pixeltracker

Little Mermaid Workshop June 6-10- Page 2

Little Mermaid Workshop June 6-10

NewYorkYankee2006 Profile Photo
NewYorkYankee2006
#25re: Little Mermaid Workshop June 6-10
Posted: 5/26/06 at 9:38am

are they really workshopping it this year (2006) too? wonder who they'll have. hopes are still high for cheyenne jackson as eric and celia keenan-bolger as ariel.

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
#27re: Little Mermaid Workshop June 6-10
Posted: 5/26/06 at 5:32pm

She's too busy being a crazy lady on one life to live!

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#28re: Little Mermaid Workshop June 6-10
Posted: 5/26/06 at 8:24pm

kerry butler + little purple shell bikini= jonart buys ticket

as for sebastian- my hope is for samuel e. wright to reprise (he was mufasa on broadway for the longest time so one would assume he's up for it) or perhaps its part of chestor gregory's benefits package for being in tarzan

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#29re: Little Mermaid Workshop June 6-10
Posted: 5/26/06 at 8:28pm

I'm just worries about the casting of the seahorse. It's such a pivitol role and I'm scared Disney is just going to throw it away to some undeserving ensemble member. Anyone know who's playing Fletsom and Jetsom?

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#30re: Little Mermaid Workshop June 6-10
Posted: 5/26/06 at 10:15pm

I don't think many official names have been announced for the workshop, but I know Tyler Maynard played Flotsam or Jetsam in an earlier workshop.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#31re: Little Mermaid Workshop June 6-10
Posted: 5/26/06 at 11:48pm

Seahorse? where the hell is there a seahorse in the little mermaid??

there was "stormy" on an episode of the tv show...but none in the movie.

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

#32re: Little Mermaid Workshop June 6-10
Posted: 5/27/06 at 2:09am

Jonart, I would be very surprised if Samuel E. Wright took up with any shows again, even The Little Mermaid. I worked with him at Lion King and remember how grueling the performances were for him. He was always on the massage table between matinee and evening shows and was constantly talking about how he was "getting too old for this" (though that was always said with a smile and a laugh). I think it got pretty hard for him to even move after a while.

Last I heard, Sam was in upstate New York teaching kids at a performing arts school he opened himself and was VERY happy doing that, so....

I miss Sam a lot. He's a wonderful man.

NewYorkYankee2006
#33re: Little Mermaid Workshop June 6-10
Posted: 5/27/06 at 2:03pm

i agree. it would be really cool if samuel e wright came back as sabastien.

Out In The Sticks Profile Photo
Out In The Sticks
#34re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/29/06 at 12:40pm

The dance workshop in London went well apparently. Stephen Mear used six of the dancers he is currently using in Sinatra at the London Palladium, it was mainly about costumes and how they would work with the movement. hard but fulfilling week apparently.

NewYorkYankee2006
#35re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/29/06 at 1:23pm

do you know if there is anymore news on the principal casting yet and any pics on the costume/movement lab?

Videos