pixeltracker

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread- Page 2

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#25Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/12/20 at 10:30pm

I heard a cast member at the stage door say that they are making a cast album that if you play backwards becomes a trippy soundtrack to An Affair to Remember.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#26Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/12/20 at 10:37pm

Anyone else surprised that Erika Jayne becomes Clare Booth Luce in Act 2? As soon as the show concluded Andy Cohen tweeted that she was great but the rest of the cast is a little long in the tooth and the production felt tired. He also said he was promised four free tabs but they made him pay for two of them.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#27Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/12/20 at 10:44pm

At first I thought the free LSD was just a gimmick, but then when Act Two was supposed to start, I was having a flashback to Act one.  I don't think there actually was an Act Two.  

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#28Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/12/20 at 10:49pm

But, but, but...how did they get Cary Grant and Clare Booth Luce to soar on that flying carpet together?

Susanswerphone Profile Photo
Susanswerphone
#29Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/12/20 at 10:49pm

Miles2Go2 said: "Anyone else surprised that Erika Jayne becomes Clare Booth Luce in Act 2? As soon as the show concluded Andy Cohen tweeted that she was great but the rest of the cast is a little long in the tooth and the production felt tired. He also said he was promised four free tabs but they made him pay for two of them. "

That was Erika Jayne?! I thought it was her understudy, Divine.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#30Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/12/20 at 10:51pm

But we haven’t talked about the music. Let’s talk about the music...,

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#31Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/12/20 at 10:58pm

Miles2Go2 said: "But we haven’t talked about the music. Let’s talk about the music...,"

The score had some real highs. The Tao number for Tony Yazbeck I already see being performed at the Tony’s.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#32Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/12/20 at 10:58pm

Miles2Go2 said: "But we haven’t talked about the music. Let’s talk about the music...,"

The score had some real highs. The Tao number for Tony Yazbeck I already see being performed at the Tony’s.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#33Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/12/20 at 11:00pm

It was nice that Kitt finally found a place for “ Feeling Electric.”

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#34Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/12/20 at 11:07pm

Miles2Go2 said: "It was nice that Kitt finally found a place for “ Feeling Electric.” "

....although I’m not sure how I feel about it being used during that scene with Claire Booth Luce using a certain electric prod on Aldous Huxley.  

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#35Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/12/20 at 11:20pm

I mean, I know I should put this under a spoiler tag but I couldn't believe the twist towards the end of act 2. I mean I was curious who the very present narrator was but to reveal that the whole time it was all a sequel to Sunset Boulevard as seen thru the eyes of Joe Gillis, as he rises up to heaven... I was a little iffy on it at first but wow it all makes sense now. And then in that last scene when he meets up with The Starkeeper... the Boulevard Stage Universe is going to be epic guys. Crossovers ain't just for Marvel anymore!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#36Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/12/20 at 11:24pm

SouthernCakes said: "I just would love to see the show curtain or something!!! It’s exciting having a brand new cold open on Broadway!"

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BenElliott Profile Photo
BenElliott
#37Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/12/20 at 11:54pm

Why is no one talking about the Tony Yazbeck nude scene?!?!?!!!!!

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#38Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/12/20 at 11:56pm

BenElliott said: "Why is no one talking about the Tony Yazbeck nude scene?!?!?!!!!!"

DUDE! That was REAL?! I thought that was an effect of my LSD trip. Wow, not I feel awkward about that school group that was sitting behind me.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#39Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/13/20 at 12:02am

Scarlet Leigh said: "BenElliott said: "Why is no one talking about the Tony Yazbeck nude scene?!?!?!!!!!"

DUDE! That was REAL?! I thought that was an effect of my LSD trip. Wow, not I feel awkward about that school group that was sitting behind me.
"

I thought that was the elephant from Moulin Rouge! That trunk though... yes

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#40Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/13/20 at 12:05am

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#41Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/13/20 at 12:34am

Wow you guys must have been in the rear mezz because that wasn’t Tony naked, that was Carmen and that was the whole “Crying Game” twist at the end. If you didn’t pick up on that they definitely need to work on it before the show reopens.

jiaxing_26
#42Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/13/20 at 12:57am

So how was it???

BenElliott Profile Photo
BenElliott
#43Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/13/20 at 12:59am

jiaxing_26 said: "So how was it???"

One of the greatest musicals ever written.

bwaylvsong
#44Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/13/20 at 1:10am

I enjoyed it but thought that the Act 1 Finale needed work- having Cusack and Yazbeck dressed as conjoined twins and singing that obvious rip-off of “Who Will Love Me As I Am” was so contrived.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#45Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/13/20 at 1:15am

I liked that song but why was Erika Henningsen in blackface twerking in the background?

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#46Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/13/20 at 2:24am

Personally, what most surprised me was when Carmen broke into a mashup of "Hostess With the Mostess" and "If You Knew My Story". Was that supposed to be her eleven o'clock or did I miss something?

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#47Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/13/20 at 2:39am

Sorry, but I was highly offended by the Second Act opener in the Japanese Internment Camp.  "Frying Over Sunset" lead by Jodi Long was waaaay too racist for my virus stricken tastes.  

As bad was the opening number: "Huxley and Cary and Claire, Oh My!"

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#48Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/13/20 at 6:36am

My favorite was how they incorporated John Cage’s “4:33”. Yazbek was brilliant in it. I was so surprised since it was not on song list in the playbill.

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#49Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
Posted: 3/13/20 at 12:21pm

Wow, thanks for all of the reports, guys. This sounds fascinating. For anyone attending this weekend, keep us updated!

Videos