pixeltracker

Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME- Page 2

Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME

Pinaud Profile Photo
Pinaud
#25re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 9/28/05 at 1:36pm

I remember someone suggesting Kirstie Alley for Vera a while back. I think she would be amazing! And I hear she's great onstage.(wasn't she well received a while back as Maggie the cat?) I think if she's really interested in continuing a career turnaround, a well received broadway role(even supporting) would help. Not to mention broadway may start to be considered a little more hip to 'average joe usa' now that Julia Roberts will be treading the boards.

ShineOn
#26re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 9/28/05 at 3:24pm

As much as I adore Kirstie Alley (and FAT ACTRESS may be my favorite series I own on DVD), I think one concern would be that people may confuse her and Emily on the same stage together.

:)

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin

GypsyRoseLee Profile Photo
GypsyRoseLee
#27re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 9/28/05 at 5:04pm

I'll be so happy to hear Gooch's songs sung by a decent voice. On the OBCR, the voice of the woman who played Gooch almost made me lose my faith in humanity.

"This is what I trained to do, and this is what I love about theater. What I love about being an actress is being able to really look into myself and understand another human being. And out my own self, to shape and form and fashion a real human being--and to present that in such a way that people see something of themselves or their own understanding in that human being." --Phylicia Rashad

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#28re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 9/28/05 at 5:14pm

What??? I love Jane Connell's voice. She's so funny. She's also great in the film.

Illegally Blondish Profile Photo
Illegally Blondish
#29re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 9/28/05 at 5:55pm

Gooch isn't required to have a good voice. But neither is Cissy in A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN and Emily rocked the hell out of that role.

MargoChanning
#30re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 9/28/05 at 5:57pm

Connell was wonderful as Gooch.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

rmposey Profile Photo
rmposey
#31re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 9/30/05 at 11:21am

Yee Haaaaw! That's great! Agnes has to be one of my all-time favorite characters! Awesome! Emily will be hilarious!

I should have eaten the saw and used the cake to bludgeon my way out - Alfred Hitchcock

bdwybug55
#32re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 9/30/05 at 5:03pm

Emily is an interesting choice...I am definitely thinking of making the trip. Has anyone else heard about any other casting?

#33re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 10/7/05 at 2:03pm

How about Dixie Carter as Vera?

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#34re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 10/7/05 at 2:19pm

This seems like a great production! Those that eventually see it had better post reviews!!!!!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

amperage
#35re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 10/7/05 at 2:57pm

I love Emily Skinner's work. I think she'll be a fab Gooch.

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#36re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 10/7/05 at 3:24pm

WOW !! i hope the theater gods are listening. I LOVE HARRIET HARRIS and i see everything she does, as many times as possible. i always thought CB too brittle for MAME -- but i'm always willing to give her a try. when she tries to work against her crispy tendancies i think she loses something -- it's christine baranski, nice PTA lady or something.

i saw penny fuller as vera w/ charles bush last summer (in AUNTIE MAME) and she was too small. i wish amelia white was more famous -- she would K-I-L-L in this role.

Mind is Mantra.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#38re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 10/7/05 at 5:52pm

The production would be sooooooooooooooo awesome to see... Hopefully it will be there next summer... re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME One can wish..

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#39re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 10/7/05 at 10:43pm

I'd love to see Dixie Carter as Vera, or Stockard Channing. Actually, Stockard Channing could have been a very decent Mame.

#40re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 10/8/05 at 1:12am

Goldie Hawn as Vera and Bette Midler as Mame! Throw in Diane Keaton as Gooch and I am so there!

ShineOn
#41re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 10/8/05 at 2:15am

I would pay GOOD money to see Stockard Channing as Mame. Let's make that happen. Please.

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#42re: Emily Skinner to Join Baranski in Kennedy Center MAME
Posted: 10/8/05 at 3:14am

Actually, Megan Mullally or Eartha Kitt would do nicely as Miss Charles. I don't know what age range they desire to stick with but a few years ago Betty Bacall could have done it justice, God knows she has had the experience for the role during her WOTY escapades (MY LIPS ARE SEALED!), Too bad Stritchie never got the chance... FULL Velma!!!
Also, What ever happened with the CBS deal that Bette was to do then it got knocked and they wanted Cher but she was on tour, a very LONG tour... I heard Christine was going to do Velma in that too, Oh well. If all else fails just call Carol Burnett - or, if the run is VERY limited, Shirley MacLaine, She lives in New Mexico.

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

Videos