News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Nicest Person at Stage Door- Page 2

Nicest Person at Stage Door

cjoyce
#25re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/9/04 at 1:23pm

Although others may think differently, I think Idina is the best at the stage door. Kristin Chenoweth, Jennifer Laura Thompson and Joey McIntyre are pretty nice too.
Take a look at my photos. Updated On: 11/9/04 at 01:23 PM

ElphieZ
#26re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/9/04 at 1:39pm

Sutton Foster. So down to earth and she doesn't carry that "I'm a star" aura. You just want to be her friend!

Alice Ripley is also great. She has an incredible memory and will remember people years later!

Yankeefan007
#27re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/9/04 at 4:27pm

doug sills, hugh jackman, antonio banderas, jason biggs, idina menzel, roger bart, susan egan, jennifer thompson, joey macintyre, george hearn, brooke shields, the cast of bklyn, avenue q, and dracula

jmaclover Profile Photo
jmaclover
#28re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/9/04 at 4:29pm

This isn't such a long post.

"I've often said I should put sweets in my chair - they'd spend less time on my a** that way....." ~F.W.B.

cliffarico
#29re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/9/04 at 6:14pm

Patty Duke

Hope
#30re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/9/04 at 8:14pm

Sutton Foster is really nice. Also, Bernadette Peters, John Dossett, and Kate B. were the greatest. I'd love to meet Joey Mac!

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#31re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/9/04 at 8:22pm

Sutton Foster.

Ad_Libbing
#32re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/9/04 at 8:23pm

Caren-Lyn Manuel was extremely nice when I got the chance to talk to her.

"'But do you really mean, sir,' said Peter, 'that there could be other worlds --all over the place, just round the corner-- like that?'

'Nothing is more probable,' said the Professor..."

-The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

check your personality Profile Photo
check your personality
#33re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/9/04 at 10:12pm

Even though I feel like I just responded to this re: Nicest Person at Stage Door

Of course Susan Egan, no secret there.

I also loved meeting the cast of Movin' Out, John Selya in particular, he was very gracious and fun to talk to.

And while we are on the subject, Eden Espinosa was extremely nice as well.

broadwaybound3 Profile Photo
broadwaybound3
#34re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/9/04 at 10:24pm

again- Avenue Q. They are so sweet and happy all the time.

broadwaybound3 Profile Photo
broadwaybound3
#35re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/9/04 at 10:24pm

Kris2 Profile Photo
Kris2
#36re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/9/04 at 11:13pm

I don't usually stage door, but my friends typically stick around. You meet some great people.

Just about everyone in the Rent cast is super sweet. D'Monroe, Jeremy Kushnier, Karmine Alers, Kelly Karbacz, and Mayumi Ando especially. Seriously though, everyone I've encountered there has been great. Caren Lyn Manuel is a doll and so is her mom. Glad she's coming back to Rent.

Cheyenne Jackson is incredibly gracious and nice. Jeffrey Carlson seemed so genuine and kind too (but he's so skinny and fragile, it looks like you could break him!).

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#37re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/9/04 at 11:25pm

Q

luvWICKED416 Profile Photo
luvWICKED416
#38re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/10/04 at 12:07am

Again i must step up to the challenge... gladly!

Lisa Brescia...

and the Q cast, def!

VivaBohemia Profile Photo
VivaBohemia
#39re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/10/04 at 12:07am

I caught Stephen Trewksbury on the Les Mis tour last April, hes a sweetheart as well! Someone gave him a bear dressed as Javert, and she cleverly called it a "Ja-bear" and he gave her the biggest hug. Very cool to talk with.

Jeremy Kushnier too, obviously :) But he really is too nice.

*Krissy* **Support the use of illegal wood burning stoves. Get your own metal trash can today!**
Updated On: 11/10/04 at 12:07 AM

billygoatgirl300
#40re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/10/04 at 4:58pm

The cast of Mamma mia was wonderful but I think Joe Machota was the best he complimented me on my outfit I wore that night. Also Judy Kaye was great we have a photo of her and me together.

Donnay Murphy is also very nice even though she came out late she was able to talk with all of us at the stage door.

The towel waving reminded me of a Per?nist rally. I kept chanting "Evita!" whenever they'd pan to the crowds. - SM2

#41re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/10/04 at 8:07pm

Ditto for Susan Egan. So Sweeeeeeeeet. Saw her after a Millie Show. Tooks pics and chatted with everyone for a long time.

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#42re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/10/04 at 8:19pm

I am the one who gave him the bear. Thanks for mention me. :)
Yeah, that is really a warm experience. The whole cast are wonderful people.

I caught Peter Lockyer in POTO tour. He is the sweetest guy I ever met. No word can describe how appreciated I feel for the conversation with him.

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#43re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/10/04 at 8:24pm

I've never had a particuarly bad stage door experience. But then, I don't try to talk to people who seem to be in a hurry or on their phones, so I tend to think that that helps.

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll

broadwayguy2
#44re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/10/04 at 8:26pm

as I have said, I RARELY stage door.. but I will make a few mentions --

Adam Fleming
Serge Kushnier
John Hill
Jenna Leigh Green
Tracy Jai Edwards
Brooke Tansely
John jeffrey Martin

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#45re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/10/04 at 11:51pm

Everyone in the cast of Little Women was extremely nice. Especially Janet Carroll and Sutton. Sooo friendly.

Everyone at Wicked was really nice too, even though the crowd was ridiculous.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

VivaBohemia Profile Photo
VivaBohemia
#46re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/11/04 at 12:10am

Sanda!!! That was you!!! Aww I loved Stephen! and the Bear was adoreable :0D

*Krissy* **Support the use of illegal wood burning stoves. Get your own metal trash can today!**

GretchaSketh
#47re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/11/04 at 12:34am

What is your dream role?
My dream role would be to be myself. To be performing at the Hollywood Bowl and to have an audience there just to see me, as Stephanie. They are there because they like what I do as a singer, an artist and a person (the last being the most important). I enjoy escaping and portraying other characters, but to be accepted and wanted as yourself... that's amazing! --Stephanie J. Block Just one of the many reasons I admire and respect Stephanie!!

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#48re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/11/04 at 1:22am

Without a doubt, the cast of Avenue Q. I finally saw the show last night and even though it was bitterly cold outside, the cast stopped outside to take photos and sign and talk with the people who were waiting outside.

Take a look in my fan photos section, I posted the pix early this morning. (I'd post them for you, but I don't know how...)

Chrysanthemum62001
#49re: Nicest Person at Stage Door
Posted: 11/11/04 at 1:29am

When I met John Tag's after Hair, he was so generous with his time. There were a ton of people there, and he talked to EVERYONE and signed everything. I was really impressed with how well he handles the whole stage door thing. He just seemed so genuine. It can be very awkward sometimes for a whole bunch of different reasons, but that night, he made me a fan for life.
Glad you had a good time!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Videos