pixeltracker

COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards- Page 2

COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards

RestingOtter
#25COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/2/17 at 7:06pm

That person says that they are just a seat filler in the comments and not a comet performer.

aimeric
#26COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/2/17 at 9:41pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "aimeric, was this the e-mail your friend got? According to the post, it's a Tony ticket e-mail
COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards

SaveSave

"

Could be.  I honestly don't know the details yet, and I haven't seen whatever email she's gotten, but I'm pressing her for more details, so hopefully she'll be able to tell me something more about it soon.  This whole idea of including "extras" in the performance has me really excited and scared......Could be a total disaster, but after so many years and so many "tents" for this show, I've learned to put faith in Rachel Chavkin and Mimi Lien's vision...

epeter
#27COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/3/17 at 7:55am

If that was the seat filler email, does anyone know if the Comet emails have gone out? I would think that would send an email either way, but who knows how something this unprecedented works. No email in the history of the world has been checked as obsessively as mine in the last couple of days.

willep
#28COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/3/17 at 7:58am

I would guess that they are using the extras like they were used in the Today Show appearance.

ameleigh
#29COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/3/17 at 9:06am

epeter said: "If that was the seat filler email, does anyone know if the Comet emails have gone out? I would think that would send an email either way, but who knows how something this unprecedented works. No email in the history of the world has been checked as obsessively as mine in the last couple of days.

"

Same here, I just want to know one way or the other!

iowaopoly08
#30COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/3/17 at 9:58am

Thinking positively, since they already laid out the required dates and times, they very well could wait till next week to contact people since the request was for locals anyways.

Here's to hoping!

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#31COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/3/17 at 12:44pm

willep said: "I would guess that they are using the extras like they were used in the Today Show appearance.

"

BroadwayWorld also said that the chosen ones will be on the balconies and the aisles. And since the chosen ones will be here in NYC all day on Thurs. and Fri., I'm assuming they're going to do more than sit down and do nothing

cdf1983 Profile Photo
cdf1983
#32COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/3/17 at 4:17pm

Yeah, it looks like we're still waiting on the Comet performers - I don't think that was for anything other than seat filling. 

ameleigh
#33COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/3/17 at 9:47pm

cdf1983 said: "Yeah, it looks like we're still waiting on the Comet performers - I don't think that was for anything other than seat filling. 

"

I really hope so!!

cdf1983 Profile Photo
cdf1983
#34COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/3/17 at 9:54pm

One person has posted on twitter that they were chosen. So that's one, but I wonder how many they were going to choose? 

disneybroadwayfan22
#35COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/3/17 at 10:16pm

cdf1983 said: "One person has posted on twitter that they were chosen. So that's one, but I wonder how many they were going to choose? 

"

Yup, here's the tweet. 

https://twitter.com/hayleystjames/status/871173299732086785

Odd that they're doing it on a weekend night?

iowaopoly08
#36COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/3/17 at 10:20pm

Ha!  She was the one at the album recording who had the book that Josh and Dave used to confirm lyrics!  Good for her!

cdf1983 Profile Photo
cdf1983
#37COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/3/17 at 10:25pm

So... the casting company it's through is open from 10-6 everyday except Monday... Would they send emails out this late? 

disneybroadwayfan22
#38COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/3/17 at 10:38pm

Nevermind! Biggest congrats to her!

Updated On: 6/3/17 at 10:38 PM

disneybroadwayfan22
iowaopoly08
#40COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/3/17 at 11:22pm

Interesting that the only two who posted know eachother lol.  Either a small world or less than a coincidence.

JustAnotherNewYorker
#41COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/4/17 at 12:25am

iowaopoly08 said: "Interesting that the only two who posted know eachother lol.  Either a small world or less than a coincidence"

Small world--it's a small world of the Broadway obsessed (I know one of the posters, and that person lives, eats and breathes Broadway)

cdf1983 Profile Photo
cdf1983
#42COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/4/17 at 12:40am

JustAnotherNewYorker said: "iowaopoly08 said: "Interesting that the only two who posted know eachother lol.  Either a small world or less than a coincidence"

Small world--it's a small world of the Broadway obsessed (I know one of the posters, and that person lives, eats and breathes Broadway)

"

I dunno... it just doesn't feel right, if that makes sense. Because no one else has said anything on any other social media about the emails. 

seahag2 Profile Photo
seahag2
#43COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/4/17 at 12:58am

And it's also interesting that they were both short-listed? I'm wondering how that's supposed to work.

so I smile like Mona Lisa and I lay my Visa down

PaulWom
#44COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/4/17 at 2:46am

My friend (who wishes to remain anonymous) just PMd me saying she got in. I guess this means they are sending out emails one at a time?

PaulWom
#45COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/4/17 at 2:50am

I also asked her if she knew either of the previous ppl who were chosen and she said she didn't, so guess it's just a coincidence.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#46COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/4/17 at 3:03am

I'm really good friends with one of the tweeters. Nothing shady at all.

disneybroadwayfan22
#47COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/4/17 at 5:06am

Oh snap! Sounds like it's glitching, which makes complete sense

https://twitter.com/rachel0w0miller/status/871251353078820865

ameleigh
#48COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/4/17 at 6:45am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Oh snap! Sounds like it's glitching, which makes complete sense

https://twitter.com/rachel0w0miller/status/871251353078820865

"

This whole thing is so weird

disneybroadwayfan22
#49COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/4/17 at 7:51am

Yup! With these girls getting the messages on a Saturday night, I knew right away something was wrong 

Videos