pixeltracker

To Bare on Not to Bare (NBC's Hair Live Issue)- Page 2

To Bare on Not to Bare (NBC's Hair Live Issue)

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#25To Bare on Not to Bare (NBC's Hair Live Issue)
Posted: 1/30/19 at 1:45pm

I also wouldn’t mind if they just bleeped the curse words and released the uncensored version on DVD later. I was wishing Fox had done that while watching Rent instead of having to listen to those cheesey revised lyrics.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#26To Bare on Not to Bare (NBC's Hair Live Issue)
Posted: 1/30/19 at 2:23pm

JudyDenmark said: "I couldn't care less if they cut the nudity or not... as others have said, it's not necessary to the show.

I'm a lot more worried about all of the inevitable language changes. Like, are they going to do "Sodomy" at all? "Colored Spade"?If I was a network censor, I'd be worried about a solid quarterof the show. As a big Hair fan... I'm cautiously optimistic. Maybe naively.
"

Also on the chopping/bowdlerized list:  Black Boys/White Boys; 3-5-0-0;  interjections in "Ain't Got No" and "I Got Life" won't have tits.  Also, "Give me head with hair" will change to "Give me a head with hair".  And how old will Donna be?  Still 16?

Updated On: 1/30/19 at 02:23 PM

MannPhan24601
#27To Bare on Not to Bare (NBC's Hair Live Issue)
Posted: 1/30/19 at 2:30pm

I keep wondering about the cast for this...

bk
#28To Bare on Not to Bare (NBC's Hair Live Issue)
Posted: 1/30/19 at 2:39pm

I find it fascinating, all the people who are obsessed with the nude scene of this show.  It will make no difference to the piece itself if it isn't done, and even within this thread you can see people talking about an actor who they saw nude at the Bowl and how they still remember what said actor looked like nude.  Sorry, Hair has and will survive without a nude scene that literally lasts a few seconds.  And perhaps the actors who might take part in such a scene understand that unlike the stage, these broadcasts can be DVRd, and then screen shots can make their way to the Internet.  And why would they do an uncensored version for home video?  So people can freeze frame and check it out?  On stage in dim light as originally done, is one thing.  On TV or home video it becomes something else.

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#29To Bare on Not to Bare (NBC's Hair Live Issue)
Posted: 1/30/19 at 3:39pm

ggersten said: "Also, "Give me head with hair" will change to "Give me a head with hair". "

No it won't, because that's what the line always was, poor diction notwithstanding... more than that, "give me a head with hair" is the only line that makes sense in the context of the song. Nothing else about it is sexual.

Also, I'm surprised everybody missed "Sodomy" in their ripe-for-censorship lists.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky
Updated On: 1/30/19 at 03:39 PM

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#30To Bare on Not to Bare (NBC's Hair Live Issue)
Posted: 1/30/19 at 4:41pm

I can see a fair amount of "Sodomy" going unchallenged, but someone's gonna pick out "pederasty," since the attitude on pederasty in gay culture has changed MUCH more drastically than attitudes to anything else in the show.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#31To Bare on Not to Bare (NBC's Hair Live Issue)
Posted: 1/30/19 at 5:17pm

bk said: "perhaps the actors who might take part in such a scene understand that unlike the stage, these broadcasts can be DVRd, and then screen shots can make their way to the Internet."

Bootlegs of the staged versions make their way online, too.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#32To Bare on Not to Bare (NBC's Hair Live Issue)
Posted: 1/30/19 at 5:37pm

Actors do nude scenes in movies all the time knowing we live in an age where somebody can digitally freeze the image on a dvd. Hasn’t stopped many of the major stars in hollywood from showing some skin.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

JSquared2
#33To Bare on Not to Bare (NBC's Hair Live Issue)
Posted: 1/30/19 at 7:30pm

QueenAlice said: "Actors do nude scenes in movies all the time knowing we live in an age where somebody can digitally freeze the image on a dvd. Hasn’t stopped many of the major stars in hollywood from showing some skin. "

All sorts of things can can be done in film can't be done on stage  it’s hard to cut to a body double on stage.  

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#34To Bare on Not to Bare (NBC's Hair Live Issue)
Posted: 1/30/19 at 7:37pm

JSquared2 said: "All sorts of things can can be done in film can't be done on stage it’s hard to cut to a body double on stage. "

It is? Lots of shows do it just fine... there's a brilliant use of a body double right now in...

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Network, where we watch Howard Beale dying from above, and then one of the onlookers turns around, and it's Cranston.

Videos