pixeltracker

Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA- Page 2

Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA

bobbystrong
#25re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 4:06pm

TONYA PINKINS will take this award -

she is giving one of the most raw, powerful performances I have ever seen..

HunterFosterIsMyGod Profile Photo
HunterFosterIsMyGod
#26re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 4:08pm

think about it, guys- the Tony for the Wicked ladies---their vote may very likely be split, and it will go to one of the others! (donna, hopefully!)

idina didn't impress me as much as i thought she would.

Elphie Profile Photo
Elphie
#27re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 4:18pm

Just dont forget everyone that Bernadette Peters lost to the chubby Brooklyn girl last year. Anything can happen! Donna's veteran stardom may not get her the win this year. I'm really rooting for Idina. If she was nominated last year, hands down she would have gotten the award. But this year there is steep competition. Last year, everything was predicatble. Hairspray this, Hairspray that. Like A Year with Frog and Toad was going to beat Hairspray! Hahaha- Makes me laugh.

"They hear drums. We hear music."

skingdom
#28re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 4:54pm

In my humble opinion...

The Tony will probably go to Idina Menzel, but if not Tonya Pinkins

If anyone from Wicked were to get it it should be Kristin Chenoweth, she may be inauthentic, but she can deliver the goods and is perfect. Too bad the role of Elphaba is so ugh.

Donna Murphy is great, but she has two and they will take that into consideration and Wonderful Town isn't a great show.

And if I got to choose I would go with Ms. Pinkins.

Here_I_Go_Again
#29re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 5:36pm

to me...WONDERFUL TOWN was AMAZING!!! overall. i was thrilled to see that both Donna and Jennifer were nom. I have never seen a bad review of that show. it has an AMAZING support cast as well.

HunterFosterIsMyGod
#30re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 5:59pm

they do not take into consideration how many tony's the person already has.

DonnaMurphyRocks Profile Photo
DonnaMurphyRocks
#31re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 7:17pm

I think all these 5 actresses are wonderful, but I also think Donna should start writing her acceptance speech RIGHT NOW!!

"My little boy's home from the Big House!" - Angela Lansbury, Blue Hawaii

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#32re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 7:26pm

Donna Murphy was great, but I found that the show, not the production, is just so bland, its hard for Donna not to fall into that category.

Kristin was great, but tried a little too hard. Shes amazing though.

Idina. Everyone who saw Wicked couldnt stop talking about the green one.

Stephanie D'Abruzzo was great, but its not her year.

I havent seen Tonya Pinkins, so I cant comment on her performance.

It sounds cliche, but if it were up to me, id check off Idina's name on the ballot.

logan30
#33re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 7:31pm

and the winner is ... Tonya Pinkins. She gives the female musical performance of the season, voters will want to reward Tony Kushner and the producers for taking such a chance on a serious musical, and all the publicity Tonya has received won't hurt either. She's a shoo-in.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#34re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 7:49pm

I'm really beginning to think that Idina and Kristin are going to cancel each other out. I also think that there's a strong possibility Tonya will win.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

citylights
#35re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 8:09pm

I agree, Kristin and Idina will cancel each other out, but I would love for Idina to win. I don't think Stephanie will win (does it matter that this is her Broadway debut?), but will be a very strong contender in the future. Honestly though, I think the Tony will go to Tonya- she gave a well rounded performance in both singing and acting. I did enjoy Donna's performance a lot; she's really talented in physical comedy but I think Tonya is more deserving. This is the first year I've seen so many shows, and I can make an educated decision rather than "well I really liked this one show, and I haven't really seen the others..." I think this is going to be the most interesting category and I can't wait to see what happens!

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
#36re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 8:19pm

All I have to say about this is that I don't think I have heard of one actor, performance, etc. that Al Dente hasn't criticized!! Come on now, what's troubling you? Bitter about something or other I would presume? ........

HunterFosterIsMyGod
#37re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 9:19pm

i'm sad to say that i'm hoping that idina and kristin cancel eachother out. re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA.

Plum
#38re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 9:21pm

I'm perfectly fine with saying I hope Chenoweth and Menzel cancel each other out. I'm cheering for Tonya Pinkins. :)

Here_I_Go_Again
#39re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 9:29pm

really loved tonya's voice, but the show... umm not my fav. my vote is with DONNA 1st then the wicked girls

HunterFosterIsMyGod
#40re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 9:30pm

exactly, Here_I_Go_Again. very true.

1) donna
2) kristin
3) idina

to be exact. it's just that Kristin's comical timing was SO perfect!

Here_I_Go_Again
#41re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 9:36pm

hunterfosterismygod,,, I so AGREEE..all three are BROADWAY power houses, but your list order is flawless...

HunterFosterIsMyGod
#42re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 9:55pm

thank you. ::smiles::

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#43re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 10:00pm

Everyone of the ladies nominated is a star and they all impressed me.
But please don't forget Stephanie D'Abruzzo folks and Tonya Pinkins both of whom are nominated.
I love each of these performances and they are all stars.

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#44re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 10:11pm

I loved Stephanie, but she just doesn't have a chance this year with all of the other competition. She was great, but comparing to the other ladies, this Tony is not hers.

I am SO happy for her though, for being nominated. That is such an honor in itself.

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#45re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 10:22pm

Is it just me or are we all wishing that one of the shows opened last year and another would open next year so that at least 3 of these ladies can win a Tony. I have yet to see all of them, but from what people say they are ALL phenominal. It just sucks that its a one shot deal.

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

onlylisab Profile Photo
onlylisab
#46re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/10/04 at 10:39pm

I want one of the Wicked girls to win, of course. But I'm pulling for Idina because Kristin has a Tony. That's my reasoning....but I heart them both!

"First up was Max who sang "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" [...] I haven't seen that big of a reaction to a stair descent since Audra left the attic in Ragtime." --Seth Rudetsky

#47re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/11/04 at 12:21am

i loved wicked. both actresses were perfect.

i would love for idina menzel to win because her character was great and her singing is wonderful [and i still feel sad that she didn't win for rent]

but the role of glinda was written for Kristin Chenoweth. she has that character down to perfection and her singing is unbelievable; therefore, i think she should win if you're going by talent and not let emotions cloud you.

nevertheless, in the end i think they're going cancel each other out which is a shame because they were both so awesome.

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#48re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/11/04 at 12:23am

Idina is the best hands down.

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#49re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA
Posted: 5/11/04 at 12:25am

I do think that if either of them win, it will be Idina. Not that Kristen wasn't fabulous, but Idina's character was far more complex and she really sang the sh*t out if it!

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Videos