Mary Poppins Video

rayoflight104 Profile Photo
rayoflight104
#25re: Mary Poppins Video
Posted: 11/22/04 at 5:53pm

Thanks for sharing the link!!! The show looks really awesome....

Chrysanthemum62001
#26re: Mary Poppins Video
Posted: 11/22/04 at 6:24pm

I. LOVE. IT.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#27re: Mary Poppins Video
Posted: 11/22/04 at 6:47pm

Come to Broadway Mary!! re: Mary Poppins Video

Yankeefan007
#28re: Mary Poppins Video
Posted: 11/22/04 at 7:10pm

far out....just felt like saying that

starfromafar Profile Photo
starfromafar
#29re: Mary Poppins Video
Posted: 11/22/04 at 7:58pm

Ohhh.. I was so super nervous to see this because I ADORE Mary Poppins the movie and I tend to dislkie remakes and reinterpretations for the most part... But, with that said I think this was so well done..Laura Michelle Kelley,wow what a voice. She reminded me so much of Julie Andrews in the movie but yet gave the character a life of its own seperate from Julie's version...Quite an accomplishment on her part I must say. Hope that this makes its way to broadway..but if not I'm going to London this summer so hopefully I can catch it there.

broadway geek Profile Photo
broadway geek
#30re: Mary Poppins Video
Posted: 11/22/04 at 9:10pm

I liked, it. I've been following Laura Michele Kelly since I got to see her in My Fair Lady. Looks good, can't wait to get the CR.

vjRichie Profile Photo
vjRichie
#31downloading vs streaming the video
Posted: 11/22/04 at 10:57pm

Try downlaoding the clip (rightclick and save as) It took me a few times but it finally downloaded in under 10 minutes...

"I've had two years to grow claws, Mother, and they're Jungle Red!" Mary Haines - The Women

bwaybabe85 Profile Photo
bwaybabe85
#32downloading vs streaming the video
Posted: 11/22/04 at 10:59pm

Wow. The show looks amazing! I loved the film version as a child, and the stage version looks great from the 12 minute clip as well.

#33downloading vs streaming the video
Posted: 11/22/04 at 11:27pm

Woo HOOO!!!!!!!! Can't Wait.

perfusion Profile Photo
perfusion
#34downloading vs streaming the video
Posted: 11/23/04 at 3:00pm

I agree it looks smashing.

JBSinger
#35Mary rocks
Posted: 11/24/04 at 1:42pm

It looks fantastic! When I first heard the Mary Poppins girl on the Fiddler revival CD, I was a little worried. It turns out she is "practically perfect." She totally has that Julie Andrews lyrical chest voice thing going on. The Bert is adorable/hot and I bet he steals the show. Can't wait for the album and the US premiere. I am wondering if the Sherman Bros. wrote the modified lyrics for Supercalif.. and Chim chim.
In response to the people who are being snarky about it not being a carbon copy of the film. Cameron McIntosh has had the rights to the books for years and wanted to keep the stories linked more to the originals, but obviously knew the public wouldn't accept the stage show without the Disney music. One of Disney's stage failings has always been the verbatim usage of movie dialogue in the stage shows. hopefully here (like the German Hunchback) they will break that trend and defy expectations with Mary Poppins. Here's a to a new "glittering star in the firmament." :)

vidkidd
#36Mary rocks
Posted: 12/8/04 at 3:58am

Hi there, I couldnt get the clip to download, and today when I tried to find it it said it was removed... IF anyone has the Download, can they EMAIL it to me???? I'd be eternally grateful!!!

Thanks!

Dave

Gypsy2 Profile Photo
Gypsy2
#37Mary rocks
Posted: 12/8/04 at 2:44pm

The link doesn't work. *sad*

You know it and you want it... you just can't believe you've got it.

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#38Mary rocks
Posted: 12/8/04 at 2:47pm

The link doesn't work for me either... *cries*

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

Allie
#39Mary rocks
Posted: 12/8/04 at 3:24pm

I have the video saved on my computer, if anyone wants it.

Videos