Taylor Louderman

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#25Taylor Louderman
Posted: 4/30/18 at 4:52pm

Liza's Headband said: "singer234 said: "Her comedic timing is impeccable, she is effortless, gorgeous, has one of the strongest contemporary musical theatre voices to ever hit the Broadway stage, manages to be both commercial and incredibly singular and unique at the same time. Let’s not forget this is the girl who was starring in Kinky Boots, the Clueless reading as Cher, the Pretty Woman reading, all within a year or so. She is probably the most sought after contemporary musical theatre actress there is today. To answer your question, she’s that good and the realest deal there is."

Hi, Taylor's Mom!
"

I would say Taylor is a great performer, but I would not say that she is the most sought after contemporary musical theatre actress out there.. I wouldn't even say she's that in demand. She is talented, yes. But talent doesn't mean in demand. She's been a working actress for the last year, which is great on her, people aren't lining up to cast her.

singer234
#26Taylor Louderman
Posted: 4/30/18 at 5:02pm

She has been a working actress since she was plucked out of college at 20 to star on Broadway. How is playing the lead in 2 Broadway musicals and workshops of 2 broadway bound musicals in the span of one year not being in demand? First of all- not taylor’s mom, long time lurker. Didn’t know who she was when i joined this board 10 years ago. She was in high school. Just think she’s very talented and the proof is in the pudding. In what, 5 years, she’s done Bring It On, Kinky Boots, Mean Girls, Ride The Cyclone, Peter Pan Live, multiple shows at Papermill/MUNY, the lead in workshops of Clueless, Pretty Woman, among lots of other work. Name me one other actress of her type in their 20s with that resume. Maybe Laura Osnes. I should have prefaced- the most in demand for contemporary pop musicals. She is Broadway’s “it” girl of the moment. 

Updated On: 4/30/18 at 05:02 PM

Lindsay is a goddess
#27Taylor Louderman
Posted: 4/30/18 at 5:12pm

singer234 said: "She has been a working actress since she was plucked out of college at 20 to star on Broadway. How is playing the lead in 2 Broadway musicals and workshops of 2 broadway bound musicals in the span of one year not being in demand? First of all- not taylor’s mom, long time lurker. Didn’t know who she was when i joined this board 10 years ago. She was in high school. Just think she’s very talented and the proof is in the pudding. In what, 5 years, she’s done Bring It On, Kinky Boots, Mean Girls, Ride The Cyclone, Peter Pan Live, multiple shows at Papermill/MUNY, the lead in workshops of Clueless, Pretty Woman, among lots of other work. Name me one other actress of her type in their 20s with that resume. Maybe Laura Osnes. I should have prefaced- the most in demand for contemporary pop musicals.She doesn’t have time for all the work people are throwing at her. Whether you like her or not doesn’t change that reality."

Most people aren't even aware of half her credits, and when you have to boil it down to contemporary pop musicals, can you still really call it in demand. She's very talented but I would argue actresses like Osnes and Mueller are the most sought after. Directors would throw themselves in front of a moving car to get either one of them in their show. That's called being in demand. Louderman auditions and gets work, and that's fantastic! Getting consistent work in this industry is nothing to turn your nose up at. I'm just saying that I don't see people "throwing" work at her. I see her trying to get work and succeeding. But that's not the same as being in demand.

singer234
#28Taylor Louderman
Posted: 4/30/18 at 5:17pm

True, Osnes and Soo and Mueller are all probably bigger draws. But she and they are not the same type. Of her *type*, I stand by that she is the go to girl for originating those roles at the moment. Perhaps it used to be Ashford, Bundy, etc. but their careers have taken different trajectories. I am not saying she is Broadway’s biggest star.

frapp2latte
#29Taylor Louderman
Posted: 5/1/18 at 10:59pm

Impossible2 said: "I thought her voice was just absolutely incredible, but I didn't rate her at all on her acting chops. Regina's role is kinda trimmed down to nothing and her thunder is completely stolen by Karen.

But then everyone's thunder was stolen by Karen.
"

Karen was the funniest one in the show tbh!  

That said, Taylor was great and definitely commanded people's attention. I think she deserves the nod. 

Updated On: 5/2/18 at 10:59 PM

dougs9797
#30Taylor Louderman
Posted: 5/2/18 at 12:07am

They've made Mean Girls, the musical an ensemble show but the heart of this production is Regina. Regina has to be strong and the actress playing Regina has to have star power just like Regina at North Shore would have to have had to compel the other plastics  and the school to submit to her will.

