pixeltracker

BROOKE TANSLEY - NEW PENNY IN HAIRSPRAY- Page 2

BROOKE TANSLEY - NEW PENNY IN HAIRSPRAY

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#25re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BROOKE TANSLEY - NEW PENNY IN HAIRSPRAY
Posted: 3/26/04 at 12:28pm

I cannot fathom that!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#26re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BROOKE TANSLEY - NEW PENNY IN HAIRSPRAY
Posted: 3/26/04 at 12:30pm

"Feel The Rain Fall" is a feel good dancin in the aisles number

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#27re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BROOKE TANSLEY - NEW PENNY IN HAIRSPRAY
Posted: 3/26/04 at 12:48pm

Oh Amneris I know you weren't attacking me. You just seemed to think we had somthing against Brooke as a person and at least I don't. I have only meet her 2x's but she was nice both time I have nothing against her as a person or as a performer in general (is what I was trying to say).

I'll actually be at the show tonight (but I think I own everything you guys are selling lol)

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#29re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BROOKE TANSLEY - NEW PENNY IN HAIRSPRAY
Posted: 3/26/04 at 3:32pm

I don't have a clue who Brooke is so this is not to slight the young lady, however....GOD FORBID they hire some new outside talent to come into the role as opposed to bumping up the understudy and saving themselves $$$, which is about the only thing the Hairspray people have in abundance! It's lazy and it's cheap.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#30re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BROOKE TANSLEY - NEW PENNY IN HAIRSPRAY
Posted: 3/26/04 at 3:44pm

Hello? They've brought in new people too.
Matt Morrison was originally supposed to be in the ensemble and look, he became a STAR!! HAHA

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 3/26/04 at 03:44 PM

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#31re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BROOKE TANSLEY - NEW PENNY IN HAIRSPRAY
Posted: 3/26/04 at 3:52pm

Why bring in new and expensive people when the show's selling fine with lesser known and, yes, less expensive talent? Don't we all sit around whetting ourselves at the thought that producers will bump up some dedicated chorine instead of casting some evil established person?

Jack42
#32re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BROOKE TANSLEY - NEW PENNY IN HAIRSPRAY
Posted: 3/26/04 at 4:22pm

JohnPopa

Because secretly the producers love to cause as much stink on chatboards so they can read about it later. Wait until Tansley is booted (like what happened in The Producers) if she doesn't get laughs and they replace her with Hillary Duff

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity -- Harlan Ellison.

evanston
#34re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 3/27/04 at 12:00am

Hey, you got to give Brooke big props for getting the gig. I know her and she's good. Worked hard for this break.

TTL Profile Photo
TTL
#35re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 3/27/04 at 12:47am

NEATO! I never saw Brooke perform in Hairspray but on my way to a dance class at BDC.....I ran into her in Starbucks and we chatted while in line. She was very sweet. I hope she'll knock em dead in HAIRSPRAY! MY BEST To Her!

Thezbean
#36Bumping up is cheap?
Posted: 4/9/04 at 12:40pm

I just wanted to let you know that while I often agree that new talent should be given a shot, there is very little in the way of 'loyalty' in this business. It's refreshing to see it. Also, there is nothing cheap about replacing someone who was swinging 11 tracks AND covering 3 principals. The hair and wardrobe costs, alone, are enormous. 90% of the time, swings/understudies with that much responsibility will never get a chance to call a role their own. Now it's up to Brooke to make the most of this opportunity. And I know she will.

jezzebelle
#37I love Jenn too, but...
Posted: 4/19/04 at 11:41pm

I'm excited to see Brooke. I'm sure she'll grow more comfortable with the role as time goes by. And everybody gets compared to other people...Jenn probably got compared to Kerry, God knows Kathy got compared to Marissa, Chester got compared to Corey, Richard to Matt and so on...everybody's gonna have their favorites, and that's cool.

-Jess

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#38re: I love Jenn too, but...
Posted: 4/19/04 at 11:44pm

Matt and Richard are totally and completely different.

#39re: re: I love Jenn too, but...
Posted: 4/19/04 at 11:47pm

And Matt is the better of the two.

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#40re: re: I love Jenn too, but...
Posted: 4/19/04 at 11:48pm

I'm sorry I saw Brooke as Penny on Friday and she just isn't gettign the laughs to 75% of the jokes that Penny has. Jokes that former Penny's had no problem landing nightly. I REALLY hope she finds her way and gains her Pennyness I truly do, but sitting there on Friday I thoguht I was going to cry.

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!
Updated On: 5/15/04 at 11:48 PM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#41re: re: re: I love Jenn too, but...
Posted: 4/19/04 at 11:50pm

I guess being a dork just comes easier to some people. HAHA

Updated On: 4/19/04 at 11:50 PM

#42re: re: re: re: I love Jenn too, but...
Posted: 4/19/04 at 11:52pm

Im sure youd be great in the role phantom.

jezzebelle
#43re: re: re: re: I love Jenn too, but...
Posted: 4/19/04 at 11:52pm

Oh dear...that makes me a bit nervous. I was so sad when I found out Jenn was leaving because I loved her Penny so much...it's hard to imagine anyone else ever playing that role (people probably said that about Kerry, but I've never seen Kerry, so I don't know). Same goes for Matt. His Link was so unbelievable, it's hard to think of anyone else as Link. I'm biased, I guess. :)

-Jess

#44re: re: re: re: re: I love Jenn too, but...
Posted: 4/19/04 at 11:55pm

not as biased as me! :)

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#45re: re: re: re: re: re: I love Jenn too, but...
Posted: 4/19/04 at 11:57pm

Who you calling a geek?

#46re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I love Jenn too, but...
Posted: 4/19/04 at 11:59pm

Updated On: 4/20/04 at 11:59 PM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#47re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I love Jenn too, but...
Posted: 4/20/04 at 12:00am

You're the computer nerd, Miss <*br*>. HAHA

Updated On: 4/20/04 at 12:00 AM

#48re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I love Jenn too, but...
Posted: 4/20/04 at 12:01am

Updated On: 4/20/04 at 12:01 AM

jezzebelle
#49re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I love Jenn too, but...
Posted: 4/20/04 at 7:22am

When it comes to Matt, my dear, there's noone as biased as you.

:)

-Jess

Videos