pixeltracker

Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..- Page 2

Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..

PJ
#25re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 1:43pm

This is very good news for Idina. I hope she becomes a successful recording artist.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#26re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 2:00pm

Those people must ahve been wearing ear plugs while hearing her sing, or they all died for headaches.

JK I love her and this is good news.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#27re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 2:13pm

Fantastic news for Idina! re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#28re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 3:15pm

I am sure after the Rent movie - Adam will be on the verge of a major deal.

I sure hope so, his voice is so mainstream, but he can actually sing - same with Idina - unlike a lot of mainstream artists.

I'm sure a big label will want to scoop up Adam from SHK BOOM after the Rent movie, and I hope they do. Because as mean as this may seem, he really wont go anywhere with SHK Boom - a Broadway based label.

Yay - now we can Idina music videos. MINUET was a good video. Can't wait for more.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#29re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 3:16pm

Nah, I don't think I'd call his voice "mainsteam." I challenge anyone to find someone with a voice like that. It's absolutely unmistakable. Maybe that's marketable... who knows? I know what you meant, though -- it's certainly not a theatre voice.

My head would explode.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 10/6/05 at 03:16 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#30re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 3:19pm

Hmmm. Well it may not be mainstream. But it sure fits in with a lot of voices in the rock genre. I mean he has a real ROCK voice.

luvtheEmcee
#31re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 3:21pm

Yeah, exactly. That's why I said I knew what you meant. re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..

If he really did go mainstream, I suppose I'd have reason to start listening to the radio again, in some capacity!

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#32re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 3:23pm

Sh-K-Boom is a wonderful wonderful thing for a lot of artists that could might not have huge appeal outside of the musical theatre genre. I think once people are exposed to Adam (with all the teens going to RENT in the theatre, it's going to be like 1996 all over again) that he could definately develop a mainstream following.

Nobody will ever love him like Emcee loves him.

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

luvtheEmcee
#33re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 3:29pm

*clings to driftwood of fangirl love*

*waves flag*

Miki
#34re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 3:30pm

Wow! This is great news for her! Congrats Idina!

Musical Reviews & Profiles: www.girlcentric.com

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#35re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 3:36pm

Emcee, maybe they'll blow up at the same time and play a show together...and then we can cry from the balcony of MSG together wishing that it was Joe's Pub "back in the day," and cursing the world that we couldn't get good seats.

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#36re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 3:37pm

I keep feeling the need to post in this thread because I'm so excited RIDICULOUSLY about this.

I cannot wait for more music from her...and videos. I honestly think her solo work is where she reallly shines. So brilliant.

Now's the time where I point to my signature and urge you all to click and buy Still I Can't Be Still if you haven't yet.

BroadwayGirl107
#37re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 3:38pm

lol. Idina playing MSG. That'd be HER dream come true...we all know that.

Especially if Bono and Lenny Kravitz came out from the wings.

luvtheEmcee
#38re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 3:39pm

I've been imagining that for a while, meagan. Like... having to wake up and sit by the computer to be able to get tickets to see him. That's exaggerated, but, you know.

*gets bigger flag*

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#39re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 3:43pm

...or worse...the day when scalpers buy all their tickets and sell them for a small fortune on ebay.

luvtheEmcee
#40re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 3:50pm

ahh!

YessicaB
#41re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 5:45pm

How exiting for her. I would be great to be able to get some more of her brilliant songs and I wish her all the success in the world.
BUT (selfishly) I'm also a bit upset, after the movie and with the record deal I'll never get to see her do one of her concerts like she did at the Zipper or recently in Provincetown, etc.
I'm jeaulous of all of you who had the chance to attend one. I doubt there'll be anything like that with RENT (movie) fame and a (hopefully) successful solo singing career!

BroadwayGirl107
#42re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 5:48pm

I'm sure its not the end of the small-venue shows quite yet. At least I hope not.

It does take a while to put together an album.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#43re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 5:49pm

Such great news...congrats to Idina

It's funny, but really exciting to look at my avatar then look at where she is now. re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..

WiCkEDrOcKS
#44re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..

Double post Updated On: 10/6/05 at 05:49 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS
#45re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..

Triple post. Updated On: 10/6/05 at 05:49 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS
#46re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..

Quadruple post. Updated On: 10/6/05 at 05:49 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS
#47re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..

Im so sorry about that. My computer is so slow... Updated On: 10/6/05 at 05:49 PM

YessicaB
#48re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 5:55pm

Hope you're right Broadway girl. But I'm even more concerned about the movie, if it's a 2nd '96 with a much broader audience she'll have tons of fans.

BroadwayGirl107
#49re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 6:21pm

Well, I was hoping we could expect the show she was touring over the summer to come to NY before Rent started playing, but it doesn't look as though that's going to happen. But she did seem to want to bring it to NY, and I'm sure she'll do so...I can't imagine it being in too big of a venue. Maybe she'll book several shows so it doesn't sell out in 1/2 an hour like the last one in NY. Ha.

Videos