pixeltracker

Anyone else ever afraid to post?

Anyone else ever afraid to post?

chenofan Profile Photo
chenofan
#0Anyone else ever afraid to post?
Posted: 6/8/05 at 11:42pm

OK so this has been on my mind for awhile. Let me start by saying how much I love being a part of this little commuinity, you are all loved by me, but, here is the thing: I hate how people get be-littled for having their own opinons. I know that we will all have opinions and they will not always be they same but that dose not give any of us the right to tear someone down for them. I think will all, my slef included, need to respect others opinions more so that we are not afraid to share them. Anyone else agree?

"You look like a Christmas tree with a drinking problem!" - MEMPHIS
Updated On: 6/9/05 at 11:42 PM

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#1re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/8/05 at 11:43pm

I like Dracula - how much belittling can I do?

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#2re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/8/05 at 11:46pm

i agree with you ... but i also know it's unrealistic ... in a public forum you always leave yourself wide open. (and i know SOMEONE will make a crude comment about that ... ha.)

RIP glebby <3

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#4re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/8/05 at 11:46pm

Yeah I agree. I mean its alot less now but when I first came onto this forum, I was always really nervous to post anything. But then again I guess thats how it always is when your new to a message board so who knows. :-P

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#5re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/8/05 at 11:48pm

I agree. But some people's opinions are just stupid....
Just kidding...

On a serious note, it's hard. Like cturtle said, on a public forum it is difficult to stop people from saying what they want. But I have frequently edited before, and found myself not replying to certain posts because I'm afraid what people will say.
Updated On: 6/8/05 at 11:48 PM

Broadway_freak Profile Photo
Broadway_freak
#6re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/8/05 at 11:48pm

Agreed! I have this thing where if someone doesn't like me or is angry at me I feel really bad, and get depressed. I hate knowing that someone hates me. I guess that's one of the reasons why I'm reluctant to post, I don't want to upset anyone. Well that, and I'm just naturally shy, but you get the picture.

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#7re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/8/05 at 11:50pm

Part of being in a theatrical community is accepting rejection. Rejection of your beliefs, of your opinions, of your talents, of your knowledge and of your written material. Consider it part of a great big learning experience.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#8re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/8/05 at 11:50pm

I've stopped caring about people arguing and have decided that I sort of enjoy it now when someone's reply to a post of mine is "Ummmm...EXCUSE ME?" That means I have some fun posts ahead...

The only thing you can do is to try to avoid calling people names. Other than that, all I can say is that conflict is what fuels these darn boards anyway. Roll with it :0)

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

FindingNamo
#9re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/8/05 at 11:53pm

Whenever I feel afraid, I whistle a happy tune.

Or I sob. Whatever.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Sumofallthings
#10re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/8/05 at 11:57pm

I slit throats...meh

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#11re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/8/05 at 11:58pm

I love all the different conflicting opinions.

I only agree that there should be less attacks. I don't have to respect others for their opinions. In Michael Jackson's opinion - having sex with children is OK (assuming he is guilty). Therefore - I do not respect him.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#12re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 12:00am

Also - anyone posting here (at least those who have been visiting frequently) should know that whatever they post here is subject to controversy. Say whatever you would like - but know and expect others to agree, disagree, praise, or bash you.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#13re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 12:03am

just remember, life isn't everything. (mike nichols)

RIP glebby <3

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#14re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 12:08am

you MISSPELLED "afraid" in the thread title!!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?

Sumofallthings
#15re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 12:09am

YOU POOR STUPID BASTARD!

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#16re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 12:11am

Not to be a hyprocrite, but you spelled afraid wrong.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#17re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 12:12am

I already posted that, sucka!!!! re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?

Sumofallthings
#18re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 12:13am

YOU POOR STUPID BASTARD!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#19re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 12:13am

yeah...nice thread...there r some people on here just waiting to attack......i posted something and that melissaerricofan was like "another one about this" and i didnt even know that there was a thread about it.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

nmartin Profile Photo
nmartin
#20re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 12:20am

Chenofan, I don't know who you are, but you just made me ashamed of myself. Good for you for posting this.

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#21re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 12:29am

It doesn't bother me anymore. I'll say what I want to say and the hell with any yahoo who thinks I'm stupid for being a CATS fan.
Yeah, you heard me. You got a problem, beeyatch?

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#22re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 12:30am

I've become impervious to it.

This is my signature.

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#23re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:03am

I don't mind the arguing back and forth regarding shows, performers, etc on the board at all. Many posters here are great writers who know how to differ with someone's opinion and make their point in a respectful manner.

What I mind is when posters feel they can call you names and treat you terribly simply because there is a difference of opinion.

Many people are MUCH braver behind the relative anonymity of the boards and the internet in general. I'd like to see these same people who mock others on the boards, and call others names as opposed to arguing their differing point maturely, say the text of their posts to that person's face.

They wouldn't.

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#24re: Anyone else ever afriad to post?
Posted: 6/9/05 at 1:06am

I'm scared of getting flamed, but everyone's entitled.

Videos