning.  

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#31OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater
Posted: 7/28/16 at 7:46pm

defyingthenorm said: "Doesn't LCT usually try to put a play or two in between their Musicals in the Beaumont?"

War Horse, 2011, comes to mind. Including previews, it played over 1000 performances.

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#32OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater
Posted: 7/28/16 at 8:47pm

Over on the thread that was trying to cast Eliza in the LCT production of My Fair Lady, it was brought up that the Lerner and Loewe organization, much like the Rodgers and Hammerstien organization, must approve any new production.

The eyes of the world (slight exaggeration) will be fixed on Sydney, Australia about a month from now when the Aussie revival will open in the Sydney Opera House starring three time Olivier winner Alex Jennings as Higgins and Aussie sweetheart thirty year old Anna O'Rourke as Eliza. And of course Dame Julie Andrews will direct. Julie still looks great.

I was informed that normally Australian musicals do not tour or transfer internationally, but it does happen and this will not be just any musical.

In addition, a highly praised production by the French Théâtre du Châtelet will be pulling into Chicago next April to spend a month at the Lyric Opera House.

I can see why LCT and/or the L & L Organization would not think this a good time for another major production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWeJDTRDaxA

Meet Anna O'Byrne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7tTPZnyC3Q

Updated On: 7/28/16 at 08:47 PM

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#33OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater
Posted: 8/9/16 at 4:49pm

Can anyone comment on the seating plan for this theatre and show?  I'm looking at May 2017 tickets and wondering if the aisle seats on either Right Side or Left Side would be ok or is it better to be in Ctr Orch?  I usually like to be up as close as possible.  Any help would be appreciated!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#34OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater
Posted: 8/9/16 at 6:34pm

I'm also wondering if OSLO will simply be a limited run. Maybe until the end of 2017. MY FAIR LADY then comes in in spring 2018. I think it's smart to not have MFL & HELLO, DOLLY open in the same season.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

JIMG3
#35OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater
Posted: 8/10/16 at 8:50am

If you're interested in being as close as possible, then center orchestra would be ideal. Keep in mind that the VB has a thrust stage, so sitting futher back wouldn't be an issue. My recommendation would be row H in the 300 section. 

JIMG3
#36OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater
Posted: 8/10/16 at 9:00am

ACL2006 said: "I'm also wondering if OSLO will simply be a limited run. Maybe until the end of 2017. MY FAIR LADY then comes in in spring 2018. I think it's smart to not have MFL & HELLO, DOLLY open in the same season.

If it sells as well as it has in the Mitzi Newhouse, then the possibility of an extension is likely. Another factor will be Tony nominations and wins. It's always "interesting" to see the MFL rumor getting more attention. 

"

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#37OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater
Posted: 8/10/16 at 11:35am

JIMG3 said: "If you're interested in being as close as possible, then center orchestra would be ideal. Keep in mind that the VB has a thrust stage, so sitting futher back wouldn't be an issue. My recommendation would be row H in the 300 section. 

Thank you!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#38OSLO / Discount Code
Posted: 1/20/17 at 9:16pm

Orch: $89

Front Loge $79

CODE: OSDM16

telechargeoffers.com

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#39OSLO / Discount Code
Posted: 2/19/17 at 8:52pm

Can't decide if I want to see this or not. What are the thoughts on this one?

(I read the thread. Still unsure of the content). 

rebeccmam31
#40OSLO / Discount Code
Posted: 2/20/17 at 7:38am

Does anyone know if this is open-ended?  I looked on the website but couldn't really tell. It's something I would like to see but it doesn't fit into any scheduled trips I have.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#41OSLO / Discount Code
Posted: 2/20/17 at 10:54am

rebeccmam31 said: "Does anyone know if this is open-ended?  I looked on the website but couldn't really tell. It's something I would like to see but it doesn't fit into any scheduled trips I have.

"

It is currently only scheduled to run through June 18. If the run does as well as it did Off-Bway and/or if they receive all the Tony praise some are expecting, I don't see why it wouldn't extend through the summer. The Beaumont's next tenant, Junk, doesn't start until Fall. 

rebeccmam31
#42OSLO / Discount Code
Posted: 2/20/17 at 4:52pm

GreasedLightning said: "rebeccmam31 said: "Does anyone know if this is open-ended?  I looked on the website but couldn't really tell. It's something I would like to see but it doesn't fit into any scheduled trips I have."

It is currently only scheduled to run through June 18. If the run does as well as it did Off-Bway and/or if they receive all the Tony praise some are expecting, I don't see why it wouldn't extend through the summer. The Beaumont's next tenant, Junk, doesn't start until Fall.
"

Thanks a lot for this information. It helps with my planning.

Videos