pixeltracker

What Are You NOT Looking Forward To- Page 2

What Are You NOT Looking Forward To

Plum
#25re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/29/04 at 7:36pm

At least Movin' Out has the virtue of really really good dancing. The other jukebox shows have no redeeming value as far as I can see.

#26re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/29/04 at 7:43pm

Good Vibrations: Total copy of Mamma Mia! and Justin Guarini

All Shook Up: Total copy of Mamma Mia! although it does appear to have a talented cast

Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang: I hated the movie why would I like this?

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#27re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/29/04 at 7:45pm

good vibrations
chitty chitty bang bang- saw clips from london, looks really stupid

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

insomniak
#28re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/29/04 at 7:52pm

Why don't you wait to hate Brooklyn until you've seen it? And why must you all incessantly bash it, no one is mean to the Caroline lovers.

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#29re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/29/04 at 7:54pm

ugh Good Vibrations.

jayem1968 Profile Photo
jayem1968
#30re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/29/04 at 8:35pm

All Shook Up - not an Elvis music fan
Good Vibrations - not a Beach Boys music fan
Brooklyn - so far, not impressed by the music

Chitty - IF (and only IF) Kudisch is in it....then I'll grit my teeth and go.

Everybody goes down well with beer.

milkengh Profile Photo
milkengh
#31re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/29/04 at 11:55pm

Good Vibrations: my answer is two-fold. One, the Beach Boys music wasn't ever good anyway, and two, it is replacing Caroline, Or Change!!!!!!!

Te cubrire.

Plum
#32re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/29/04 at 11:58pm

Insomniak, there are definitely people who pick on Caroline lovers. I'm not crying out for help from the mean bullies here, just pointing out a fact. Even the most popular opinions have their detractors here.

kissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
#33re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 12:06am

Good Vibrations which has the double curse of having Beach Boys music and starring Justin Guarini

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#34re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 3:35am

I know what I'm not looking forward to.

BROOKLYN FANGIRLS.

rockfenris2005
#35re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 3:44am

No more jukebox musicals!!!!!

SH*Tty SH*Tty has me frightened

Legally Blonde... It's gonna be a REAL bimbo!

And LORD OF THE RINGS. Plllllllleease!

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

wickedjfan
#36re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:41am

I've read on this board that Justin Guarini was really good in Good Vibrations - very different from his American Idol persona and that the show was a lot of fun. I love the Beach Boys music and am looking forward to this musical.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#37re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:48am

I look forward to every show.
I am not looking forward to travelling this week in this City though.
Will more cops ask me for idea. Will I be cuffed because I am tan.
Yeesh!

beachie
#38re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 8:04am

Well said, Corrine. Any show that provides entertainment AND work to actors should be approached with an open mind. That said, unless it' has really fresh staging, I don't see myself plunking down cash for full price tickets to see 'La Cage...'

I know Justin was in the GV workshop but he was not the lead and no casting for the Broadway show has been announced.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#39re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 8:24am

Corine, what the heck are you talking about?!? And, that was a rhetorical question.

afa_composerboy
#40re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 8:39am

I'm glad someone is addressing the issue of the "rock band" musicals. As someone who writes new musicals, it's disheartening to see producers just taking songs of a rockband and trying to fashion a story around them. what ever happened to songs that come organically from the book? Why do we bother to write new, interesting music and/or lyrics when all the producers want are old rock songs? I heard now that they're making Pink Floyd's the Wall in to a musical...add that too All Shook Up, Good Vibrations, We Will Rock You (which I saw in London and laughed at how awful it was for 2 hours...and I like Queen), there's also a 4 Seasons musical starting at La Jolla. what is Bway coming to?

Ok I'm done..thanks for letting me rant. :)

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#41re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 2:12pm

Why is it when you try to have any discussion here, people pull out the old, tired "We need to support everyone and everything is wonderful" card.

This discussion is not about putting people out of work, closing shows or hiring non-Equity performers (threw that one in for the babies who keep whining about that).

It's about what subject matter is being presented and how well the producers are marketing their product. A Broadway show is no different from your toothpaste or asprin. The most attractive and quality product will last. That's what this discussion is about. Crap Broadway shows do no one any good. Even if they employ 50,000 performers.

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

afa_composerboy
#42re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 3:53pm

ok I'm not sure if that last message was disputing or supporting what I was saying.

Eyemakeup3 Profile Photo
Eyemakeup3
#43re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 4:01pm

There is some great stuff coming in, what I'm not looking forward to is the small minds that continue to embrace small-minded pap, give some excitement a chance!

"Real friends are very special, but you have to be careful because sometimes you have a friend and you think they are made of rock, then suddenly you realise they're only made of sand." Maria Callas (American soprano. 1923-1977)

afa_composerboy
#44re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 4:05pm

Yeah..also give young writers with new voices a chance too

suzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
#45re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 4:59pm

ok, I must clear this up. Good Vibrations DOES NOT star Justin Guarini. He has a very small part. In fact, I never watched American Idol and therefore didn't recognize him when I saw the show (apparently he got a hair cut). You don't even hear his character's name until half way through the second act. Secondly, he was actually really good. No ego at all - he blended in with the rest of the ensemble. His voice is well suited for the music.

KMF_NYC Profile Photo
KMF_NYC
#46re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 5:01pm

there is not much so far for next season I am terribly excited about....

"Sir K, the Viscount of Uppity-shire...." -- kissmycookie

wickedjfan
#47re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
Posted: 8/30/04 at 6:02pm

The most attractive and quality product will last.>>

So are you saying quality on Broadway is determined by how long a show lasts? In that case the jukebox musicals are doing great and making big bucks.

As for Guarini, his name is probably mentioned more because he was the most "known" in the cast.

Videos