Greekmusicalfan
#25re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 1:59pm

Deal !!!!! :)

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#26re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 2:01pm

If Adam's gonna be in Tarzan, I will buy my tickets RIGHT NOW!!!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#27re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 2:04pm

I'm moving into the theatre. NOW.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#28re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 2:05pm

Would love to be Matt's dresser for the run of the show.

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

insomniak
#29re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 3:16pm

I don't think I could sit through this even if it WERE Adam in the loincloth. Those songs make me want to throw something.

Anyone wanna speculate on the reception of this show?

luvtheEmcee
#30re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 3:18pm

Similar to AIDA's, I'd guess.

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#31re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 3:19pm

Not that I am proud of this, but I can withstand alot more drek on stage with semi nude/nude performers, than I can with fully clothed ones. Don't really care about the reception it may receive - Matt in a loincloth for 2 hours?? I will happily pay my $100.

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

sassypanz
#32re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 3:42pm

Laura Bell Bundy may be in it. She told me herself.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#33re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 3:50pm

They also need to cast understudies/stand bys.

IMsooHyprToday Profile Photo
IMsooHyprToday
#34re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 4:10pm

maybe they are planning on keeping matt morrison but need to find some good/hot understudies?!

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#35re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 4:21pm

Em, better buy a lottery ticket and hope your numbers come in!

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

JBSinger
#36re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 4:25pm

With a strong design concept and powerful score (hopefully they will keep Mark Mancina's underscoring and Africa flavors) - this could be a really exciting project. I just HOPE they steer clear of most of the movie dialogue. It is the Disney curse that for all their artistry on stage, the transfer of overly familiar dialogue to stage is always a bomb. I'm all for some humor, but this is a serious story with life/death issues and lots of action. That should be enough. It will be interesting to see how Phil Collins progresses as a theatrical lyricist since now the characters will actually be singing to each other (instead of background music).
My one question is: if this is going up in 05/06, when is Mary Poppins supposed to hit NYC?

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#37re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 4:30pm

i think i'll start alternating my free time between working out and singing re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon

::bust a move::

#38re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 4:30pm

I like the idea of Laura Bundy as Jane and the idea of Chris Fitzgerald back on Broadway is just an awesome idea, hopefully hew will take the role he had in the workshop :crosses fingers:

Rentaholic2
#39re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 4:35pm

I can see them casting Cheyenne

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#40re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 4:36pm

Cheyenne would be perfect for Tarzan. I am feeling faint from the mental images!

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#41re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 4:42pm

*sticks out thumb to hitchhike self to New York, cause Florida sucks when it comes to theatre...IT SUCKS*. If we're really lucky, Adam will come on stage one night in the loincloth (and I want pictures if I can't get there) and we can drool all over the theatre. I wanna see Adam in a loincloth!!! However, Matt in a loincloth is almost as good! =8->

*plots to sneak some way up to New York*

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

RentBoy86
#42re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 5:46pm

This is my least fav. disney movie. I would have loved to see them do Aladdin, but I guess they already have a theme park show based on this. I don't like the phil collins score either, too cheesy. Hopefully he's gotten better. What's next Lilo & Stitch the musical? please... Broadway's gonna be full of disney shows, uk tranfers, jukebox musicals, and musicals based on movies...ugh.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#43re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 6:01pm

My friend actually plays Aladdin in Disney World.
Like baddadnpa, I could probably watch a not-so-good show if there were men in loincloths. I mean, I willingly sat through Mamma Mia! and was tempted to see Good Vibrations. Haha.

~Steven

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#44re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/13/05 at 9:22am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

luvtheEmcee
#45re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/13/05 at 10:14am

There's a Variety article that says it'll get another workshop this summer.

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=upsell_article&articleID=VR1117922698&categoryID=15&cs=1

Videos