pixeltracker

Lord of The Rings Musical- Page 2

Lord of The Rings Musical

Phantom05 Profile Photo
Phantom05
#25re: Lord of The Rings Musical
Posted: 7/7/05 at 1:04pm

Geee, it just makes me happy to see how positive you all are....NOT. Holy Crap people, the ones of you who just make the statement "This show will be bad"...Are just really big morons, and speak of what you, and none of us really know. The thing that I really think is funny, is the fact that probably most of the ones who say "I will not see this show"...Will in fact see the the show several times, LOL! Why don't you just wait a bit before tearing the show to shreads. Just because YOU can't envision it onstage, doesn't mean that it isn't possible....It may just mean that YOU have no creativity or imagination!

Later!

Phantom05

------- "We Drink Your Blood And Then We Eat Your Soul, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Let The Bad Times Roll" -------"Past The Point Of No Return, No Backward Glances, Abandon Thought And Let The Dream Begin"

kelzama
#26re: Lord of The Rings Musical
Posted: 7/7/05 at 1:27pm

Perhaps it will stand alone. Perhaps not. But hopefully, it will encourage yet another generation of people to discover the secrets of Middle Earth, as written by the author and played out on the stage of the reader's imagination.

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#27re: Lord of The Rings Musical
Posted: 7/7/05 at 1:34pm

5 little words people... a chorus line of orcs!

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#28re: Lord of The Rings Musical
Posted: 7/7/05 at 3:44pm

I read up on this. At first I was like "wow... this is ridiculous" and I'm not a huge fan of the movies. But I saw a video clip of it's making and it looks actually not too bad. It's not a musical like we think of, with Showtunes and all that. The music was actually appropriate for LOTR. I can't really describe it, but it looked far better than I'd imagined... We'll see, I guess. Anyone know if it will come to Broadway after TO?

grizzabella
#29re: Lord of The Rings Musical
Posted: 7/7/05 at 4:19pm

I hope my first post came off as more puzzled than condemning, because that's how I feel. You're right about Wagner's Ring Cycle, TheatreDiva, but that is four operas staged over as many nights, each being about four hours in length. I don't think the creative team behind this Lord of the Rings is planning that.
I grew up loving the books, didn't hate the movies, and I'm just wondering how they're going to condense it - or is this musical the first of a trilogy? Does anybody know?

"And the postman sighed as he scratched his head, you really rather thought she ought to be dead..."

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#30re: Lord of The Rings Musical
Posted: 7/7/05 at 4:52pm

Published reports suggest the show will cost $27 million to stage, the most expensive such presentation in theatre history. Word is the cast of orcs, hobbits and wizards will be played entirely by Canadians.

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#31re: Lord of The Rings Musical
Posted: 7/7/05 at 7:21pm

i want to see this!

arykahmarye
#32re: Lord of The Rings Musical
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:58am

A friend of mine was in Canada when they were holding calls for the show, it was the first he'd heard of it.

It's going to be interesting, to say the least. I refused to even see 'The Return of the Kind' after watching 'Two Towers'.

Who knows? If this gets pulled off, maybe they'll try 'Harry Potter' or 'Dune' next.

"Umm...A1 is a steak sauce."

justthefacts2 Profile Photo
justthefacts2
#33re: Lord of The Rings Musical
Posted: 7/9/05 at 9:04am

Interesting idea, Grizzabella. I wonder if it is the first of a trilogy? A longish musical that is Part One could work as well as the movie.

By the way, I am just as finicky a LOTR fan as anyone else here, and I thought Peter Jackson's vision was astonishing. He made a great movie (all 9 hours or whatever that total was).

I saw that clip (thanks so much for finding it!) and it intrigues me. Maybe it's about time to accept that Tolkein's work is a true classic and will be interpreted and portrayed many times over in generations beyond ours.

Salmon leap from the womb of the white sea you look on; they are calves, they are lambs of good color, in peace without slaughter.

bdwybug55
#34re: Lord of The Rings Musical
Posted: 7/9/05 at 10:01am

I'm very curious...maybe this could be the Musical Theatre "Ring" cycle?

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#35re: Lord of The Rings Musical
Posted: 7/9/05 at 10:32am

The music is totally different from anything I've heard ina musical. It does have an operatic feel to it, but not in the "Fat-Lady-With-The-Horns" kind of way.

It will be interesting to see how it all develops.

(See, Justthefacts, we can agree on something!)

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

TheJackal Profile Photo
TheJackal
#36re: Lord of The Rings Musical
Posted: 7/9/05 at 10:40am

i'm curious as to how they'll get the hobbits to look like hobbits. at least in making the film version, they had the benefit of camera angles and computers to make them look little.

i like your sleeves.

justthefacts2 Profile Photo
justthefacts2
#37re: Lord of The Rings Musical
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:18am

Okay, Diva. In the land of Middle Earth, in the Third Age, under the elven stars we can agree on something.

Salmon leap from the womb of the white sea you look on; they are calves, they are lambs of good color, in peace without slaughter.

DefyingEDCT
DefyingEDCT
#39re: Lord of The Rings Musical
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:24am

I think its going to be spectacular, the horse looks amazing and its not even finished!

Videos