pixeltracker

Anyone else ever afraid to post?- Page 2

Anyone else ever afraid to post?

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#25re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:08am

Okay? What's the worst that could happen? The post goes away in 2 days and nobody remembers it anyway.

Besides, I find that there are some very mature people on here and you can usually tell who they are. There's enough room to weed out the bull**** and talk to each other as theatre people...so if you're afraid (or afriad) to post, I can't imagine what giving a speech in your English class is like for ya.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#26re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:22am

Constructive friendly criticism is fine, but this is not a place to get all John Simon on people and personally attack anyone. Doing so is an insult to this beautiful community we have here. So think first before you make your next below-the-belt remark. You don't know what's going on in someone else's life and something you say could really hurt their feelings. We all share a passion for theater, so let's enjoy it and have some constructive dialogue, that's what these message boards are for.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

MissMonika Profile Photo
MissMonika
#27re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:25am

yea, sometimes it's a little intimidaing to post things but then i just had to learn to let things go and remember not to take some of the things people say too seriously.

Yes, I'm pinay. And I'm proud of it!

#28re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:25am

I'm afraid to post which is why I rarely do it and when I do I get picked on for something or other -- that's why I usually just look around (it's safer that way) Maybe I just don't belong here, afterall, not everyone does.

TVBoy Profile Photo
TVBoy
#29re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:34am

I think you have to take this board for what it really is... a public forum for people who love drama.

I've posted this before and I'll post it again. It's words to live by:

People of high intelligence talk about issues.
People of average intelligence talk about things.
People with no intelligence talk about other people.

"I'm not a catcher! I'm a piano player!" -- Schroeder from "Peanuts" ----- http://www.facebook.com/p/Brandon_Bartlett/500719306

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#30re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:40am

TVBoy,

That is dead on funny! I've noticed that same thing on this boards and boards like this! Too many posters end up talking about other people...in terribly disparaging ways!

Thanks for that list!

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

Wanna Be A Foster
#31re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:44am

Thanks TV Boy, those are words to live by.

I have an issue to discuss though, is that you in that photo? You're quite the hottie.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

TVBoy Profile Photo
TVBoy
#32re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:48am

You all are welcome. My Grandmother actually cut that saying out of a newspaper once and gave it to me. I don't know if she thought I was talking about other people or what :) I took it as a hint. I try to live by it. It makes things much better.

Yes, that's me in the pic.

"I'm not a catcher! I'm a piano player!" -- Schroeder from "Peanuts" ----- http://www.facebook.com/p/Brandon_Bartlett/500719306

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#33re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:52am

I too have felt the intimadation of posting my honest thoughts. Some people are just really moody. But that's the key. As long as your not being bitchy and trying to provoke hostility....its not your issue. Unhappy and critical people enjoy being that way. They very rarely change. So if someone doesn't like what you wrote...remember, who cares. It's not as if we all know each other outside the boards. I'm sure some do, but not most. You can't give someone you don't know that much power.
Hope I made sense.
Updated On: 6/9/05 at 01:52 AM

Wanna Be A Foster
#34re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:54am

Can I ask you out? :)

-Kad

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#35re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:55am

So true, your statement about allowing those negative, name calling posters that much power.

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

TVBoy Profile Photo
TVBoy
#36re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:56am

Sure, but which one are you... Sutton or Hunter? :)

#37re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:59am

TVBoy - that saying is a classic one - and your grandmother was a wise woman for sharing it re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?

Wanna Be A Foster
#38re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:59am

Hunter. But about 12 years younger and much cuter. re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?

-Kad

#39re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 3:09am

so that makes you 24?

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#40re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:55am

SumOfAllThings: I agree that part of surviving in the theater is getting used to rejection. But what this poster is saying has nothing to do with that. It has to do with common courtesy and there is something about the anonymity of the internet that brings out the worst in people. They feel they can say ANYTHING because they don't have to say it to a person's face.

Sorry, but that behavior is immature and shows a distinct lack of intellect and breeding. You can always disagree respectfully.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#41re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 9:08am

If people don't like what you post, fuc* em. It's a free country.

mandy2loveRB
#42re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 9:10am

I am new to this board and I am so afraid os posting...not because someone will attach me, but, because you have to make sure you do your research thoroughly before opening your mouth...If you post something stupid (not knowing information enough) people tend to treat you like an idiot. Some of you are really kind enough to tell you about the issue but some others...

As an American not growing up in the US, the common sense to you is not the common sense to me. I lack of some basic information...but so does everyone. I know more about Asian culture than most of you...so sometimes I really feel like "oh...can I say this or does is sound so ignorant?"

mikewood
#43re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 9:31am

The worst thing for me is I see it from both sides.... I go onto the boards while at work, and on a particularily tough day, my grumpiness tends to overwhelm my common decency... thank goodness for "edit"!

BLAH BLAH BLAH

vbplayer Profile Photo
vbplayer
#44re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 9:31am

Nicely put SamIAm. I'm glad this thread was started.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -- Author Unknown

mikewood
#45re: Anyone else ever afraid to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 9:33am

The only thing that really aggravates me is when someone repeats a thread... ignore it if you don't want to post...I see no need to be nasty about it and see absolutely no point in posting the old thread link.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

freeadmission Profile Photo
freeadmission
#46re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 9:36am

This seems like a good place to introduce myself. re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?

*waves*

Hey, I've been lurking for about a month, not afraid to post, just not sure my first post should be in some of the more volitile threads I've been interested in posting in. I HAVE heard rumors of mean people over here, but that's mostly from overly obsessive Idina or Wicked fans (I, myself, am merely obsessive, the "overly" part doesn't apply).

*looks at avvie*

Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed Little Women. Deal with it. re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?

#47re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 9:43am

". . . no point in posting the old thread link."

Actually, I've done that sometimes just so all the responses to the same issue are in one place - but I try to always indicate that that's my intention.

cserannie
#48re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 9:53am

I was afraid of posting first but just because I thought that my Englist was not good enough to express my thoughts.

**I hope there wasn't any mistake in that sentence. Ha-ha.

Norbert Leo Butz quotes about John Lithgow: "He's really clumsy. One of the joys in life is to watch a great big huge man totally wipe out backstage. It takes John about three minutes to hit the floor. It's like watching a Great Sequoia falling gracelessly."

bill mobley
#49re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 10:04am

I also get a little nervous when I enter an opinion here, but I do expect to get bashed every now and then. Yet what bothers me more, for some reason, is those negative votes on Amazon.com. You know: "0 of 28 people found the following review helpful." It makes you want to cry.

Videos