RENT Film

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#25re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 11:28pm

I noticed in the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels photo coverage that Adam Pascal's hair is quite long in a 1980s-ish way. Any thoughts as to whether he plans to keep it like that for the filming? (I wonder the same thing about Rosario's cut for SAG awards)

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#26re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 11:30pm

I hate that they are taking out the dialogues... I think that it could have added an interesting spin to the movie. While they aren't my favorite songs from the show, I still think it would add a part to the movie to make it more of a movie musical... but nevertheless I can't wait!

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#27re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 11:33pm

Where...not that I have stalkerish intentions...but I'd just love to walk by and take a peak if I'm around. :)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#28re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 12:38am

Adam's been growing his hair out like no other since at least June. I guess it's okay in terms of the 80's thing, and since Roger doesn't really leave the loft or anything, but he looks like he's just rolled out of bed. I know on the film they'll have makeup and hair stylists and stuff, but he either needs some help or some scissors, which I will *gladly* provide. I love him, but this isn't working.

And guys. Undisclosed locations. Stop asking.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#29re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 12:39am

<~ so excited for the film

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

luvtheEmcee
#30re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 12:41am

<-- getting there. Still a few reservations, I suppose.

Updated On: 3/5/05 at 12:41 AM

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#31re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 12:42am

I was BORN to see this movie

...ok that's taking it a little far, but with most of the OBC coming back, I'm getting pumped

...another thing im getting pumped for is the wicked tour. GO stephie and kendra!!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

luvtheEmcee
#32re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 12:44am

*grins forever*

Updated On: 3/5/05 at 12:44 AM

alli2
#33re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 12:51am

ooh guys, really save the board from this thread. just go google the topic of 'rent movie script' and download and see what they've cut and what they've kept.

they DID keep Tango:Maureen, and they replaced a lot of the songs by just making it dialogue (aka You Okay Honey? On The Street, etc.). Just google it.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#34re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 12:55am

Except, that the script isn't really an accurate reflection of what the movie is going to include and be. Better to read the Anthony Rapp thread.

(hint: you don't have to read every post, just look for his Whiteboy Spice messages)

luvtheEmcee
#35re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 12:56am

That's not really a solution, see, because that script is constantly changing. The ones online are:
1. The very first original draft
2. Columbus' first draft, and the second "official" draft
3. A fan's adaptation of what it "should" be.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#36re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 12:57am

I think it will be TRES interesting to see what is changed to dialogue, etc...wow SO excited

awkward.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#37re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 1:28am

I'm assuming they'll be filming in and around the actual East Village if they want to give the film some authenticity. Word is bound to get out as soon as trailers, cameras, lights and sound equipment are spotted in and around the city. Updated On: 3/5/05 at 01:28 AM

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#38re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 1:34am

I just hope it doesn't become too big of a scene and cause problems for the production.

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#39re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 1:43am

Yeah that script, while being mostly official, is a very early version. Anthony himself said that alot of stuff has already changed from that online script and filming hasn't even started yet. Scenes are even edited on the day of filming with last minute dialogue changes etc so I wouldn't put too much of an emphasis on that script. But either way, still SO excited to see it! And am eccstatic that they are coming down to LA for a few weeks. I know there is no chance of making anything out of that but its nice to know they are in the same town as I am.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

luvtheEmcee
#40re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 1:45am

It doesn't necessarily all have to happen in the East Village.

My lips are sealed.

Dreamcatcher
#41re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 1:47am

Where exactly are these pics of Adam with long hair? I am intrigued....

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

luvtheEmcee
#42re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 1:52am

BWW's photo coverage, Broadway.com's photo-op and wireimages - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels opening night.

Dreamcatcher
#43re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 1:54am

Thanks Emcee. It just dawned on me though to check the Adam Pascal love thread and found the pic there. Man and I thought the Anthony thread was long....*falls over*.

luvtheEmcee
#44re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 1:55am

ha!

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#45re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 2:03am

re: RENT Film

Evelyn and others may be interested in this picture of Rosario - very Mimi looking, though I don't know how recent it is.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#46re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 2:14am

Rosario's hair is much longer now but I have no idea how they will have her wear it in the film.

And it's okay luvtheemcee you can keep your little secrets to yourself. you're not impressing me one bit.

^^ take that as you wish. Updated On: 3/5/05 at 02:14 AM

luvtheEmcee
#47re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 2:17am

Hey hey hey. I'm not flaunting secrets or trying to impress anybody. I don't give a damn how impressed you are or not. I'm saying that I am actually not permitted to tell where the film is being shot. Just trust me when I tell you that there are several varied locations being used throughout the city. This isn't just some rumour I've picked up on the internet. I'd like to think my posts hold a little more merit around here than that. And I *did* respond with the information you were initially looking for, so there's really no need to be snarky.

Rosario's hair is longer now, but I've seen some pictures of it curled, and she looks beautiful. She certainly looks the part, if nothing else.

Updated On: 3/5/05 at 02:17 AM

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#48re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 2:29am

I didn't accuse you of picking up any of "this information" on the internet. I wasn't questioning "the merit" of "your posts".
What I was trying to say in so many words is to stop posting things like: "my lips are sealed", etc. I think everyone here has gathered you aren't going to post any of that information because you can't. I think we all got the message the first time.

Hope this post wasn't too "snarky" for you. Updated On: 3/5/05 at 02:29 AM

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#49re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 2:32am

I'm a lot less concerned with what might be cut than with the overall reaction that I (and others) will have to the film. I think I can leave it happy even if the voicemails are omitted.

On the other hand, I would be pleasantly surprised if Contact were incorporated into the film - or, at the very least, a deathbed scene for Angel that's similarly dark.

Videos