I'm sure changes have been made since D. C. but when I saw the show there I lost interest when she was offstage "recuperating" from her bus accident (which was brilliant in Casey Nicholaw fashion) She controls Act 1 then when she returns in Act II her comic chops are what sets her apart from a lot of other actresses although i doubt there are many that have her incredible vocal chops.

A very deserved nomination in my opinion. 

LaneBryant
#31Taylor Louderman
Posted: 5/2/18 at 4:09pm

singer234 said: "She has been a working actress since she was plucked out of college at 20 to star on Broadway. How is playing the lead in 2 Broadway musicals and workshops of 2 broadway bound musicals in the span of one year not being in demand? First of all- not taylor’s mom, long time lurker. Didn’t know who she was when i joined this board 10 years ago. She was in high school. Just think she’s very talented and the proof is in the pudding. In what, 5 years, she’s done Bring It On, Kinky Boots, Mean Girls, Ride The Cyclone, Peter Pan Live, multiple shows at Papermill/MUNY, the lead in workshops of Clueless, Pretty Woman, among lots of other work. Name me one other actress of her type in their 20s with that resume. Maybe Laura Osnes. I should have prefaced- the most in demand for contemporary pop musicals.She doesn’t have time for all the work people are throwing at her. Whether you like her or not doesn’t change that reality."

Are you sleeping with her? Yikes. She's also a white girl in Musical Theatre. There's 9,127 opportunities to be.....white in Musical Theatre. She's got a good team and a good instrument, but she is not God's gift. And none of those roles/shows do much to stretch her. She's just playing a lot of teen/20 yr old white girls. Bored. 
"

dougs9797
#32Taylor Louderman
Posted: 5/2/18 at 6:58pm

A very deserved nomination. Her Regina is the driving force behind everything that happens in Mean Girls. Louderman's strong Regina motivates everything that happens in the show. She's the catalyst. She has great vocal chops but what sets her apart is her Lucille Ball type willingness to do what it takes for the comedy. That was evident very early in her Broadway career; the mascot scene in Bring it On for example. She is an absolute dynamo, bringing great energy to the stage.

Impossible2
#33Taylor Louderman
Posted: 5/2/18 at 8:10pm

dougs9797 said: "A very deserved nomination. Her Regina is the driving force behind everything that happens in Mean Girls. Louderman's strong Regina motivates everything that happens in the show. She's the catalyst. She has great vocal chops but what sets her apart is her Lucille Ball type willingness to do what it takes for the comedy. That was evident very early in her Broadway career; the mascot scene in Bring it On for example. She is an absolute dynamo, bringing great energy to the stage."

HI Taylor x

BroadwayFan5
#34Taylor Louderman
Posted: 5/2/18 at 10:28pm

Seems like the Tony judges agree that Taylor Louderman deserves the nomination :)

I thinks its best to see the show before making any judgments. Taylor does a remarkable job. 

Lindsay is a goddess
#35Taylor Louderman
Posted: 5/3/18 at 11:13am

Just watched the Mean Girls performance on the Today Show and let me just say, I get it now.

I won't go so far as to say that I liked the song, but I could not take my eyes of off Louderman. She never sang and hardly spoke two sentences the whole time, yet she was the center of focus. At least part of that is owed to Casey Nicholaw's staging, but Louderman is so commanding and so transfixing that you can't help but watch her every move. Even when she's just walking in place, every move is so deliberate and so assured that it takes away any doubt you have that this is indeed the apex predator. Definitely a nomination-worthy performance.

Updated On: 5/3/18 at 11:13 AM

dwwst12 Profile Photo
dwwst12
#36Taylor Louderman
Posted: 5/3/18 at 11:30am

Louderman absolutely deserved the nomination.  And while this certainly isn't the greatest show in Broadway history, the Today Show performance reminded me that it *is* one of the strongest casts, vocally, that I've ever seen.  Particularly Louderman and Barrett Wilbert Weed.

KelseyRaylin
#37Taylor Louderman
Posted: 5/3/18 at 11:52am

Agreed! Maybe I went into the show as a pessimist.. but it has it's own life. Regina (Louderman) and Janis (Weed) definitely blew me away at their vocals. WOW! All leads are strong and ensemble is great.. definitely a light, poppy, bubbly show. I thought Louderman definitely deserved the Tony nom!

Videos